+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I Getting A Decent Broadband/Phone Deal?

Re: Am I Getting A Decent Broadband/Phone Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Yes I’ve got the fastest fibre as an upgrade, they have said my current router is fine, even though I queried it, I was pacified at that, although they did ask me to contact them if I don’t notice an improvement in my speed,
    This is what has held me back from upgrading to be honest, no free upgrade with the router and maybe speed issues, although for the price it`s not a big gamble is it. I think they want £30 for a new router?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    This is what has held me back from upgrading to be honest, no free upgrade with the router and maybe speed issues, although for the price it`s not a big gamble is it. I think they want £30 for a new router?
    Not too bothered about a new router, as the price is good even for standard fibre, although if i dont see an improvement i will be contacting them.

Im paying about £75 pm for 250mb broadband, phone + most TV channels (inc sports but not movies).

I'll look to ditch sports and get a discount soon as I find nowtv much better cost wise and also for the ability to use chromecast for the sports I'm interested in (I usually go to the pub for the games I'm really interested in anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That seems excellent. Have you tested the download speed and is it as it should be?
    I ask because I am supposed to have the same dl speed but rarely get above about 35
    Yes the download speed is excellent & as claimed.
    I have threatened to leave 3 or 4 times on the trot now when they try to put my price up at the end of the existing contract.
    They always say the deal they are offering me is the best available.
    I say I am going elsewhere & then when they receive a migration request from my proposed new supplier I get a call from BT retentions dept offering me a far better deal.
    At the end of the day they don"t want to lose you but bank on most people just renewing.

Any chance of moving this to the retail advice forum?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Yes the download speed is excellent & as claimed.
    I have threatened to leave 3 or 4 times on the trot now when they try to put my price up at the end of the existing contract.
    They always say the deal they are offering me is the best available.
    I say I am going elsewhere & then when they receive a migration request from my proposed new supplier I get a call from BT retentions dept offering me a far better deal.
    At the end of the day they don"t want to lose you but bank on most people just renewing.

I feel a phone call coming on

You do need to start a move though.
    I found that just threatening to leave got no response other than "we are already offering you the best deal available".
    It"s when you contact another provider to change to, in my case Plusnet who are owned by BT anyway, & that new provider contacts BT to start the transfer that you get offered a better deal.