+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Standing in the Canton end

Standing in the Canton end

Did anyone see the half hearted attempts to enforce the "fans must sit rule" yesterday?

The female steward, who I assume was the head, came and told one of the others that she'd been told we all had to sit, he laughed and sat himself, she left then came back and kind of did a very low volume "ok can you all take your seats" shout then sacked it off and left.

I assume she knew as well as everybody else that it was never going to happen so came up and did a cursory attempt so she could say that she'd tried. Not a criticism of her at all but whoever tried to get the poor stewards to enforce that needs a reality check

Re: Standing in the Canton end

Always happens first game of the season.

Can’t blame her for trying, or doing her job as you’ve said, but I think they ya r to be seen to be making the effort?

I was over there a few games last season by mates midweek when I didn’t take my daughter and some bloke was moaning about the standing, someone asked him how long he’s been a st holder to which he replied about 20 years.
    He’d moved over from the grandstand as it was cheaper so knew full well what to expect and still moaned he had to stand.

Can’t help some people

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Always happens first game of the season.
    Yes it does, although they may do another attempt until around the fourth or fifth home game. I cannot sit when I'm watching football. I can't even sit when its on the telly.

If they started to rule with an iron rod and stated that standing would result in a ban or other punitive measure, I honestly can say that I'd probably have to stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Yes it does, although they may do another attempt until around the fourth or fifth home game. I cannot sit when I'm watching football. I can't even sit when its on the telly.

If they started to rule with an iron rod and stated that standing would result in a ban or other punitive measure, I honestly can say that I'd probably have to stop going.
    Remember the official line from the club when we first moved in..."the stadium is all seating, there will be no standing allowed anywhere. However if you were to want to stand, not that that's allowed, you should get a ticket in the Canton end"

I’ve recently moved to the top of the canton stand , aisle seat. Why are there 3 stewards perched around the top ? Are they always there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I’ve recently moved to the top of the canton stand , aisle seat. Why are there 3 stewards perched around the top ? Are they always there ?
    Its to stop loads piling in up the back who aren't actually got tickets there, so have stewards as "check points" to make sure your in the right row

Quote Originally Posted by Blue94 View Post
    Its to stop loads piling in up the back who aren't actually got tickets there, so have stewards as "check points" to make sure your in the right row
    Gets a bit annoying when you have to show your card 3 times within 20 metres