+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Squad comparison with last time we went up

Squad comparison with last time we went up

Goalkeepers
    17/18 Etheridge and Murphy
    19/20 Etheridge smithies and day

Defence
    17/18 peltier manga Morrison bamba Bennett- Connolly? Richards?
    19/20 peltier Morrison flint nelson bamba Bennett bacuna, Richards?

Midfield
    17/18 gunnarson damour Halford Bryson grujic (a few games) Patterson ralls Tomlin?
    19/20 pack ralls vaulks bacuna Patterson tomlin?

Wingers
    17/18 hoilett Mendez Harris feeney (loan)
    19/20 hoilett Mendez Murphy whyte-

Forwards
    17/18 zohore ward bogle madine pilks
    19/20 ward bogle vassell madine glatzel-

I’ve done this off the top of my head so I’m sure I’ve missed out a few key players. However I’m pretty sure this current squad is as good as the side that got 90 plus points two seasons ago? Unless I’m missing something?

Re: Squad comparison with last time we went up

That’s the point I made a couple of days ago. There had been no fire sale at Cardiff. Selling Reid was poor but otherwise it’s been a solid transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s the point I made a couple of days ago. There had been no fire sale at Cardiff. Selling Reid was poor but otherwise it’s been a solid transfer window.
    We had 7 Home debutants today. They all did well and can immediately see why Warnock wanted each one of them. So different to the days of ole and Trollope when we never had any idea what they were doing- and neither did they or the players.

Reid couldn’t have been clearer he wanted to go- in his words and actions of the way he played last week. It’s strange the fans took this out on Warnock as opposed to Reid himself? Zohore never got the same sympathy either. That’s what fans would normally do after all?

Maybe that was just social media of course as at the ground everyone seemed behind Warnock today.

It's obviously disappointing to lose Reid who was proven at this level but I think if he didn't want to be here then was correct.

The squad looks better to me, I think we need to go back to basics in being good at defending. We massively over achieved last time but I certainly expect to do well.

Would be nice to have a goalscorer