+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative: Luton Towns forum

Alternative: Luton Towns forum

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Awful. Like stepping back into the 1990's.
    Isn’t that just like Luton in general?

Re: Luton Towns forum

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Isn’t that just like Luton in general?
    Think Luton is more 80’s grimness stuck in a thatcher like recession. Horrible place

We know what you are, we know what you are, cheap flying ba5tards, we know what you are.

Luton is rough as ****. Lots of angry, scummy white kids.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Tommy Robinson started his career as a thug supporting Luton, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Tommy Robinson started his career as a thug supporting Luton, apparently
    He was not successful at that

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    He was not successful at that
    He spoke highly of city lads back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    He spoke highly of city lads back in the day
    Yep that did come second best

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Really ?
    Where in Luton are you seeing all these white kids ? Also, why do you regard white kids as "scummy" ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Really ?
    Where in Luton are you seeing all these white kids ? Also, why do you regard white kids as "scummy" ?
    Lots of scummy people of Asian and African descent as well, but he wouldn’t say that.
    You get them everywhere of all colours.

Exactly. If anyone applied that phrase to another race there'd be uproar.

Really ?
    I have no idea what street it was on. Why do you care? I don't regard all white kids as scummy. I didn't see any black or Asian kids.

Thank God there's none of that going on in Cardiff!

I have no idea what street it was on. Why do you care? I don't regard all white kids as scummy. I didn't see any black or Asian kids.

Are you sure you were in Luton then ?
    It'd be hard not to see any Asian kids in Luton actually, but I was just wondering why it's okay to say "scummy white kids" because, as I said above , if someone used that expression about another race people would be going crackers about it.

It'd be hard not to see any Asian kids in Luton actually, but I was just wondering why it's okay to say "scummy white kids" because, as I said above , if someone used that expression about another race people would be going crackers about it.
    I’ve had the odd disagreement with NYC but **** sake it’s like it all over the UK good and bad everywhere you go.

And Luton is a shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I’ve had the odd disagreement with NYC but **** sake it’s like it all over the UK good and bad everywhere you go.

And Luton is a shithole.
    I'm not so much having a go at NYC, just pointing out that if we're going to be precious about the expressions we use, then that's a two way street.
    I don't know whether he's in NY or whether that's just a name, but if he is then he benefits from the first amendment and personally I'm a great supporter of that, so I think that it'd be better if we could all just say what we mean actually.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Yep that did come second best
    did they not burn a welsh flag in the late 90's ? ??

I can only guess they were still smarting after the 94 fa cup game, now that was a lively game

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    did they not burn a welsh flag in the late 90's ? ??

I can only guess they were still smarting after the 94 fa cup game, now that was a lively game
    Not sure if they took a kicking after the game but I’m still smarting after all those years. David Preece’s ‘offside’ goal after Stant equalised, still haunts! Yesterday was a small payback!

Do you have to know the name of the street you're on to know what town or city you're in? My answer would be "of course not". But I understand some people get confused.

You seem to fancy yourself an expert on Luton and it's population. Can I ask your credentials?

Do you have to know the name of the street you're on to know what town or city you're in? My answer would be "of course not". But I understand some people get confused.

You seem to fancy yourself an expert on Luton and it's population. Can I ask your credentials?
    I did a doctorate in the demographics of Luton and Dunstable

No, I just know the area very well

The flag burning incident was in the Championship, so definitely after 2003. In a wooden stand too. Absolutely no punishment. Ground should have been closed.

I did a doctorate in the demographics of Luton and Dunstable

No, I just know the area very well
    So do you refute the possibility of any angry, scummy white kids being there?

Oh come on you feckin white fecker you....

I’m not 100% about this, but I think the abuse and , uh, slavery of ethnic minorities by white europeans for centuries makes it less of an ordeal for ethnic stereotyping to be directed towards a white (especially in a majority white country/city/town) than it is to someone who has brown skin.

If anything, the op is probably being a bit prejudiced towards the working classes and people who are unemployed.

Reminder not to open this thread again***

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Reminder not to open this thread again***
    If people could add "This is a football thread" to their post titles that would save me a lot of wasted time". Thanks.