+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Four Games

Four Games

That's the maximum number you can cock up in a row in this division and still be in the promotion places.

Let's forget the first game because most teams failed to gel on match day one, but that means we've got up until the Fulham game to meld into a machine which grinds teams up.

"We've got the men ,we've got the guns, we've got the money too"!

Well - we haven't actually got guns of course because of some politically correct health and safety nonsense, but I thought it was an aposite quote. Pity really, because there'd have been a case for shooting a deserter yesterday.

In any case, I digress. My message here is a very positive one. We have all the ingredients to do the job which is required here by means of a tight disciplined defence which takes no chances, a fast and talented young midfield now marshalled by a proven old campaigner and a wide choice of forwards who can score at this level.

We have two long throwers and tall players who can wreak havoc at set pieces.

Those who's knowledge of the game is as poor as their fanciful ideas about mimicking the antics of Pele or Ronaldo on a rainy Tuesday night away to Stoke might have given up because we lost one now entirely irrelevant little man to Fulham but the reality of it is that success at this level comes from stamina and drilling as well as a large pool of willing infantry, all of which we now have.

Failure ? No mate, let's not dwell on failure because anyone can do that and we haven't got time to listen to negative talk or people.

In the real world you can't expect to accommodate all these new players and expect a smooth team effort right from the start, so - as I say- we've got four games to iron out the seams and become an effective unit.

Re: Four Games

Positive stuff

I think Warnock should call you in from time to time to give the team a pre-match talk

Re: Four Games

I'm sure he does that himself better than I could , but I actually believe that the outlook genuinely is positive , and far better than some are saying