+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reading Away sold out already?!

Re: Ticket Office

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    This situation only comes up for certain games - Reading due to reduced allocation, the Jacks obviously, possibly Bristol and Brentford due to small away end. It’ll also be an issue if we get promoted again.

But couldn’t the club, as per a lot of other clubs, have a clearly defined points based system so everybody knows where they will stand? This could be used season after season. It still rewards those loyal fans who attend a large number of away games. Nobody can honestly say that they thought the qualifying criteria for Reading away would if you’d gone to the Wogan game only.
    I didn't and I've been royally screwed in relation to the rail tickets I've booked.

I do think it’s fair to give season ticket holders priority in fairness but to do members who went to Wigan priority over people who went lots last season seems mad

Re: Reading Away sold out already?!

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Just tried that.

You need a previous booking ID unless there is a way around that of which I would be interested.
    No you don’t you just need to click the no previous button at the top or whatever it’s called

It's ridiculous that Cardiff and Reading don't have a reciprical agreement to accomodate as many away fans as possible. We could easily take 3,000 up there. That's an extra £16k at least. Don't Reading want an extra £16k? Not to mention a decent atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's ridiculous that Cardiff and Reading don't have a reciprical agreement to accomodate as many away fans as possible. We could easily take 3,000 up there. That's an extra £16k at least. Don't Reading want an extra £16k? Not to mention a decent atmosphere.
    You would also have thought that if Reading had wanted to get an atmosphere going, they would not alter their seating arrangements to the detriment of the away following.

There was a push not long ago to ensure away fans get the best experience possible. We seem to go overboard for away support so I'm not sure why Reading seem to be doing the opposite.

It's a real shame as Reading is such an easy game to get to and from.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I'm fine as I went to Wigan but there's only one club who should take the blame for this shambles and it's Cardiff and their incredibly stupid/naive sale structure.
    Admittedly Cardiff ticket sale structure isn't great but you can't blame Cardiff for Reading's failure to provide a sufficient number.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Anyone been in the home end at reading?
    It's always empty.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You would also have thought that if Reading had wanted to get an atmosphere going, they would not alter their seating arrangements to the detriment of the away following.

There was a push not long ago to ensure away fans get the best experience possible. We seem to go overboard for away support so I'm not sure why Reading seem to be doing the opposite.

It's a real shame as Reading is such an easy game to get to and from.

It looks like their fans got fed up with home games being like away fixtures, what with so many away fans in their stadium

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It looks like their fans got fed up with home games being like away fixtures, what with so many away fans in their stadium
    Well that could be true as I have always thought that their support is a bit rubbish.

I didn't and I've been royally screwed in relation to the rail tickets I've booked.
    Royally screwed? That is genius - I hope you meant it!

You have my full sympathy for the wasted train fare and the crazy ticket priority system.

This club behaves like a ****ing league two team. Why wouldn't it have been so hard to give season ticket holders with 8+ aways last season one day of priority, then season ticket holders and members who went to Wigan. Spitting in the face of the people who followed them up and down last season, getting ****ing embarrassed for the most of it. Whoever set up that criteria, and some one did, and i'm sure they read the board... because they all do down there, you are a ****ing useless slug of a human. You had one job, and you failed. Well done. They KNOW we could've taken 4000, pushing 4500 if they had forced Reading, utterly pathetic. I hope we give them the same treatment back. Which we won't.

Abertawe Town game will be interesting, only 1650 tickets
    Will the club offer Swansea town the same amount of tickets?

Its a joke they get 15k at home then only offer 1.6k tickets for away fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Admittedly Cardiff ticket sale structure isn't great but you can't blame Cardiff for Reading's failure to provide a sufficient number.
    10% is a sufficient number. It's like saying we should open the Tan stand for when Leeds come down in March if they're chasing promotion and would bring huge numbers, and we're in midtable with 20k turning up.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    This club behaves like a ****ing league two team. Why wouldn't it have been so hard to give season ticket holders with 8+ aways last season one day of priority, then season ticket holders and members who went to Wigan. Spitting in the face of the people who followed them up and down last season, getting ****ing embarrassed for the most of it. Whoever set up that criteria, and some one did, and i'm sure they read the board... because they all do down there, you are a ****ing useless slug of a human. You had one job, and you failed. Well done. They KNOW we could've taken 4000, pushing 4500 if they had forced Reading, utterly pathetic. I hope we give them the same treatment back. Which we won't.
    Last season was similar at times (although better than this shambles). Used to go from 6+ aways to zero with no inbetween. Bizzare tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    10% is a sufficient number. It's like saying we should open the Tan stand for when Leeds come down in March if they're chasing promotion and would bring huge numbers, and we're in midtable with 20k turning up.
    This is a special case though, for us at least. It's one of the few away games that's easy to get to that's not considered a risk and both clubs should be trying to capitalize on it. It's a win-win for the clubs and the fans.

Just out of interest (& from a position of having my Reading tickets), Sheffield Wednesday had the same limitations and over subscription, their points criteria & similar thread is here https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...g-ticket-news/

230 points per year for a ST x max 2 years + 10 points per away game (23 league) + 10 points / cup game (5) = 460+230+50= 740 points max. If I read the thread correctly they sold 2,000 to fans with 560 points and the remaining 200 to fans with 520 points.

This seems a fair system, especially including the cup games as an equivalent of an away game.

So they drop in in blocks of 4. Starting at 22 (away/cup) then 18,14,10 and sold out at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just out of interest (& from a position of having my Reading tickets), Sheffield Wednesday had the same limitations and over subscription, their points criteria & similar thread is here https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...g-ticket-news/

230 points per year for a ST x max 2 years + 10 points per away game (23 league) + 10 points / cup game (5) = 460+230+50= 740 points max. If I read the thread correctly they sold 2,000 to fans with 560 points and the remaining 200 to fans with 520 points.

This seems a fair system, especially including the cup games as an equivalent of an away game.

So they drop in in blocks of 4. Starting at 22 (away/cup) then 18,14,10 and sold out at 6.
    Yeah, why we don't have a system like this in place is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This is a special case though, for us at least. It's one of the few away games that's easy to get to that's not considered a risk and both clubs should be trying to capitalize on it. It's a win-win for the clubs and the fans.
    Not sure it is a win win for Reading when it'd be like us turning it into a home game having 4k like it has been the last few seasons. I can see why they're adopting this approach this season tbh, just think the issue is the selling structure which has caused bigger probs.

Once again e ticketing isn't working and the only number I have for the ticket office simply has an engaged tone.

Does anybody have an alternative number or one that places you in a queue?

Thanks
    Out of interest was there a selling criteria for Wigan away (I was on holiday at the time so I wasn't looking) and if so what was it?

I remember that our first away game last season at Bournemouth relied on you having attended quite a high number of away games the season before that, and those games still counted well into last season for the buy criteria.

So why has the policy changed? Quite idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    This situation only comes up for certain games - Reading due to reduced allocation, the Jacks obviously, possibly Bristol and Brentford due to small away end. It’ll also be an issue if we get promoted again.

But couldn’t the club, as per a lot of other clubs, have a clearly defined points based system so everybody knows where they will stand? This could be used season after season. It still rewards those loyal fans who attend a large number of away games. Nobody can honestly say that they thought the qualifying criteria for Reading away would if you’d gone to the Wogan game only.
    He’s been dead a few years now mind, not sure if it’d still apply.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s been dead a few years now mind, not sure if it’d still apply.
    Good old Terry

It’s Reading’s fault, only allocating 2200 tickets

Clubs a joke
    Reading is my local club.
    The “away” stand holds 4,400 but they have moved fans of Club 1854 (or something like that) into the stand to help create atmosphere.

So now they only give 2,200 to Away fans.
    Yet where the other fans who moved in there used to sit is totally empty.
    So there’s large parts of other stands with just Rows of empty blue seats...

I have made this point to a couple of locals and that given the atmosphere is still awful it isn’t working but they won’t have it..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Out of interest was there a selling criteria for Wigan away (I was on holiday at the time so I wasn't looking) and if so what was it?

I remember that our first away game last season at Bournemouth relied on you having attended quite a high number of away games the season before that, and those games still counted well into last season for the buy criteria.

So why has the policy changed? Quite idiotic.
    No criteria for Wigan as we could have had something like 5000 tickets if we wanted them.

As it was it was a good effort to take the 3000 odd

To be honest I’m a bit surprised at the demand.

Sunday 12 o clock kick off on TV.

Few years ago everyone would be moaning and making excuses not to go.

The away end at Blackburn for a good old 3 pm Saturday game holds something like 4000 so there’s plenty of chance to go to see Neil’s route 1 birds the week after.

Much better ground and more choices of decent pubs too

It’s Reading’s fault, only allocating 2200 tickets

Clubs a joke
    Ridiculous, 10,000 empty seats then....