Nobility is another question, but I'm certainly on your side , Bob.

I did explain in another post that it's very hard to brainwash certain groups of people, and one of these groups is those who understand the process and can therefore recognise the steps in it. I set these steps out much more fully than I'd ordinarily do here recently, although that itself was an over simplification of what is a complicated business. I repeat that it's far from one simple subliminal message during a commercial break.

I don't think I read the particular posting by Lardy which you mention, although I did post myself in that thread about the objective logic of gun control and it's detrimental consequences if adopted.

This whole thing about Trump as a person is symptomatic of what I'm trying to explain actually. You don't have to love him or think he's a perfect human being to know that what he's trying to achieve is to the benefit of humanity. Conversely, if you disagree with his politics you don't have to hate him or obsess about every tiny thing he does which you might be able to critisise.

As I said earlier, I'll try and post something later on the subject which might make it clearer without my having to try and set down 50 years of reading, study and experience in a message board thread.