+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ravel Morrison

Ravel Morrison

I just noticed that he signed for Sheffield United in the summer. He is a player of undoubted talent, but it never seems to work out for him wherever he goes. He reminds me of Leon Jeanne, in that they have both struggled with the rigours professional football.

Re: Ravel Morrison

That's harsh on Ravel, nowhere near the level of Leon Jeanne considering he has played Premier league, serie a and now at the age of 26 has been given another Premier league contract. He's done alright for himself.

Could he have done better given his technical ability? Maybe, but quite possibly not. Still he has at least made a well paid career out of it.

Jeanne is still in and out of trouble to this day isn't he? Not sure how good he could have been considering we saw him whilst at lower league level.

Yea but he still has made an excellently well paid career from his talent.

I'd say he's more like a Tomlin, both have at least made a career from the game but could have done better.

Tbh I'm just being difficult for no reason. I k ow what you meant.

Maybe every manager thought that they could be the one to unlock his natural talent, hence all the contracts?

Morrison is considered the best young player that Alex Ferguson has ever worked with, and he should have been the next Gazza. Given that level of acclaim, his playing record suggests that something went wrong somewhere.

Even Russel Slade wasn't too keen on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Even Russel Slade wasn't too keen on him.
    He had skill. Thats why Russ wasnt keen on him.

He suffered from early hype from Utd and Fergie' frothy comments about him .

He will be off for his next pay day anytime soon as saves on him knuckling down as he flits from club to.club .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He had skill. Thats why Russ wasnt keen on him.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂