+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reading Away sold out already?!

Re: Reading Away sold out already?!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's ridiculous that Cardiff and Reading don't have a reciprical agreement to accomodate as many away fans as possible. We could easily take 3,000 up there. That's an extra £16k at least. Don't Reading want an extra £16k? Not to mention a decent atmosphere.
    It’s all about creating a better atmosphere for home fans. There will definitely be no further ticket allocation as around half the stand is allocated to Club 1871.
    If I hear the merest hint of a Welsh accent in the home end I’m coming after you

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Just tried that.

You need a previous booking ID unless there is a way around that of which I would be interested.
    Pearcey will sort us out for tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Reading is my local club.
    The “away” stand holds 4,400 but they have moved fans of Club 1854 (or something like that) into the stand to help create atmosphere.

So now they only give 2,200 to Away fans.
    Yet where the other fans who moved in there used to sit is totally empty.
    So there’s large parts of other stands with just Rows of empty blue seats...

I have made this point to a couple of locals and that given the atmosphere is still awful it isn’t working but they won’t have it..
    The atmosphere has improved considerably. Not difficult because it was dire. I had real doubts about Club 1871 but they have made it work. It took a long time but most of our support now agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Pearcey will sort us out for tickets

Only if you pledge allegiance to the blue and white hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Only if you pledge allegiance to the blue and white hoops.
    Always had a soft spot for QPR

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Always had a soft spot for QPR
    Shameful.

It’s all about creating a better atmosphere for home fans. There will definitely be no further ticket allocation as around half the stand is allocated to Club 1871.
    If I hear the merest hint of a Welsh accent in the home end I’m coming after you
    How does it work at the end of the match? Last time I went there was a line of stewards encouraging away fans to go all the way around the ground to get to the car parks just off the M4. Handy if you want the buses back to the station, otherwise a pain the posterior.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    How does it work at the end of the match? Last time I went there was a line of stewards encouraging away fans to go all the way around the ground to get to the car parks just off the M4. Handy if you want the buses back to the station, otherwise a pain the posterior.
    It’s a good question because that’s exactly what we have to do. I am in the stand opposite and instead of walking down the hill back to the bus for the park and ride I have to walk all the way around the ground. Instead of a five minute walk it’s a twenty minute one. I didn’t realise the same happened to you guys. I’m in the stand opposite so don’t take much notice so not sure if this still applies to away supporters.

You can use my RG postcode address and buy home end tickets if someone comes and mows my lawn while I’m away....

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Admittedly Cardiff ticket sale structure isn't great but you can't blame Cardiff for Reading's failure to provide a sufficient number.
    It’s absolurely ****ing retarded what they are doing at Reading.
    I have argued with local neighbours about it.

They haven’t got loads of fans.
    They don’t come anywhere ****ing near filling the ground so what do they do?
    Move some group that were sat elsewhere in the stadium into the away end and cut the away allocation in half.

We sold out 4,400 two seasons ago and last season we got 2,200 tickets and guess what?
    As expected loads of blue seats everywhere and the stadium is still an soulless library.

Ridiculous football club.

Just to add for those looking for decent parking Mereoak Park and Ride will cost you around a fiver to park up and get the bust to and from the ground. It’s a good service but there will be a queue to get the bus back after the game. However once you get back to the car park you will be back on the M4 in five minutes. So it’s probably a little quicker than parking at the stadium or any other places near to the ground and is certainly cheaper and you avoid driving in the match day traffic.

It’s absolurely ****ing retarded what they are doing at Reading.
    I have argued with local neighbours about it.

They haven’t got loads of fans.
    They don’t come anywhere ****ing near filling the ground so what do they do?
    Move some group that were sat elsewhere in the stadium into the away end and cut the away allocation in half.

We sold out 4,400 two seasons ago and last season we got 2,200 tickets and guess what?
    As expected loads of blue seats everywhere and the stadium is still an soulless library.

Ridiculous football club.

You don’t listen do you. As I said early last season club 1871 wasn’t working. The numbers in that section of the South Stand were poor but gradually since the turn of the year it’s greatly improved with most of that section of the stand now full. They make good noise and the artmosphere is much better.

What you obviously don’t get is that as a club our owners have been willing to take a hit on match day revenue with less away supporters in an attempt to improve the atmosphere for home supporters. Given that we also operate Twenty’s Plenty so that away supporters don’t get ripped off, provide the cheapest Season Ticket prices in the division and have free transport provided to the fifteen longest trips confirms that we are a club that looks after your average football fan unlike your shitty club.

Just to add for those looking for decent parking Mereoak Park and Ride will cost you around a fiver to park up and get the bust to and from the ground. It’s a good service but there will be a queue to get the bus back after the game. However once you get back to the car park you will be back on the M4 in five minutes. So it’s probably a little quicker than parking at the stadium or any other places near to the ground and is certainly cheaper and you avoid driving in the match day traffic.
    Convenient parking for the M4 but...F60 shuttle bus to Mereoak goes from Hurst Way outside the away end. Good news if you don't have to walk 9/10ths the way round the stadium to get there at the end of the match.
    Am I right in presuming the away fans have the left hand side of the South stand as you look from the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Convenient parking for the M4 but...F60 shuttle bus to Mereoak goes from Hurst Way outside the away end. Good news if you don't have to walk 9/10ths the way round the stadium to get there at the end of the match.
    Am I right in presuming the away fans have the left hand side of the South stand as you look from the pitch?
    From my position in the ED Stand (opposite end of ground)the away fans are to the left in the South Stand. I have the same problem though Ian. It’s a twenty minute walk and it does mean there is a long queue waiting for the bus but it goes down quickly. It’s certainly no worse than being stuck in a stadium car park for forty minutes.

If anyone does use Mereoak and you are coming as a group ask for a group return ticket to the Madejski or a family return ticket depending upon who you are travelling with. Don’t pay individually.

So rather that get better players, play more exciting, actually perform and challenge near the top end of the table...

You instead choose to cut the away end up (which creates noise first off), move the same set of fans that were already in the stadium and just empty other parts of the ground.

All to create an atmosphere.

In a nutshell it sums Reading FC up...
    Manufactured.

What next? Hand out clappers like Fulham?

So rather that get better players, play more exciting, actually perform and challenge near the top end of the table...

You instead choose to cut the away end up (which creates noise first off), move the same set of fans that were already in the stadium and just empty other parts of the ground.

Manufactured.

Your stupidity knows no bounds. We have the net highest transfer spend in the Championship this summer having been under a soft transfer prior to that due to the sheer amount we spent on players in 2017 meaning we made a huge loss. By all means criticise our club for the appalling signings we have made. I can agree with you on that. To criticise on a lack of spending shows your lack of knowledge on the matter.

Given that we also operate Twenty’s Plenty so that away supporters don’t get ripped off, provide the cheapest Season Ticket prices in the division and have free transport provided to the fifteen longest trips confirms that we are a club that looks after your average football fan unlike your shitty club.
    Ok that obviously clears up why we average 22k and Reading averages 14k then....

Your stupidity knows no bounds. We have the net highest transfer spend in the Championship this summer having been under a soft transfer prior to that due to the sheer amount we spent on players in 2017 meaning we made a huge loss. By all means criticise our club for the appalling signings we have made. I can agree with you on that. To criticise on a lack of spending shows your lack of knowledge on the matter.
    Glad those signings are working.
    My neighbour said you’re still dogshit.

Glad those signings are working.
    My neighbour said you’re still dogshit.
    Let’s see shall we. Doesn’t say much for your lot if you just about scrambled a late equaliser against us to get one whole point from our two games last season. You will struggle this season.

I understand the reasoning behind it but didn't this lot that are now sharing the end with the away fans position themselves to the right of the away fans (as you look from the away end) at the side of the pitch next to the screen anyway prior to this move?

I'm not sure how much reducing the away fans and simply moving the vocal Reading fans to the other side of the away fans improves atmosphere.
    If the aim was to reduce away fan noise then I can see it but if it is to increase atmosphere as a whole then why not just leave the away end intact as the full end and install the singing area as the section next to the away fans near the screen?

Let’s see shall we. Doesn’t say much for your lot if you just about scrambled a late equaliser against us to get one whole point from our two games last season. You will struggle this season.
    A Reading fan and a Bristol City fan going at each other on a Cardiff City messageboard. Football

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind it but didn't this lot that are now sharing the end with the away fans position themselves to the right of the away fans (as you look from the away end) at the side of the pitch next to the screen anyway prior to this move?

I'm not sure how much reducing the away fans and simply moving the vocal Reading fans to the other side of the away fans improves atmosphere.
    If the aim was to reduce away fan noise then I can see it but if it is to increase atmosphere as a whole then why not just leave the away end intact as the full end and install the singing area as the section next to the away fans near the screen?
    From the opposite end the away fans are to the left and club 1871 are to the right. So the away fans are nearest to the screen.
    Club 1871 are therefore nearer to the West Stand ana away fans are closer to the more vocal East Stand.
    I think what has definitely happened is that the vocal supporters from the East Stand have now switched with Club 1871 to the South Stand so yes It has reduced the atmosphere in the East Stand. However there is much more tolerance to Club 1871 fans standing than there is in the East Stand and that seems to have helped. Also by having the vocal fans concentrated in a smaller area has helped.

I also think you are correct in that by not allocating the entire South Stand to away fans there is less chance of home support being drowned out.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    A Reading fan and a Bristol City fan going at each other on a Cardiff City messageboard. Football

Manufactured.

Fulham you say? You realise there are kids growing up in Bristol who dream all their lives of playing for Fulham....