+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I Getting A Decent Broadband/Phone Deal?

Am I Getting A Decent Broadband/Phone Deal?

I'm with Talk Talk and have been for yonks, I actually find them OK. But following my latest deal, it has now gone up to £42 pm. I get:

Unlimited Fibre BB
    Free Anytime calls to all UK numbers (not 0845)
    Free anytime calls to UK mobiles

Is this an OK deal, or should I be looking around?

Re: Am I Getting A Decent Broadband/Phone Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I'm with Talk Talk and have been for yonks, I actually find them OK. But following my latest deal, it has now gone up to £42 pm. I get:

Unlimited Fibre BB

Just inboxed you Peajay 😉👍

Unlimited Fibre BB

I am with talktalk , have been for a while now. Unlimited fibre @ 22.50 a month 38mbs , I Never take the unlimited calls with it, you can usually get that as an add on for 7.50 a month, so It sounds steep as fibre 63 mbs is being advertised at the moment for £26 a month.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Just inboxed you Peajay ����

Are you going to share?

Plusnet max fibre unlimited downloads anytime landline and mobile calls plus 0845 and 0345

Can't beat BT unfortunately .
    I've got some super duper upgrade which has been costing me £62 a month for the last two months but I haven't got round to connecting it up yet.

I was paying almost 90 month for my Bb, phone and telly. Called up to cancel and now it's 35. The person I spoke to even said you should treat it like car insurance and shop around every 12 months.

So if you haven't renewed for a year or so, yes you are overpaying. And don't forget topcashback if you do switch- a typical bb, phone and TV renewal will pay about £150

I was paying around £55 for broadband bt TV and free weekend calls. They dropped it to £37 when I said Was leaving. But then I contracted to talk talk for £30.They phoned me up and offered me the same package plus the newest box for £22. I said I had already contracted elsewhere and they said no problem we'll put you through to them right now to cancel, which I did! Happy days. It shows you only get the best deals if you cancel and then hang up and go elseware, They Will come back with a better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I was paying almost 90 month for my Bb, phone and telly. Called up to cancel and now it's 35. The person I spoke to even said you should treat it like car insurance and shop around every 12 months.

So if you haven't renewed for a year or so, yes you are overpaying. And don't forget topcashback if you do switch- a typical bb, phone and TV renewal will pay about £150
    That's a great deal you got there for yourself! However, it just goes to show, they are still making a profit on giving you this package at 35GBP. It questions how much they originally overcharge customers in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I've got some super duper upgrade which has been costing me £62 a month for the last two months but I haven't got round to connecting it up yet.
    ****ed off BT as the TV was shite, and didn’t fancy 52 meg for 33 quid a month.

Signal wasn’t the best either upstairs in a normal sized valleys terraced house.

Waiting on a new supplier now for 63meg for £28 a month which is slightly cheaper and slightly faster

Take any longer though and I’ll be messaging the fella on this thread I forgot all about 😂

I cant say this strongly enough and some of you should take heed
    you gain nothing as a faithful customer,in fact you are more likely to pay more and get ripped off by the company....shop around play the companies off each other.
    I live in sweden have basic package broadband fiber 150 mbps no TV or mobile 15 quid

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    All providers except Virgin use the Openreach network. BT is over priced as there are better options.

BT, unlimited superfast fibre broadband (78mbps), free evening & weekend calls, BT Sport, BT entertainment plus, Youview box, mobile sim (unlimited calls & texts 4gb data) £44.
    You have to threaten to leave BT then they offer you good deals to keep you.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Are you going to share?
    He's an only child.
    Never learnt to share.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    BT, unlimited superfast fibre broadband (78mbps), free evening & weekend calls, BT Sport, BT entertainment plus, Youview box, mobile sim (unlimited calls & texts 4gb data) £44.
    I asked to leave and told them they were overpriced.

Was no fight to keep me and I am yet to receive as much as an email bugging me to stay.

Happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    He's an only child.
    Never learnt to share.
    Ha ha no I’m not like that, I can send you both a pm explaining what I do. My company would tell me off if I posted directly all over social media 👍👍

Ha ha no I’m not like that, I can send you both a pm explaining what I do. My company would tell me off if I posted directly all over social media 👍👍
    Chuck me one as well please, forgot you were on this MB. If this other company takes any longer I’ll make a move, need it ASAP tbh, but prices speed etc in a PM would be great, thanks.

All providers except Virgin use the Openreach network. BT is over priced as there are better options.
    I get free BT sport with my BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    That's a great deal you got there for yourself! However, it just goes to show, they are still making a profit on giving you this package at 35GBP. It questions how much they originally overcharge customers in the first place.
    I know what you mean. The person at Virgin who I spoke to said I must be delighted, but I said it was more a sense of frustration really that they had been charging me far more than they really needed to and I'd overpaid thousands over the years. Lesson learned - it gets renewed at the end of July every year now!

Unlimited Fibre BB

Contacted them through their chat facility, agreed an 18 month contract, £33.50pm, 68mb BB, unlimited calls. Happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I get free BT sport with my BT.
    EE mobile customers do as well I believe, and virgin too.

Contacted them through their chat facility, agreed an 18 month contract, £33.50pm, 68mb BB, unlimited calls. Happy with that.
    Did you upgrade on the Fibre Peajay ? Are you getting a new router?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    That seems excellent. Have you tested the download speed and is it as it should be?
    I ask because I am supposed to have the same dl speed but rarely get above about 35

Yes I’ve got the fastest fibre as an upgrade, they have said my current router is fine, even though I queried it, I was pacified at that, although they did ask me to contact them if I don’t notice an improvement in my speed,

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Did you upgrade on the Fibre Peajay ? Are you getting a new router?
    Did this on my phone, so the text above is in reply to your query 👍