+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh Dear Diane

Oh Dear Diane

Re: Oh Dear Diane

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    How are the govt going to pay for it then?
    She’s right to ask that.

It can be paid for with more funny money (QE). The problem for Labour is Johnson's pledges of more prison places, tougher sentences, extra police and stop and search powers are wildly popular.

Diane Abbott is a massive vote loser on legs.

Quite unbelievable that Diane Abbot should be questioning anyone's ability to cost police staffing properly !

Whilst not disputing Diane’s lack of numeric reasoning it’s hilarious that Boris Johnson wants to be seen as tough on crime when he’s gone along with every cutback to the Police his Bullingdon club chums imitated in 2010.

Well it remains to be seen whether he'll actually do it, doesn't it ?

If he does then I'm not too worried about what he's said or done in the past, but I'm slightly suspicious that it's part of a campaign of empty promises of the sort we often hear from governments with their minds on an election

Abbott should have been returned permanently to the backbenches after that horrid exercise because not only didn't she know the estimated costs she didn't state them in other interviews she mentioned as she wasn't asked to.

Tories' strongest perceived strengths for as long as I can recall have been law and order and a steady economic hand. Predictable they say they want to up police and prison officer numbers after slashing them by 20,000 and 7,000 respectively since 2010 if I recall correctly.

That's right Organ, but that was because Theresa May was pursuing a personal vendetta against the police .
    She's a very spiteful person and they'd upset her massive ego over some stuff in the past

Didnt Boris have a go at crime as London Mayor ?

Remember his water cannon he was never allowed to play with ?

Think its a bit silly attacking Tories for not dealing with crime , after so much criticism has been levelled at them, for so long since austerity , perhaps a better tactic ,would be to say, thanks for listenjng to our cries of crime under funding and play that tactic out .

What does need sorting out are the courts and sentencing. I was listening to a police person taking about the problems not simply being down to underfunding , prosecutions after successful arrests were blighting their sucess , and leaving dangerous people on the streets ,or thinking no jail is coming their way .

Didnt Boris have a go at crime as London Mayor ?

Remember his water cannon he was never allowed to play with ?

Think its a bit silly attacking Tories for not dealing with crime , after so much criticism has been levelled at them, for so long since austerity , perhaps a better tactic ,would be to say, thanks for listenjng to our cries of crime under funding and play that tactic out .

What does need sorting out are the courts and sentencing. I was listening to a police person taking about the problems not simply being down to underfunding , prosecutions after successful arrests were blighting their sucess , and leaving dangerous people on the streets ,or thinking no jail is coming their way .
    Always worth remembering their use was banned by Theresa May as Home Secretary because of a policy disagreement with Johnson, so she would not approve a license, but also because the 2nd hand refurbished machines arrived with 67 separate faults that meant they were not safe. End result - scrapped at £300,000 net loss to the taxpayers of (I presume) London. But it was still one of his finest achievements!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Always worth remembering their use was banned by Theresa May as Home Secretary because of a policy disagreement with Johnson, so she would not approve a license, but also because the 2nd hand refurbished machines arrived with 67 separate faults that meant they were not safe. End result - scrapped at £300,000 net loss to the taxpayers of (I presume) London. But it was still one of his finest achievements!
    He could have kept them and used them as display fountains ?

I do remember May giving him a kicking on this matter, should imagine he was always going to get some pay back.

And here we are ,whose smiling now.

He could have kept them and used them as display fountains ?

I do remember May giving him a kicking on this matter, should imagine he was always going to get some pay back.

And here we are ,whose smiling now.
    Two years slavishly supporting St Theresa of the Cornfield and no sooner is she gone than you are dissing her in favour of your new Marvel hero. What price loyalty eh?