+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Supporters Bus from Cefn Cribbwr

Supporters Bus from Cefn Cribbwr

Seeing the post about the Zeelo bus from Bridgend made me wonder if anyone on this messageboard ever travelled on the Supporters Bus that went to games from Cefn Cribbwr, going through Kenfig Hill, Pyle and North Cornelly. I travelled on it in 1961/62, it might also ran for the following season but can't remember exactly when it stopped.

From the mid-60's we caught the Port Talbot Supporters Club bus that eventually started stopping at Pyle. It used to drive straight through, we'd be waiting for an N&C coach. One day it stopped and asked us if we wanted to travel with them and the Pyle stop became a regular thing from then on.

Re: Supporters Bus from Cefn Cribbwr

It's still 1961 in North cornelly

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    That's pretty generous.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Seeing the post about the Zeelo bus from Bridgend made me wonder if anyone on this messageboard ever travelled on the Supporters Bus that went to games from Cefn Cribbwr, going through Kenfig Hill, Pyle and North Cornelly. I travelled on it in 1961/62, it might also ran for the following season but can't remember exactly when it stopped.

From the mid-60's we caught the Port Talbot Supporters Club bus that eventually started stopping at Pyle. It used to drive straight through, we'd be waiting for an N&C coach. One day it stopped and asked us if we wanted to travel with them and the Pyle stop became a regular thing from then on.
    Me and my mates used to travel on the Cardiff City Supporters bus from Aberkenfig that used to pick us up from the Coach Pub also a stop for the N&C coaches in those good old days. Remember beating Spurs 3-2 the season they won the double in front of a crowd of 58 thousand! We could those crowds again if we stayed in the Premier League for a few seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Cheeky Sod ! Good following from this area for the city I’ll have you know !