+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock has his say ...

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Warnock has his say ...

"There’s bound to be consternation, you can’t blame fans for that. About three weeks ago, I had a call from his agent saying ‘hypothetically if we got a big bid would you consider it’. I said no, I am building a team around him. About 10 days two weeks later, he asked again and asked if I’d considered it. So I knew something was bubbling beneath the surface.

“As it turns out it was Fulham he had his heart set on. You know how my teams are built, if a player’s heart is not in it, you can’t keep them. If anyone wants to leave my club they always can, and I’m not going to change now.

“I was very disappointed but agents are agents. Unless the player moves they don’t get paid. It’s one of those things, I was very disappointed with the way the agent went about it. I was disappointed to be honest how Bobby played in pre-season.

It came from his agent and that’s how the ball got rolling. I asked him and he said he would prefer to go to Fulham. They are everyone’s favourites to go up, it doesn’t always work like that as we will hopefully prove.”

Neil Warnock

Re: Warnock has his say ...

But Mr Warnock, what leads the player to want a move, why did he no longer have his heart in it, what changed him?

It's easy to focus on the bad guy (agent) in all of this but what caused a player to come to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    But Mr Warnock, what leads the player to want a move, why did he no longer have his heart in it, what changed him?

It's easy to focus on the bad guy (agent) in all of this but what caused a player to come to this point?
    Does there need to be a bad guy in this.

The player had a lack of opportunity last season, mainly due to the form of Camarasa. Player gets fed up feel like he needs to move on. Manager wanted him to stay initially see's his heart isnt in it decides to let him go.

Personally i can see why the player wants to leave, but i still think the manager made the right calls last year. Its the same with Cunningham, i can see why the manager pick Bennet.

Tough one, he hardly turned it on last season but was he given a go? NW says he was prepared to build the team around him after all?
    Looking at his record bar that one season where he hit 20, he only scored 6 more in 6 years, maybe the wurzels were right? I’d like to see a Tomlin given a go, a thought Neil stated publicly he would?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    "There’s bound to be consternation, you can’t blame fans for that. About three weeks ago, I had a call from his agent saying ‘hypothetically if we got a big bid would you consider it’. I said no, I am building a team around him. About 10 days two weeks later, he asked again and asked if I’d considered it. So I knew something was bubbling beneath the surface.

“As it turns out it was Fulham he had his heart set on. You know how my teams are built, if a player’s heart is not in it, you can’t keep them. If anyone wants to leave my club they always can, and I’m not going to change now.

“I was very disappointed but agents are agents. Unless the player moves they don’t get paid. It’s one of those things, I was very disappointed with the way the agent went about it. I was disappointed to be honest how Bobby played in pre-season.

It came from his agent and that’s how the ball got rolling. I asked him and he said he would prefer to go to Fulham. They are everyone’s favourites to go up, it doesn’t always work like that as we will hopefully prove.”

Neil Warnock
    'I'm building a team around him"......Really!!! You could have fooled me Mr Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Does there need to be a bad guy in this.

The player had a lack of opportunity last season, mainly due to the form of Camarasa. Player gets fed up feel like he needs to move on. Manager wanted him to stay initially see's his heart isnt in it decides to let him go.

Personally i can see why the player wants to leave, but i still think the manager made the right calls last year. Its the same with Cunningham, i can see why the manager pick Bennet.
    Oh, I'm not advocating that the agent IS a bad guy, it would seem Warnock is doing that. In doing so, he switches the focus on the agent and the suggestion that he is the one who has engineered all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    'I'm building a team around him"......Really!!! You could have fooled me Mr Warnock
    You couldn’t really tell either way after 1 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Neil Warnock
    You may not like his style but the gaffer has never come across as a liar to me.Sounds like we were a stepping stone for him and to those who think any blame is on the gaffer for this are nuts.This game is littered with mercenaries where the grass is always greener.People have got to accept that Reid saw his future elsewhere and the gaffer was right to move him on.

Reid didn't turn it on when he got chances and if he did more in training he probably would have had more game time. I think this one is all down to the player. Not the right personality for our group. I'm pleased that we've made money on the deal.

Because he only left his beloved Bristol City for the money and the chance to play in the Premier League, his heart was never in it if you ask me, he was always on about how hard it was to leave Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Reid didn't turn it on when he got chances and if he did more in training he probably would have had more game time. I think this one is all down to the player. Not the right personality for our group. I'm pleased that we've made money on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    How did we make money in the deal?

Agents are a curse.

“Bristol City were impeccable with how they dealt with Bobby Reid and Marlon Pack.
    Lee Johnson and Steve Lansdown were spot on.”
    - Neil Warnock

Christ is he feeling alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    “Bristol City were impeccable with how they dealt with Bobby Reid and Marlon Pack.
    Lee Johnson and Steve Lansdown were spot on.”
    - Neil Warnock

Christ is he feeling alright?
    more worried about you atm

I'm sorry but there is no way NW was preparing to build a team around Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I'm sorry but there is no way NW was preparing to build a team around Bobby.
    Why did he play him last week then ? There is only one reason why Reid wanted to go to Fulham - money. He had obviously been approached by Fulham, probably via his agent, during the summer. You obviously know better than all this of course. I know who I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The fee agreed in Fulhams option to buy, at the end of the loan, is more than we paid for him. We have probably also got a loan fee.

We got relegated

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Warnock said we paid 8.5m and sold him for 10m

He's gone and he didn't stay long enough to be memorable for us.
    I thought he had talent but we didn't really see much of it in the end.
    Maybe he'll do well at Fulham and maybe they'll grind him up and spit him out like they have so many other talented players, but he won't find the club or the supporters as forgiving or patient as Cardiff.

If you want to read between the lines, I don't think Sir Neil regards him as highly as he did when he signed him, or he wouldn't have handed him to a rival

The situation at Cardiff lately has been landing me in a somewhat bizarre situation that had the real prospect of the team fielding in Flint, Pack, Reid, Cunningham, Tomlin - half a team that I used to cheer on at varying times at Ashton Gate....

Nonetheless with Reid going to Fulham that has rescinded a bit and given I have no time at all for either Tomlin or Cunningham anyway it leaves it at a more manageable Flint and Pack (who happen by the way to be incredibly good friends).

I find myself now bizarrely qualified to add thoughts on quite a few players in your squad.
    So here is how I see:

Reid.
    I don’t think I’ll hear anything from Warnock or read anything on here that will convince me that selling/loaning Bobby Reid is a good idea.
    Loaning him to promotion rivals? That’s just additional idiocy.

I’ll qualify my views on Bobby by saying he’s a favorite here. He’s not a former player, he’s a Bristol lad, he came through the system and he still does things with the club in the city.
    He left to play Premier League and nobody could begrudge him that.

I’ve seen people say he had a chance at Cardiff and he didn’t take it.
    I’d question that. Did he? Did he really?
    Saying it didn’t work....?
    It sort of reminds me of buying a Ferrari for £100,000. Driving it through farmers fields until it gets bogged down in a muddy ditch and saying “well that Ferrari was shit, I thought they were supposed to be fast?”

Bobby Reid as you know is fast, he has talent on the ball and his skills are in running at defenders quickly and getting behind them.
    So what the **** does anyone expect him to do with balls punted high in the air for him to challenge for?
    Was he frustrated? Yeah probably.
    But I bet he didn’t stop all game trying to make it work.
    So I guess you either buy Reid, play to his strengths and get a bloody good player or you move him on.
    Warnock chose the latter.
    I think it is something he won’t regret but many others will.

Pack
    This bloke has put up with so much shit in his 6 years that he deserves a medal.
    He does the stuff others don’t want to do.
    He sits in front of the defense and he’ll put in a challenge, he’ll get the ball in crap situations and he’ll try over and over again to make it work.
    I think he’ll be a success.
    The reason he will v Reid is that what can Bobby do with the ball sailing past him?
    Pack on the other hand will go and get the ball off the back 4 if he’s not getting it.
    He also has a 5 year understanding with Aden Flint.
    Flint knows to give Pack the ball.

It’s funny that Pack is never given glowing tributes when he plays but when he doesn’t play there wasn’t half a hole.
    He had a crap year last season and with Massingo and Nagy coming in, I think better all round he has a fresh start.

Won’t say much more on the others.
    Flint I worry is a bit slow now and will revert more and more to route 1.
    I didn’t see him much at Boro but apparently he had a shocker of a year.

Tomlin.
    Only thing I’ll say is that when you’ve got an issue with a manager sometimes it doesn’t click and you move on.
    When you have issues with Neil Warnock, Eddie Howe, Lee Johnson and Aitor Karanka then there’s a decent bet it’s not them...
    Waste of superb natural talent. All a bit Paul Gascoigne.

Cunningham.
    Buying him for the Premier League is one of the most bizarre decisions I’ve seen.
    I’m not sure he was good enough for top half of the Championship.
    Interesting he moves on? Flint got sent off away at PNE for elbowing him in the face after Cunningham ruffled his hair and mouthed something in his ear.
    Cunningham then rolled around on the floor to get Flint sent off...
    They didn’t get on in Bristol and there was afters there. That’s never one that’s going to click.

I have read now a couple of times over last 6 months that despite the animosity between the fans.
    The two administrations of Bristol City and Cardiff have a very good relationship - hence the recent fairly smooth transfers.

Also Warnock and Johnson talk regularly by phone. Not something I’d have expected.

Strange times eh?
    I do wish they’d stop these head tapping arrival photos though....

[QUOTE=Jursset_BrisCity;4995030]The situation at Cardiff lately has been landing me in a somewhat bizarre situation that had the real prospect of the team fielding in Flint, Pack, Reid, Cunningham, Tomlin - half a team that I used to cheer on at varying times at Ashton Gate....

Nonetheless with Reid going to Fulham that has rescinded a bit and given I have no time at all for either Tomlin or Cunningham anyway it leaves it at a more manageable Flint and Pack (who happen by the way to be incredibly good friends).

I find myself now bizarrely qualified to add thoughts on quite a few players in your squad.
    So here is how I see:

Reid.
    I don’t think I’ll hear anything from Warnock or read anything on here that will convince me that selling/loaning Bobby Reid is a good idea.
    Loaning him to promotion rivals? That’s just additional idiocy.

I’ll qualify my views on Bobby by saying he’s a favorite here. He’s not a former player, he’s a Bristol lad, he came through the system and he still does things with the club in the city.
    He left to play Premier League and nobody could begrudge him that.

I’ve seen people say he had a chance at Cardiff and he didn’t take it.
    I’d question that. Did he? Did he really?
    Saying it didn’t work....?
    It sort of reminds me of buying a Ferrari for £100,000. Driving it through farmers fields until it gets bogged down in a muddy ditch and saying “well that Ferrari was shit, I thought they were supposed to be fast?”

Bobby Reid as you know is fast, he has talent on the ball and his skills are in running at defenders quickly and getting behind them.
    So what the **** does anyone expect him to do with balls punted high in the air for him to challenge for?
    Was he frustrated? Yeah probably.
    But I bet he didn’t stop all game trying to make it work.
    So I guess you either buy Reid, play to his strengths and get a bloody good player or you move him on.
    Warnock chose the latter.
    I think it is something he won’t regret but many others will.

Pack
    This bloke has put up with so much shit in his 6 years that he deserves a medal.
    He does the stuff others don’t want to do.
    He sits in front of the defense and he’ll put in a challenge, he’ll get the ball in crap situations and he’ll try over and over again to make it work.
    I think he’ll be a success.
    The reason he will v Reid is that what can Bobby do with the ball sailing past him?
    Pack on the other hand will go and get the ball off the back 4 if he’s not getting it.
    He also has a 5 year understanding with Aden Flint.
    Flint knows to give Pack the ball.

It’s funny that Pack is never given glowing tributes when he plays but when he doesn’t play there wasn’t half a hole.
    He had a crap year last season and with Massingo and Nagy coming in, I think better all round he has a fresh start.

Won’t say much more on the others.
    Flint I worry is a bit slow now and will revert more and more to route 1.
    I didn’t see him much at Boro but apparently he had a shocker of a year.

Tomlin.
    Only thing I’ll say is that when you’ve got an issue with a manager sometimes it doesn’t click and you move on.
    When you have issues with Neil Warnock, Eddie Howe, Lee Johnson and Aitor Karanka then there’s a decent bet it’s not them...
    Waste of superb natural talent. All a bit Paul Gascoigne.

Cunningham.
    Buying him for the Premier League is one of the most bizarre decisions I’ve seen.
    I’m not sure he was good enough for top half of the Championship.
    Interesting he moves on? Flint got sent off away at PNE for elbowing him in the face after Cunningham ruffled his hair and mouthed something in his ear.
    Cunningham then rolled around on the floor to get Flint sent off...
    They didn’t get on in Bristol and there was afters there. That’s never one that’s going to click.

I have read now a couple of times over last 6 months that despite the animosity between the fans.
    The two administrations of Bristol City and Cardiff have a very good relationship - hence the recent fairly smooth transfers.

Also Warnock and Johnson talk regularly by phone. Not something I’d have expected.

A post which is readable is it really you

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Yeah I thought that too.

Reid was peripheral whilst at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yeah I thought that too.

Reid was peripheral whilst at the club.
    “I was building a team around him but was disappointed with him pre season because he hadn’t grown by 2 foot”