+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carragher and Neville

Carragher and Neville

You have to say what these two have achieved is pretty impressive.

It’s one thing sitting on Match of the Day and answering questions.

But these two are much more than pundits - they’re genuine presenters now to be fair, asking questions and even operating all that fancy technology stuff.

Re: Carragher and Neville

Has he gobbed at the screen yet ??

I like them.
    They get out there and meet people and research stuff (presumably because sky tell them to).
    However it’s better than what MOTD serve up. Shearer boring us all to death.

I think Carragher has had elocution lessons as I can now understand what he says.

Carragher was unattractively arrogant in his twitter spat with Danny Simpson. I also find it strange that they both have had long careers surrounded by players of all different sorts of ability and personality types and they're both just fans saying "he's not good enough" without any nuance or consideration. I guess that they are just highly experienced fans is both their strength and, to me at least, a weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

But these two are much more than pundits - they’re genuine presenters now to be fair, asking questions and even operating all that fancy technology stuff.
    Sky have plenty of money behind them and the BBC are always playing catchup wrt technology.

Agree that Gary Neville is a natural and very good at his job.

Carragher a plagiarist of Neville IMHO and his voice and whiney accent still grates on me.

I think Neville is the best pundit out there

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think Neville is the best pundit out there
    Bet he wishes he had done better as a manager though.

This isn't meant to be arrogant, but Neville is the only pundit out there that I consistently learn things off - for most of the time the rest just tell me things I knew already.

Don't think Carragher is as good as Neville, but he's still a lot better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

Don't mean to piss on your chips, but Andy Townsend is also a presenter now and he uses the big touch screens too.

If he can, then anyone can

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Don't mean to piss on your chips, but Andy Townsend is also a presenter now and he uses the big touch screens too.

Why you see these people as relevant to watching football on tv is beyond me watch the game and draw your own conclusions after all these fellas are doing what they do because they can’t manage or coach teams

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

How that man has lasted so long as a pundit is beyond me , perhaps he pays them??

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bet he wishes he had done better as a manager though.

This isn't meant to be arrogant, but Neville is the only pundit out there that I consistently learn things off - for most of the time the rest just tell me things I knew already.

Don't think Carragher is as good as Neville, but he's still a lot better than most.
    Do agree Nevilie was twice the player he was and has twice the intelligence.

Bet he regrets his silly vain dip into the real world of football management though ??

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Why you see these people as relevant to watching football on tv is beyond me watch the game and draw your own conclusions after all these fellas are doing what they do because they can’t manage or coach teams
    I draw my own conclusions and I’m still interested in the breakdown they give after a game.

International

The thing i like about carragher is that he knows when to shut up.
    when someone else is talking he clearly pays attention to what they are saying, keeps his mouth shut and lets then speak.
    and when he replies his reply is relevant.
    so many of these pundits talk over people or just wan to prove they know better. He doesn't do that.