+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marlon Pack

Marlon Pack

Enjoyed watching him today, droppping off and picking up the ball from the central defenders and attempting to get something going, we've not had a player who can do that since god knows. He was the bonus for me today, he looked at ease and slotted into that position comfortably. Good start.

My main issue with todays game is the fact that Warnock wont allow his midfielders the chance to push into dangerous positions or make those late runs in order to support Murphy and Glatzel. We can be thankful for a wand of a delivery from Hoilett (he laid one on for glatzel as well) because there wasn't much link up play and movement out there today. Glatzel was knackered and quite obviously not used to being so isolated and Murphy may get some stick for his delivery, although it's fair to say that he doesn't have many options due to the reluctance by Warnock to get players into the box and midfielders making late runs. I hope we don't play like that all season.

Re: Marlon Pack

He did well to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    He did well to be fair
    For me, Pack was man of the match for us.
    Patterson shouldn’t have been on the pitch he was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    In fairness he has been out for a while although he was crap. His touch was awful as was Ralls in the first half, it amazes me that some of these players need to take three touches or can't get their body in the correct position when recieving the ball, it slows everything down. Paterson looked fat....

He was on the pitch? I must have missed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    He was on the pitch? I must have missed that!
    He's a big lad Des...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's a big lad Des...
    Not in this team, he isn't.

I thought he got stronger as the game went on. real pro

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not in this team, he isn't.
    In any team he would be at the moment. He’s either been on the pies and it’s gone to his arse or doing lots of squats.

There's not a lot of negativity about this lad anywhere, well rated , hard worker , strong .

Just what the doctored order ,as he settles in perhaps that releases a Vaulks type box to box more forward midfielder??

Spot on

Thought Pack slotted right in and did a great job.

Why did Paterson play for 90 minutes?

Really impressed with Pack. What we've been crying out for. Will be a really important player for us this season

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Thought Pack slotted right in and did a great job.

Why did Paterson play for 90 minutes?
    A mystery to me. Why didn't Warnock play a proper midfielder in Vaulks from the start instead of a utility player?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    A mystery to me. Why didn't Warnock play a proper midfielder in Vaulks from the start instead of a utility player?
    Because he will always find a place for Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Because he will always find a place for Paterson
    You're absolutely right and I'm still scratching my head why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think ralls offers energy and will look better game by game next to an organised and tidy pack, I think we need to give up this 10 nonsense unless we play a 10 there, and Tomlin judging by his instagram wasn’t even in Wales yesterday, so we definitely need Vaulks in there (at cm)

Pack- defensive awareness, organiser, talks all game, can pick a pass and doesn’t hoof it as his first option

Ralls- energy and gets up and down the pitch, puts it all in and battles

Vaulks- little seen but looks comfortable on the ball, can pass, and gets around the pitch

All 3 NATURAL midfielders

I agree Pato has an energy and puts a shift in and I’m not denying the lad is a decent player, but he doesn’t have A position,as such.

Put him on last 20 if were winning to give them something to think about.
    Put him on last 20 if were a goal down and want to pump long balls out to the side right for him to get onto.

When improvements come along, you have to put them in the team, even at the expense of the manager and fans favourites, for the benefit of the whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think ralls offers energy and will look better game by game next to an organised and tidy pack, I think we need to give up this 10 nonsense unless we play a 10 there, and Tomlin judging by his instagram wasn’t even in Wales yesterday, so we definitely need Vaulks in there (at cm)

Pack- defensive awareness, organiser, talks all game, can pick a pass and doesn’t hoof it as his first option

Vaulks- little seen but looks comfortable on the ball, can pass, and gets around the pitch

I agree Pato has an energy and puts a shift in and I’m not denying the lad is a decent player, but he doesn’t have A position,as such.

Put him on last 20 if were a goal down and want to pump long balls out to the side right for him to get onto.

When improvements come along, you have to put them in the team, even at the expense of the manager and fans favourites, for the benefit of the whole team.
    I think Paterson's best position is on the right side of an attacking three, so this is the team that I'm hoping to see at Reading:

Smithies

Bennett
    Flint
    Morrison
    Peltier

Ralls
    Pack
    Vaulks

Murphy
    Glatzel
    Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think Paterson's best position is on the right side of an attacking three, so this is the team that I'm hoping to see at Reading:

Smithies

Bennett
    Flint
    Morrison
    Peltier

Ralls
    Pack
    Vaulks

Murphy
    Glatzel
    Paterson
    I wouldn’t be against that team

Pace to burn tired legs from the bench as the game wears on,

Stephen Warnock on Quest spoke about Matt Smith at Millwall and described that he's perhaps best utilised by starting at home and coming off the bench away; I think Patterson's starting position and whether this is in the first 11 or from the bench should be more flexible and perhaps based on the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Stephen Warnock on Quest spoke about Matt Smith at Millwall and described that he's perhaps best utilised by starting at home and coming off the bench away; I think Patterson's starting position and whether this is in the first 11 or from the bench should be more flexible and perhaps based on the opposition.
    Another point I can agree on.

The first part of the first post is everything I have ever said about Pack and why I think he will be a success at Cardiff - but would be anywhere he went in this league.

The game sailed over Bobby Reid’s head (literally) whereas Marlon’s best strength is getting the ball off the defense and moving the game forward.

If he isn’t getting the ball - like Reid suffered - rather than standing around he will go and get it.

There’s a lot saying about how Nagy had a great game and is an improvement on Pack have short memories.
    Pack had an ordinary last year by his own admission but he’s been here 6 years. I think he and the club are best calling it there and he needs a fresh chance, which he’ll get.

People also need to remember Nagy had one good game so far (as promising as he looked) whereas Pack gave us 5+ years of decent performances.
    Also notable the way Johnson spoke of Pack both as a player and a guy on his transfer to Cardiff to suggest how highly he regards him (and also suggesting he wasn’t entirely on board with him leaving....)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Totally agree, good post

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    The first part of the first post is everything I have ever said about Pack and why I think he will be a success at Cardiff - but would be anywhere he went in this league.

The game sailed over Bobby Reid’s head (literally) whereas Marlon’s best strength is getting the ball off the defense and moving the game forward.

If he isn’t getting the ball - like Reid suffered - rather than standing around he will go and get it.

There’s a lot saying about how Nagy had a great game and is an improvement on Pack have short memories.
    Pack had an ordinary last year by his own admission but he’s been here 6 years. I think he and the club are best calling it there and he needs a fresh chance, which he’ll get.

People also need to remember Nagy had one good game so far (as promising as he looked) whereas Pack gave us 5+ years of decent performances.
    Also notable the way Johnson spoke of Pack both as a player and a guy on his transfer to Cardiff to suggest how highly he regards him (and also suggesting he wasn’t entirely on board with him leaving....)
    Yes I think we have done well from what folk say about him hes a steal at 4 million and dare I say , a potential upgrade on Gunnerson .
    I think eventually Vaulks ,Ralls and Pack midfield will be a bloody good in this league and be a reason why we are thereabouts come the season end .

An excellent debut, certainly one of the better debutants we’ve had, I was very impressed. On the debutant note, there can’t have been many occasions when the goals were scored by home debutants with no contribution from an existing player.