+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Damour gone

Damour gone

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...damour-departs

Wish him well. For the 1st 7 or 8 games of the promotion season, he looked like the box to box player we needed and that Warnock had unearthed a gem. But whether it was injury or he struggled with the intensity of the championship I don’t know but he looked a shadow of the player we saw initially.

Re: Damour gone

Good luck to him.

Good luck up there Loic.

I can remember he was superb in that 3-0 win over Villa, then we had him and Bryson in midfield against Leeds with me expecting us to get overrun and we played them off the park - best of luck to him at what I always think of as a proper football team.

yes good luck wasn't a bad lad , at least he didn't moan and groan or think he was something he wasn't, thought he passed a ball well just lacked pace .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can remember he was superb in that 3-0 win over Villa, then we had him and Bryson in midfield against Leeds with me expecting us to get overrun and we played them off the park - best of luck to him at what I always think of as a proper football team.
    Proper ?

Good luck, Loic!

I think he'll do well in Scotland, would have been happy to keep him here as a squad player but he needs football.

Funnily enough my son and I watched the promotion DVD this morning. It felt like for that first chunk of the season, Damour was key in a lot of the positive play, goal build-ups etc. Hell of a bargain as a free transfer. Bon chance, Loic!

These departing messages are heartfelt aren't they. I suppose in this case he didn't really feature much.

I thought he was alright, didn't seem to do a lot wrong but for whatever reason he didn't become a starter.

Chance on, Damour.... rat-atat-atat

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    This is not a love song

One for the stattos. I’m sure up till a few yrs ago Cardiff City and Hearts never had a link. Never played each other in a friendly, never swapped a player on loan, and never sold or bought a player of each other.
    Then all of a sudden Neil Alexander then Don Cowie go there, we sign Callum Paterson, and now Damour signs for them.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Rumour was that he was off to play in the US, a second tier side on the east coast.

I guess he didn't get his Manhattan transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    One for the stattos. I’m sure up till a few yrs ago Cardiff City and Hearts never had a link. Never played each other in a friendly, never swapped a player on loan, and never sold or bought a player of each other.
    Then all of a sudden Neil Alexander then Don Cowie go there, we sign Callum Paterson, and now Damour signs for them.
    Didn't Don Murray play for Hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Didn't Don Murray play for Hearts?
    Looked it up. You are correct. That’s why I’m not a statto man 😁

Even in the Scottish Premier he is playing above his level. Lower end Ligue 2 player at best and the standard in that league is terrible.