+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock has his say ...

Re: Warnock has his say ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Warnock said we paid 8.5m and sold him for 10m
    It’s not just a loan then? Loan with a definite to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    It sort of reminds me of buying a Ferrari for £100,000. Driving it through farmers fields until it gets bogged down in a muddy ditch and saying “well that Ferrari was shit, I thought they were supposed to be fast?”
    This here is the exact reason I have no time for Warnock's "the agent and the player pushed to go, feel sorry for me" line today

The situation at Cardiff lately has been landing me in a somewhat bizarre situation that had the real prospect of the team fielding in Flint, Pack, Reid, Cunningham, Tomlin - half a team that I used to cheer on at varying times at Ashton Gate....

Nonetheless with Reid going to Fulham that has rescinded a bit and given I have no time at all for either Tomlin or Cunningham anyway it leaves it at a more manageable Flint and Pack (who happen by the way to be incredibly good friends).

I find myself now bizarrely qualified to add thoughts on quite a few players in your squad.
    So here is how I see:

Reid.
    I don’t think I’ll hear anything from Warnock or read anything on here that will convince me that selling/loaning Bobby Reid is a good idea.
    Loaning him to promotion rivals? That’s just additional idiocy.

I’ll qualify my views on Bobby by saying he’s a favorite here. He’s not a former player, he’s a Bristol lad, he came through the system and he still does things with the club in the city.
    He left to play Premier League and nobody could begrudge him that.

I’ve seen people say he had a chance at Cardiff and he didn’t take it.
    I’d question that. Did he? Did he really?
    Saying it didn’t work....?
    It sort of reminds me of buying a Ferrari for £100,000. Driving it through farmers fields until it gets bogged down in a muddy ditch and saying “well that Ferrari was shit, I thought they were supposed to be fast?”

Bobby Reid as you know is fast, he has talent on the ball and his skills are in running at defenders quickly and getting behind them.
    So what the **** does anyone expect him to do with balls punted high in the air for him to challenge for?
    Was he frustrated? Yeah probably.
    But I bet he didn’t stop all game trying to make it work.
    So I guess you either buy Reid, play to his strengths and get a bloody good player or you move him on.
    Warnock chose the latter.
    I think it is something he won’t regret but many others will.

Pack
    This bloke has put up with so much shit in his 6 years that he deserves a medal.
    He does the stuff others don’t want to do.
    He sits in front of the defense and he’ll put in a challenge, he’ll get the ball in crap situations and he’ll try over and over again to make it work.
    I think he’ll be a success.
    The reason he will v Reid is that what can Bobby do with the ball sailing past him?
    Pack on the other hand will go and get the ball off the back 4 if he’s not getting it.
    He also has a 5 year understanding with Aden Flint.
    Flint knows to give Pack the ball.

It’s funny that Pack is never given glowing tributes when he plays but when he doesn’t play there wasn’t half a hole.
    He had a crap year last season and with Massingo and Nagy coming in, I think better all round he has a fresh start.

Won’t say much more on the others.
    Flint I worry is a bit slow now and will revert more and more to route 1.
    I didn’t see him much at Boro but apparently he had a shocker of a year.

Tomlin.
    Only thing I’ll say is that when you’ve got an issue with a manager sometimes it doesn’t click and you move on.
    When you have issues with Neil Warnock, Eddie Howe, Lee Johnson and Aitor Karanka then there’s a decent bet it’s not them...
    Waste of superb natural talent. All a bit Paul Gascoigne.

Cunningham.
    Buying him for the Premier League is one of the most bizarre decisions I’ve seen.
    I’m not sure he was good enough for top half of the Championship.
    Interesting he moves on? Flint got sent off away at PNE for elbowing him in the face after Cunningham ruffled his hair and mouthed something in his ear.
    Cunningham then rolled around on the floor to get Flint sent off...
    They didn’t get on in Bristol and there was afters there. That’s never one that’s going to click.

I have read now a couple of times over last 6 months that despite the animosity between the fans.
    The two administrations of Bristol City and Cardiff have a very good relationship - hence the recent fairly smooth transfers.

Also Warnock and Johnson talk regularly by phone. Not something I’d have expected.

Strange times eh?
    I do wish they’d stop these head tapping arrival photos though....
    What a refreshing change in tone. See, you can do if you really try

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Nice post Charlie especially the connection with a bogged down Ferrari ...

"Nonetheless with Reid going to Fulham that has rescinded a bit and given I have no time at all for either Tomlin or Cunningham anyway it leaves it at a more manageable Flint and Pack (who happen by the way to be incredibly good friends)."

Are you good friends with them or are they good friends with each other?

The situation at Cardiff lately has been landing me in a somewhat bizarre situation that had the real prospect of the team fielding in Flint, Pack, Reid, Cunningham, Tomlin - half a team that I used to cheer on at varying times at Ashton Gate....

Nonetheless with Reid going to Fulham that has rescinded a bit and given I have no time at all for either Tomlin or Cunningham anyway it leaves it at a more manageable Flint and Pack (who happen by the way to be incredibly good friends).

I find myself now bizarrely qualified to add thoughts on quite a few players in your squad.
    So here is how I see:

Reid.
    I don’t think I’ll hear anything from Warnock or read anything on here that will convince me that selling/loaning Bobby Reid is a good idea.

I’ll qualify my views on Bobby by saying he’s a favorite here. He’s not a former player, he’s a Bristol lad, he came through the system and he still does things with the club in the city.

Bobby Reid as you know is fast, he has talent on the ball and his skills are in running at defenders quickly and getting behind them.
    So what the **** does anyone expect him to do with balls punted high in the air for him to challenge for?
    So I guess you either buy Reid, play to his strengths and get a bloody good player or you move him on.

Pack
    This bloke has put up with so much shit in his 6 years that he deserves a medal.
    He sits in front of the defense and he’ll put in a challenge, he’ll get the ball in crap situations and he’ll try over and over again to make it work.
    The reason he will v Reid is that what can Bobby do with the ball sailing past him?
    Pack on the other hand will go and get the ball off the back 4 if he’s not getting it.

It’s funny that Pack is never given glowing tributes when he plays but when he doesn’t play there wasn’t half a hole.
    He had a crap year last season and with Massingo and Nagy coming in, I think better all round he has a fresh start.

Tomlin.
    Only thing I’ll say is that when you’ve got an issue with a manager sometimes it doesn’t click and you move on.
    When you have issues with Neil Warnock, Eddie Howe, Lee Johnson and Aitor Karanka then there’s a decent bet it’s not them...

Cunningham.
    Buying him for the Premier League is one of the most bizarre decisions I’ve seen.
    Interesting he moves on? Flint got sent off away at PNE for elbowing him in the face after Cunningham ruffled his hair and mouthed something in his ear.
    They didn’t get on in Bristol and there was afters there. That’s never one that’s going to click.

I have read now a couple of times over last 6 months that despite the animosity between the fans.
    The two administrations of Bristol City and Cardiff have a very good relationship - hence the recent fairly smooth transfers.

Also Warnock and Johnson talk regularly by phone. Not something I’d have expected.

Strange times eh?
    Fair play. Decent post that

"I am building a team around him"? That's just a blatant lie.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "I am build jding a team around him"? That's just a blatant lie.
    It’s a turn of phrase and you usually have to take NW’s comments with a pinch of salt. The underlying point is that he wanted Bobby to stay but it was the player who wanted a move. Which is a bit different to some conclusions jumped too by people yesterday.

Unless of course the whole thing is bullshit by NW to appease the fans. My instinct is it’s probably largely accurate as it is quite specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It’s a turn of phrase and you usually have to take NW’s comments with a pinch of salt. The underlying point is that he wanted Bobby to stay but it was the player who wanted a move. Which is a bit different to some conclusions jumped too by people yesterday.

Unless of course the whole thing is bullshit by NW to appease the fans. My instinct is it’s probably largely accurate as it is quite specific.
    And yet in Bobby’s interview with Fulham he says he was called in on Monday and it was agreed it was best for both parties that he could go as he didn’t suit the style of play.

There’s 3 sides to this story. Warnocks, Bobby’s and the truth probably somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And yet in Bobby’s interview with Fulham he says he was called in on Monday and it was agreed it was best for both parties that he could go as he didn’t suit the style of play.

There’s 3 sides to this story. Warnocks, Bobby’s and the truth probably somewhere in the middle.
    Perhaps. NW also said that if players don’t want to be here it’s best they move on so that would tie-in to an extent. I don’t think Vassell, or anybody else, was brought in to usher Bobby out the door personally. CCFC Welshlad also said this wasn't the case.

Anyway it’s all speculation I suppose.

I wouldn't reid to much into anything whats' said

It doesn't absolve Warnock at all even if true though, why on earth would Bobby Reid not want a move after last season? We can probably pinpoint the exact moment he thought maybe his future would be better elsewhere

br.jpg

Yes. it's a turn of phrase. It's not a euphemism. It has explicit meaning.

I don't blame Reid for wanting out. The only thing that could be aimed at him is what style of play was he expecting under Warnock? Although we don't know what he was told when he signed and it was obvious that due to Warnock's style of play Reid wasn't going to be trusted.

The way i see it is that if another company came in with an offer for your skills and knowledge and worked in a way that suited you and probably valued your ability more, added with a probable pay rise, then wouldn't you be off? I know that i would. Reid has done nothing wrong, he is being pro active by realising that it just isn't going to work for him under Warnock. Anyone that thinks he's bailing out is talking nonsense in my opinion. He's doing what is right for him as a footballer, something Warnock was never going to do despite what he said.

Qualify this by saying this is potentially 3rd or even 4th hand.
    My brother in law spoke to one of Bobby Reid’s family this morning who said Bobby didn’t request to leave.
    However he was told by the club/Warnock that there was interest in him (at least Bristol City & Fulham) to take him.

Given prior conversations - where I believe Reid had expressed frustrations with style of play and how he fits in - “it would be best if he spoke to those clubs” he was told.

So if you read Warnock and Reid’s comments they are both spinning a tinge on it.
    Reid didn’t ask to leave as he said and Warnock did call him in.
    But Reid had made numerous comments in meetings of his frustration about how he fits in - which is what Warnock is sort of saying.

All a bit of a he said/she said.

My brother in law spoke to one of Bobby Reid’s family this morning who said Bobby didn’t request to leave.
    However he was told by the club/Warnock that there was interest in him (at least Bristol City & Fulham) to take him.

Given prior conversations - where I believe Reid had expressed frustrations with style of play and how he fits in - “it would be best if he spoke to those clubs” he was told.

So if you read Warnock and Reid’s comments they are both spinning a tinge on it.
    But Reid had made numerous comments in meetings of his frustration about how he fits in - which is what Warnock is sort of saying.

You are not jursset.

Where's the real Jursset?

Where have you put him?

We've had years of raving Mister Hyde and now you turn up all sensible Doctor Jekyll. Really unsettling and weird!

Warnock deflects the blame, and everybody is back on side. Has some of already mentioned no reason given for him wishing to leave other than the agent wants to be paid😃

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Where's the real Jursset?

Where have you put him?

We've had years of raving Mister Hyde and now you turn up all sensible Doctor Jekyll. Really unsettling and weird!
    I would say it's Wales Bales but it's far too sensible

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

“Bristol City were impeccable with how they dealt with Bobby Reid and Marlon Pack.
    Lee Johnson and Steve Lansdown were spot on.”
    - Neil Warnock

Christ is he feeling alright?
    Lee Johnson ... our next manager.

Being groomed by our Neil so that he can go 'upstairs'.

I can't really comment on this saga but for comparison, I can comment with knowledge on the Jack Grealish to Spurs reports last summer. At no point in time did he talk to Spurs or express a desire to go to Spurs, in fact totally the opposite, because of his personal circumstances he was & is not interested in leaving Villa. The only club he talked to & visited was Leicester but that came to nothing. These reports and media spin are so often complete bollocks.

Warnock no doubt keen to deflect attention from another failed transfer. Anyway probably best for both parties that Reid has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It doesn't absolve Warnock at all even if true though, why on earth would Bobby Reid not want a move after last season? We can probably pinpoint the exact moment he thought maybe his future would be better elsewhere

br.jpg
    Agreed, has to be one of the worst substitutions in living memory!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Agreed, has to be one of the worst substitutions in living memory!
    On a par with Stuart Pearce throwing David James on upfront for Man City v Middlesbrough

So here is how I see:

Reid.

Pack

Tomlin.

Cunningham.

Strange times eh?
    Thanks for the insight.
    👍