+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vassell got Warnock out of jail there

Re: Vassell got Warnock out of jail there

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Pisstake aside. It is not entirely impossible for a newly relegated team to actually play some football against a team like Luton!? Luton! 37% possession against, LUTON! At home ffs
    Most of that football was knocking it around on the edge of their box.
    They put together some nice moves and we still looked a bit disjointed at times as they walked through us, but we created far more chances than they did and deserved the points

When are people going to stop obsessing about possession stats 😕

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously weren't at the same game that I was. We had all the chances and should have scored four or five. They scored from their only real opportunity. Windy conditions dictated the type of game it was. All our debutants played well. I was encouraged by the display. Possession stats mean nothing.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Clearly Warnock needs some advice on his tactics from a fan who doesn’t know the difference between Marlon Pack and Bradley Dack ��

But yeah, Pack did well. It was a scruffy, untidy game in awful conditions and I’m just relieved we got the 3 points

A lot of new players bedding in and I think it’s going to be tough for a few weeks yet. Fulham and Huddersfield are the next 2 homes and they will both present a much tougher challenge.
    Teams that have just been promoted are never easy though....Fulham will be interesting

Who was it that put vassell and hoilett on?

Usually when a managers two subs combine to win the game he gets some credit.

Most of that football was knocking it around on the edge of their box.
    They put together some nice moves and we still looked a bit disjointed at times as they walked through us, but we created far more chances than they did and deserved the points

When are people going to stop obsessing about possession stats ��
    Radio Wales made the remark that Warnock always gets his sides organised and while that may be true in the areas closest to the goal I felt we gifted the centre of the park to the visitors. A better side would have punished us. I'm quite happy to play defensive football and gift the opposition the football (possession stats), but a team set up to do that also has to be able to control space and then know what to do with the football when they do get it and I'm not sure we did enough of that today.

If Murphy could finish then we would have been 3-0 up after 60 minutes and cruising to victory. However, you are never safe with a one goal lead and I thought we settled for that far too early and let them back into the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Usually when a managers two subs combine to win the game he gets some credit.
    I think it's just the fact that we are generally turgid and muscle/header/hurl/barge our way to the 3 points. Warnock's football is ugly and boring. I spent a fiver to watch the game on the website. I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Not because I'm not happy when we win but if the objective is to win at the expense of playing some football then you can't pass it off as a form of entertainment. And if it isn't entertaining I'll just wait for the notifications and then watch the highlights.

Warnock gets the job done. Fair enough. But I don't want to watch people grinding out results. Dave Jones' football was enjoyable. Malky's was pretty good (whilst not being mindblowing) . Watching us under Eddie May in the third division was more entertaining.

I felt ok watching guerrilla football last season as it was our natural position considering the ability of the other clubs, but to be so one dimensional and unambitious at home against a newly promoted league one side is just tiresome.

It felt flat. It felt uninspired. It felt like a 1-1 .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I think it's just the fact that we are generally turgid and muscle/header/hurl/barge our way to the 3 points. Warnock's football is ugly and boring. I spent a fiver to watch the game on the website. I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Not because I'm not happy when we win but if the objective is to win at the expense of playing some football then you can't pass it off as a form of entertainment. And if it isn't entertaining I'll just wait for the notifications and then watch the highlights.

Warnock gets the job done. Fair enough. But I don't want to watch people grinding out results. Dave Jones' football was enjoyable. Malky's was pretty good (whilst not being mindblowing) . Watching us under Eddie May in the third division was more entertaining.

I felt ok watching guerrilla football last season as it was our natural position considering the ability of the other clubs, but to be so one dimensional and unambitious at home against a newly promoted league one side is just tiresome.

It feels like we're set up to play last 5 minutes football for the whole 90 minutes. It won't work against better sides.

Neil knows what he’s doing at this level, his record speak for itself and the game should have been put to bed in the 1st half. But christ the football can be turgid and rigidly safety 1st. We seemed to go into our defensive shell today after our goal. No disrespect to Luton but scoring the 1st goal so early in the 2nd should have been the catalyst for us to kick on and win convincingly but it wasn’t. The approach today was typified by Bennett and Warnock having an argument because Bennett was about to overlap after we caught them in the middle and the play was open, and Warnock stopped him.

Thank god Vassell did save our blushes today and hopefully we’ll see a bit more football when the new players have settled in a bit more.

On the plus side, Pack looked assured and Glatzel was bright and linked play nicely at times.

We won.
    Flint great.
    Glatzel acclimatising.
    Murphy frustrating
    Pack solid.
    Vassell can have sex with my wife.
    As I said we won!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It feels like we're set up to play last 5 minutes football for the whole 90 minutes. It won't work against better sides.
    Warnock was lucky today he put on a midfielder and took off a winger to hold on to a 1-0 with 20 minutes to go instead of going for second goal? Vassell was warming up for the final 15 minutes but he didn’t even put him on when they equalised! He left it until injury time and so yes Vassell certainly got Warnock out of jail!

37% possession and a scrape win against Luton. I’m not putting money on City for a while 😂 Close call that..
    Luton are a footballing team, it doesn’t matter how good or bad they are, Cardiff will always have lower possession against “teams that play”

We had double the attempts and double the goals though, why counts.

You aren’t a Cardiff fan, why do you post here?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Luton are a footballing team, it doesn’t matter how good or bad they are, Cardiff will always have lower possession against “teams that play”

We had double the attempts and double the goals though, why counts.

You aren’t a Cardiff fan, why do you post here?
    So what you are saying, if I get a few of the old boys and put together a team, and we just kick the ball arround, we will have more possession than City? They will not take the game to us?

I’m not? Why the hell do the club keep sending me emails then 🤷*♂️ They better stop!

So what you are saying, if I get a few of the old boys and put together a team, and we just kick the ball arround, we will have more possession than City? They will not take the game to us?

I’m not? Why the hell do the club keep sending me emails then 🤷*♂️ They better stop!
    These teams are not a million miles away in ability. Don’t be so ****ing stupid

These teams are not a million miles away in ability. Don’t be so ****ing stupid
    Yes they are. They are Luton! Or, they should be! They make hats for Christ sake..
    Are we so poor we actually can’t play or even take the game to teams like that? I see people think we should have scored more. I say we shouldn’t scored at all. Both goals should be easy pickings for the goalkeeper. But they are Luton! They make hats..

Plus 6 minutes saved the day. Paper that crack all you want.

Yes they are. They are Luton! Or, they should be! They make hats for Christ sake..
    Are we so poor we actually can’t play or even take the game to teams like that? I see people think we should have scored more. I say we shouldn’t scored at all. Both goals should be easy pickings for the goalkeeper. But they are Luton! They make hats..
    I was referring to your point about “getting the boys together” you wally.

With that comparison, teams in the same league won’t be a millio miles apart in terms of ability.

Conceding possession to a team that likes to pass it around and taking the lions share of chances created etc..

I was referring to your point about “getting the boys together” you wally.

With that comparison, teams in the same league won’t be a millio miles apart in terms of ability.

Conceding possession to a team that likes to pass it around and taking the lions share of chances created etc..
    I can promise you this. We won’t be any easy pickings against Luton! Not for 10 minutes anyway..

I bet you moaned like **** when Jones’ teams let leads slip or didn’t have the guts to come back when they went a goal down ...

Come on, be honest.

Plus 6 minutes saved the day. Paper that crack all you want.
    They walked L1 last season and drew 3-3 against Boro last week.

They aren’t that bad.

In my opinion, thats not the attitude/opinion of a fan of Cardiff City. If you feel that strongly, why bother. If you had been there, you would have noticed that there was a 50mph wind blowing for most of the match. Also that we did try to play some football, had two wingers in the team and attacked them down both flanks. High balls into the box were causing problems for both defences, so what's wrong with using the conditions to advantage. Luton were doing it too.

I bet you moaned like **** when Jones’ teams let leads slip or didn’t have the guts to come back when they went a goal down ...

Come on, be honest.
    I’m sure the archives will show there weren’t any posts like that under jones. When we kept blowing leads, including 4 goals leads at half time I just remember loads of posts saying how grateful we were Jones was playing such open football.

When we got our battled and out run everyone was saying they didn’t mind at all- as long as we had the odd good performance that would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I’m sure the archives will show there weren’t any posts like that under jones. When we kept blowing leads, including 4 goals leads at half time I just remember loads of posts saying how grateful we were Jones was playing such open football.

When we got our battled and out run everyone was saying they didn’t mind at all- as long as we had the odd good performance that would be ok.
    😂😂 I see what you’ve done there 👍

Warnock should let them go all out on the piss set them up 442 and let them just play. May get smashed inside the 1st 20 minutes but who cares we will see some goals.

That Boro game when we were chasing promotion was a joy to watch.

Just like the 7 goal thriller up at Preston.

Warnock should ring Jones up on how to set a side up

They walked L1 last season and drew 3-3 against Boro last week.

They aren’t that bad.
    Yeah but the club email him and he talks to premier league players.