+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are my eyes going?gone?

Are my eyes going?gone?

Spurs - Villa Saturday evening. Spurs first goal credited to their new midfielder (name?) but to my eyes it took a big deflection off Tyrone Mings (testicles, I think) but no mention on Sky of the possibility it might have been an own goal. Another incident in the same game, Harry Kane's first goal - there was at least a hint of offside about it but no reference to VAR on Sky and they only showed a brief replay of the incident once. Not saying it was offside just thought it was worth the debate. Strange.

I become more confused by the day.

Nice to see SUPER LEEDS (Sky's darlings) drop two points at home to Forest. So Warnockball is only one point worse than Bielsaball at the moment.

Re: Are my eyes going?gone?

I hope I’m not insulting you’re knowledge now but you do realise if the initial shot is going on target, and it takes a deflection it doesn’t count as own goal?

Looked to be going wide to me - did you see the goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    I hope I’m not insulting you’re knowledge now but you do realise if the initial shot is going on target, and it takes a deflection it doesn’t count as own goal?
    That bus bloke in 1,2,3

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    In this country - in Italy both of those goals, and Dan james' yesterday, would be classed as own goals.

Same as James’s goal for Manure, took a deflection off the defender

But James's goal was on target anyway so no own goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    But James's goal was on target anyway so no own goal!
    Was it !!!!!!!

Look again, I’ve only seen it once, but if it don’t take the deflection, it doesn’t go in

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Spurs - Villa Saturday evening. Spurs first goal credited to their new midfielder (name?) but to my eyes it took a big deflection off Tyrone Mings (testicles, I think) but no mention on Sky of the possibility it might have been an own goal. Another incident in the same game, Harry Kane's first goal - there was at least a hint of offside about it but no reference to VAR on Sky and they only showed a brief replay of the incident once. Not saying it was offside just thought it was worth the debate. Strange.

I become more confused by the day.

Nice to see SUPER LEEDS (Sky's darlings) drop two points at home to Forest. So Warnockball is only one point worse than Bielsaball at the moment.
    Is there such a thing as a (testicles) home goal.
    Did the scorer say later he bagged it .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Was it !!!!!!!

Look again, I’ve only seen it once, but if it don’t take the deflection, it doesn’t go in
    ...look at it again..it is on target Tony..and HK was onside

I'm not that concerned whether it was an own goal or whether Harry was on or off but I am puzzled about how little discussion on the two events, with the 'new toy' of VAR I thought the director would have shown both incidents several times. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see never-ending replays of incidents but Sky normally delight in shoving them down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In this country - in Italy both of those goals, and Dan james' yesterday, would be classed as own goals.
    Is this true??

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Is this true??
    It always used to be the case, unless they've changed it in the last 10 years or so