Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
Some good posts in this thread and it's great to see the level of debate has taken a step upward curve lately.

Though I may not be as harsh as wolf mother (sometimes) I'm generally in his camp in how we view the game.

I do feel Warnock had a responsibility to keep one eye on the next incoming manager and to assist the club in that transition. The board also had the same responsibility.

I believe there's a reason Flint was signed by Pulis and then Warnock. I'm not disputing that Flint is not good at what he does but a more mobile, younger replacement like Nelson would have been a better long term replacement.

I don't think we'll have a choice whether we want to evolve into the modern game. Players like Peltier etc are dying species and even if we had an academy like Ajax they could never be used in the way our manager would want them to be used.

Kids are taught differently today and are 10 times more technical than they were when I was a kid.

It affects us when we are trying to develop our own, it affects us in the loan market and affects us when attracting players.
Warnock did sign nelson aswell to be fair. Are you saying he should play him above flint (aged 30 so a good few years left in that position in this league) even if he thinks it would make the team worse?