+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vassell got Warnock out of jail there

Re: Vassell got Warnock out of jail there

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In my opinion, thats not the attitude/opinion of a fan of Cardiff City. If you feel that strongly, why bother. If you had been there, you would have noticed that there was a 50mph wind blowing for most of the match. Also that we did try to play some football, had two wingers in the team and attacked them down both flanks. High balls into the box were causing problems for both defences, so what's wrong with using the conditions to advantage. Luton were doing it too.
    Find myself agreeing with you

Good lord.

Loved the way Luton got their possession percentage up by using the new law allowing you to make a short pass inside the area from goal kicks & free kicks, then the person who received the ball tapping it back to the keeper who then passed it back to him. Didn’t hurt us one iota but from Luton’s point of view who cares, it really rattled up their possession percentage. They lost 2-1 mind.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Loved the way Luton got their possession percentage up by using the new law allowing you to make a short pass inside the area from goal kicks & free kicks, then the person who received the ball tapping it back to the keeper who then passed it back to him. Didn’t hurt us one iota but from Luton’s point of view who cares, it really rattled up their possession percentage. They lost 2-1 mind.
    Woooooolffff ruuudiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In my opinion, thats not the attitude/opinion of a fan of Cardiff City. If you feel that strongly, why bother. If you had been there, you would have noticed that there was a 50mph wind blowing for most of the match. Also that we did try to play some football, had two wingers in the team and attacked them down both flanks. High balls into the box were causing problems for both defences, so what's wrong with using the conditions to advantage. Luton were doing it too.
    Why bother? That’s exactly the question I’m asking. Maybe you can tell me.

I’ll continue to follow the season but I’ll want to see some signs of footballing or tactical ambition before dropping £110 on a season long subscription.

If we are a side that are going to win games in the championship through playing direct , smash and grab football , I’ll just watch the highlights.

Honestly, the build up to that last goal was embarrassing. Luckily we have a player who can cross the ball and a Luton defence that were all over the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I believe OPTA calculate ‘possession’ by the proportion of passes made by each side. Including all the pitty-patty fun around a team’s own goal area and the back and forth across the half-way line. On its own it’s not a good stat for assessing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I believe OPTA calculate ‘possession’ by the proportion of passes made by each side. Including all the pitty-patty fun around a team’s own goal area and the back and forth across the half-way line. On its own it’s not a good stat for assessing a game.
    True. Interesting enough Luton made 200 more passes than Cardiff. 20 more long ball passes. The majority of gameplay and passes was in the middle of the park. Cardiff had two more shots on target. Fair to say, Luton didn’t threaten much in our half. But then again, they are hat makers. What is interesting though, is that the heat map show a big hole in our midfield in both our games.