+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I'm glad it's only a loan

I'm glad it's only a loan

Been reading through the various Bobby Reid threads and genuinely surprised to see most people are unhappy his move was not a permanent one. I think the club and (to be fair) NW recognise how good Bobby is and kept him because he may flourish under a different manager. Am I the only one who is happy it was a loan?

Re: I'm glad it's only a loan

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Been reading through the various Bobby Reid threads and genuinely surprised to see most people are unhappy his move was not a permanent one. I think the club and (to be fair) NW recognise how good Bobby is and kept him because he may flourish under a different manager. Am I the only one who is happy it was a loan?
    From what I read yesterday, he won’t be back, Fulham will sign him permanently in the summer. Not sure why but supposedly to get the deal done it had to be a loan initially.

I guess it gives our next manager a chance to work with him if they suit each others styles and plans.

If he cements a spot does well at Fulham, we hold all the cards. If he doesn't, we have him back under a new manager.

He also doesn't get to play against us this season.

I'm happy with the loan.

I am a bit confused about the De Cordova-Reid move. I understand it is a loan, but several news sites have called it a loan with an option to buy (and it would be Fulham's decision). Those same sites (including Wales Online) saying the final deal if there is a permanent transfer at the end of it would be for a higher figure than what Cardiff paid Bristol last year.

If that's right we will see Bobby back if he flops but might see a big cheque and no Bobby if he succeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    From what I read yesterday, he won’t be back, Fulham will sign him permanently in the summer. Not sure why but supposedly to get the deal done it had to be a loan initially.
    I'd imagine its something to do with Financial Fair Play.

The only way he'll be back is if he fails miserably at Fulham. I should imagine the permanent clause leaves the decision in Fulham's hands so we'll have little choice about keeping him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Think your right , I presume that written into the contract so we count overturn that decision or up the selling price if he scores a 100 goals this season >

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I am a bit confused about the De Cordova-Reid move. I understand it is a loan, but several news sites have called it a loan with an option to buy (and it would be Fulham's decision). Those same sites (including Wales Online) saying the final deal if there is a permanent transfer at the end of it would be for a higher figure than what Cardiff paid Bristol last year.

If that's right we will see Bobby back if he flops but might see a big cheque and no Bobby if he succeeds.
    Oooh we have been done , do we think the lad deliver another single golden season ie 17/18 , where he scored 19 goals in one season , the seasons before that he played 58 games and scored 5 goals for the Brizzies .

Total Brizzie career from 2010 to 2019 scored 34 goals in 204 games .

Callum Patterson, as a comparison, whose not a natural striker, but can play 10 , has played 196 games and scored 47 goals in all positions ,doesn't moan ,just get on with it , plays any tactics set him up front, at the back, on the wing or in midfield .

Funny old game

Do you think it’s a loan to spite the agent? Neil said that he was disappointed with how the agent went about it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oooh we have been done , do we think the lad deliver another single golden season ie 17/18 , where he scored 19 goals in one season , the seasons before that he played 58 games and scored 5 goals for the Brizzies .

Total Brizzie career from 2010 to 2019 scored 34 goals in 204 games .

Callum Patterson, as a comparison, whose not a natural striker, but can play 10 , has played 196 games and scored 47 goals in all positions ,doesn't moan ,just get on with it , plays any tactics set him up front, at the back, on the wing or in midfield .

Funny old game
    He was a midfielder converted into a forward for the 2017/18 season you clown.

How many more times do you have to be told this?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    If he cements a spot does well at Fulham, we hold all the cards. If he doesn't, we have him back under a new manager.

He also doesn't get to play against us this season.

I'm happy with the loan.
    Doubt it. Presumably both clubs have options to complete the transaction at a given price at the end of the season.

https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/status/1159820594583617538

There is no chance he's coming back.

He won’t be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Doubt it. Presumably both clubs have options to complete the transaction at a given price at the end of the season.
    From all these other stories that have surfaced today it certainly seems that way

On reflection it does look like Bobby has gone for good. Pity but time to move on.

Unfortunately they'll be able to dump him back on us if it all turns sour. I suppose it'll depend whether he approves of what the manager asks him to do, or whether the manager there is prepared to change his system when he tells him to.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'd imagine its something to do with Financial Fair Play.
    I agree. Maybe he only goes if they get promoted.

I think he’s burnt his bridges now and won’t be back whatever

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Don’t think fans will want him back after engineering a move away to a rival

Has anyone though of this ?

If Cardiff are promoted and Fulham aren't this year, he'll want to come back so he can play in the premiership judging by his loyalty and commitment deficiency. Would we want him ? I wouldn't personally.