+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New signing predictions.. hit, miss or maybe ?

New signing predictions.. hit, miss or maybe ?

I’ve forgotten already about the ones who’ve left and want to concentrate on the ones that have come in. So, just for fun let’s have some predictions as to which ones will be legends and which ones will be next summer’s Bobby Reid

Vaulks- HIT . I like his attitude and he’s an all rounder. He’ll be cut more slack with the fans due to his Welsh caps and once he’s in it’ll be for a long time

Day- MISS. Once Etheridge is back he’ll be warming the bench

Nelson- HIT.. All depends if he gets a chance, but centre halfs get injured a lot. I reckon if he gets in he will be hard to shift

Flint- MISS. He’s an excellent player, but I’m not sure it’ll work with him and Morrison. And Morrison is the skipper

Whyte- HIT. Don’t know why 😂, just think again, he’ll get his chance; take it and not look back

Gratzl- MISS. I know nothing about this lad, except he can score goals. Whether he can do it at this level who knows. Our record with foreign strikers isn’t great and I reckon Bogle or Vassel will keep him out and at Christmas we’ll be bringing another one in

Vassel- HIT. Loads of pace , and like Warnock I love a bit of pace. He looks strong and was a handful against us , where he will fit in, I’m not sure, but I think he will be the one we are raving about come Christmas. The new Kevin Bartlett 😂

Pack- MAYBE I’m struggling with this one. On the face of it, he’s just what we need , strong and hardworking , but a bit worried that he just won’t fit in and had had his best days across the bridge.

Hopefully they will all be ace. Certainly adds a bit of spice bringing in all these lads.

Disappointed more that we haven’t brought in any ‘for the future’ though.

Maybe we will see Coxe or Waite or perhaps Spence step up ? That would be nice

Re: New signing predictions.. hit, miss or maybe ?

This is easy.

If we paid money for them and are expecting big things- they will be shit. Or more accurately we will probably never see them.

If we picked them up as a bargain and nobody else wanted them- they’ll be a hit.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I’ve forgotten already about the ones who’ve left and want to concentrate on the ones that have come in. So, just for fun let’s have some predictions as to which ones will be legends and which ones will be next summer’s Bobby Reid

Vaulks- HIT . I like his attitude and he’s an all rounder. He’ll be cut more slack with the fans due to his Welsh caps and once he’s in it’ll be for a long time

Day- MISS. Once Etheridge is back he’ll be warming the bench

Nelson- HIT.. All depends if he gets a chance, but centre halfs get injured a lot. I reckon if he gets in he will be hard to shift

Flint- MISS. He’s an excellent player, but I’m not sure it’ll work with him and Morrison. And Morrison is the skipper

Whyte- HIT. Don’t know why ��, just think again, he’ll get his chance; take it and not look back

Gratzl- MISS. I know nothing about this lad, except he can score goals. Whether he can do it at this level who knows. Our record with foreign strikers isn’t great and I reckon Bogle or Vassel will keep him out and at Christmas we’ll be bringing another one in

Vassel- HIT. Loads of pace , and like Warnock I love a bit of pace. He looks strong and was a handful against us , where he will fit in, I’m not sure, but I think he will be the one we are raving about come Christmas. The new Kevin Bartlett ��

Pack- MAYBE I’m struggling with this one. On the face of it, he’s just what we need , strong and hardworking , but a bit worried that he just won’t fit in and had had his best days across the bridge.

Hopefully they will all be ace. Certainly adds a bit of spice bringing in all these lads.

Disappointed more that we haven’t brought in any ‘for the future’ though.

Maybe we will see Coxe or Waite or perhaps Spence step up ? That would be nice
    If Tomlin is not going to be considered, it seems to me that Waite is the best player at the club equipped to come on and play as a classical number ten and Spence may well be the second best.

Although I'm pretty downbeat following the window because we've lost some big players who could make a difference in this league, I do feel generally positive about the new players.

Day - with Etheridge's injury, it's turn out lucky for us that we brought him in. However, I think he came here on the assumption that one of Etheridge or Smithies would be leaving - I'd pick Smithies before him, but, unlike some, I don't think he did much wrong at Wigan - I'd rate him a maybe.

Flint - Lawnmower has said it all for me - good Championship defender, he'll give us a few things he can do better than Bruno, but there will be plenty where our former player would come out on top. I'd be saying a good signing if he was playing alongside Bruno, but Morrison is a different matter completely - Miss.

Nelson, I know I'm always on about the club's attitude towards young players, but I strongly believe that a signing of this type should be, say, 21, not nearly 27. That said, I think he should have been playing Championship football by now because he's probably been good enough for a few years - Maybe

Vaulks - I mentioned in another thread that Neil Warnock has given the impression that Vaulks struggled with the expectation of what coming to a club like Cardiff meant which is surprising if true. Stats may not be everything, but they usually are a decent indicator and they says Vaulks was a high level Championship performer in a relegated side last season - needs to get a starting place quickly and if he does, I reckon he'll be a hit.

Whyte - I hope this signing comes off because it may encourage the club to make more purchases of a similar type. Shaun Derry was very complimentary about him on the radio the other week and, based on what Neil Warnock said in yesterday's press conference, I think he might start today -hit.

Pack - supposed to have good stamina, so the line about him being over the top at 28 seems unlikely to me. I'm encouraged, because based on what I've seen of him and what others are saying about him, I think he can improve our passing - hit.

Vassell - him and Che Adams were a real handful when we played at Birmingham two years ago and we've got a bargain if he can consistently play at that level. However, he's had a serious injury since then and he has spent too much time on the bench in his career, so a maybe is probably the most realistic mark.

Glatzel - seen so little of him that he can only be a maybe, but if he turns out to be a hit, then I think our top six prospects automatically become a lot more rosy.

None of us can predict the future, but I'd say that on the basis of numbers we've brought in enough good prospects to expect that two or three of them will be a great success .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If Tomlin is not going to be considered, it seems to me that Waite is the best player at the club equipped to come on and play as a classical number ten and Spence may well be the second best.

Although I'm pretty downbeat following the window because we've lost some big players who could make a difference in this league, I do feel generally positive about the new players.

Day - with Etheridge's injury, it's turn out lucky for us that we brought him in. However, I think he came here on the assumption that one of Etheridge or Smithies would be leaving - I'd pick Smithies before him, but, unlike some, I don't think he did much wrong at Wigan - I'd rate him a maybe.

Flint - Lawnmower has said it all for me - good Championship defender, he'll give us a few things he can do better than Bruno, but there will be plenty where our former player would come out on top. I'd be saying a good signing if he was playing alongside Bruno, but Morrison is a different matter completely - Miss.

Nelson, I know I'm always on about the club's attitude towards young players, but I strongly believe that a signing of this type should be, say, 21, not nearly 27. That said, I think he should have been playing Championship football by now because he's probably been good enough for a few years - Maybe

Vaulks - I mentioned in another thread that Neil Warnock has given the impression that Vaulks struggled with the expectation of what coming to a club like Cardiff meant which is surprising if true. Stats may not be everything, but they usually are a decent indicator and they says Vaulks was a high level Championship performer in a relegated side last season - needs to get a starting place quickly and if he does, I reckon he'll be a hit.

Whyte - I hope this signing comes off because it may encourage the club to make more purchases of a similar type. Shaun Derry was very complimentary about him on the radio the other week and, based on what Neil Warnock said in yesterday's press conference, I think he might start today -hit.

Pack - supposed to have good stamina, so the line about him being over the top at 28 seems unlikely to me. I'm encouraged, because based on what I've seen of him and what others are saying about him, I think he can improve our passing - hit.

Vassell - him and Che Adams were a real handful when we played at Birmingham two years ago and we've got a bargain if he can consistently play at that level. However, he's had a serious injury since then and he has spent too much time on the bench in his career, so a maybe is probably the most realistic mark.

Glatzel - seen so little of him that he can only be a maybe, but if he turns out to be a hit, then I think our top six prospects automatically become a lot more rosy.
    Spoke to a Birmingham City S/T holder this morning, said we've got ourselves a damn good player at a bargain price if Vassell can get over his injury...time will tell....likewise spoke a Brizzle City S/T ticket holder in the week, who said Pack is damn good leader but an unspectacular player. A bit miffed the club let him go tho..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Cheers Bob.
    ( Paul) 😂

Interesting insight there .

As for Waite, he impressed me in the 1st half at Taff’s Well.

Reminded me of the way Ralls used to play before Warnock arrived.