+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: That bonkers Scandinavian child GT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: That bonkers Scandinavian child GT

Certain sections of society deny global warming or delay action being taken on the issue - global warming progresses and makes natural weather more extreme - countries in Africa or South America (for example) will eventually become too inhospitable, whether that is just in short run or indeed long term - there will be desperation and fighting for control over limited resources - there will be a greater number of refugees - there will be a crossover between the certain sections of society who denied global warming who don't want to support refugees. And repeat.

It's hyperbole, hopefully, but we know there is money to spend now because Boris Johnson is wasting millions on populist policies and the Chinese government is spending resources eradicating protests groups so why can't the money be spent on projects that effectively respond to global warming issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    You fecking idiot! It cost a lot! it didn't cost nothing for the marionette getting it attention... There are loads of idiots denying global warming. Each to their own, and their grandchildren will die. And parts of India and china are soon out of water. Where do you think they will come? Brexit idiots.. As of June 29, the world had used up its quota on sustainable energy. With pretty much shows how much leaches we are...

Im sure "Alwaysaway" is som sort of brain reference.. But fella! This is about marketing research and a global problem!
    The sponsors of this perfectly safe trip have a lot of money in research to make clean energy transport.. Harboring electrics are the biggest research at the moment, and battery science is making progress like CPU was 15 years ago..
    fekk me there are a lot of idiots out there...
    You come across as a right prick. I’d wager you earn no more than minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You come across as a right prick. I’d wager you earn no more than minimum wage.
    Want to make a bet? Not that im a prick. That I am. Just bought myself a Turkish fender jazz bass to hang in my hall. Name your wager on me not being who I say I am, and I’m on 👌how much? 1000? 100? Or maybe a 5’er, so you can afford it?

Want to make a bet? Not that im a prick. That I am. Just bought myself a Turkish fender jazz bass to hang in my hall. Name your wager on me not being who I say I am, and I’m on ��how much? 1000? 100? Or maybe a 5’er, so you can afford it?
    A Turkish Fender Jazz? I can't say I've ever heard of such a thing. And why is it hanging in the hall? Why didn't you buy an American one and play it?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I see someone has had a few drinks
    Drinks have nothing to do with it! This thread is a perfect example of stupidity..

Drinks have nothing to do with it! This thread is a perfect example of stupidity..
    You're boasting about how much you earn and owning a jazz bass on a Cardiff City messageboard at 11:30 on a Tuesday night, those aren't the actions of a sober man

Why do I get the feeling that those criticising this girl are probably the same ones that don’t recycle and use their cars to drive 400 yards down the road to do the shopping in Asda.

She is way more eloquent in her second language than most people are in their first.

She should move to the states and attempt to become president. She is without any shadow of a doubt more suitable than the current pustule they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that those criticising this girl are probably the same ones that don’t recycle and use their cars to drive 400 yards down the road to do the shopping in Asda.

She is way more eloquent in her second language than most people are in their first.

She should move to the states and attempt to become president. She is without any shadow of a doubt more suitable than the current pustule they have.

I've no idea but your 100% off the mark. The environmental and CC zealots and their supporters claim the moral high ground as if everyone else is dumping toxic waste in their back garden every night. Personally I care 100% for the environment as do most like me, but we don't lecture everyone else on how good we are, flying around the world then paying people to plant trees for us. Tell that little snivelling brat to to China and by bike, too..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I've no idea but your 100% off the mark. The environmental and CC zealots and their supporters claim the moral high ground as if everyone else is dumping toxic waste in their back garden every night. Personally I care 100% for the environment as do most like me, but we don't lecture everyone else on how good we are, flying around the world then paying people to plant trees for us. Tell that little snivelling brat to to China and by bike, too..
    Why are you so angry with her? She's not lecturing, she's trying to bring to attention that action needs to be taken now. I know it's embarrassing that it's had to be a 16 year old girl that's taken the lead on this huge matter, I'm embarrassed too, but I respect her for it.

It's clearly triggered a lot of insecurities in you though, I mean calling a 16 year old who's stood up and made a speech in front of the United Nations a "little snivelling brat"? She's stronger and has got more courage and conviction than you and I put together and I'm not threatened by that, you (and plenty of others) scream of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Why are you so angry with her? She's not lecturing, she's trying to bring to attention that action needs to be taken now. I know it's embarrassing that it's had to be a 16 year old girl that's taken the lead on this huge matter, I'm embarrassed too, but I respect her for it.

It's clearly triggered a lot of insecurities in you though, I mean calling a 16 year old who's stood up and made a speech in front of the United Nations a "little snivelling brat"? She's stronger and has got more courage and conviction than you and I put together and I'm not threatened by that, you (and plenty of others) scream of it though.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?
    great episode

Why are you so angry about it?

Is absolutely correct.

You don't have to live like a monk on a mountain to have a view on climate change and want things to get better.

There's absolutely nothing she could do differently to not be called a snivelling brat by our "100%" committed friend above, or other insults. That's what you get for putting your head above the parapet. Good on her, hopefully she gets a lot more support than criticism as time goes on.

Any chance of moving this to the politics forum?

So it’s an age thing ? Or a pride thing ?

To put those things above an opportunity to SAVE YOUR ENTIRE EXISTENCE seems a teeny tiny touch pig-headed....if you catch my drift.

By the way, you SHOULD be lecturing other people because the shitty habits they have are affecting YOUR wellbeing and the well-being of the animals and plants (and other stuff) that you care about 100%.

Oh and BTW, I’m not 100% off the mark. Maybe 7%.

My generation have made a mess of things in so many ways, I'm thankful that some youngsters appear to have more sense than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My generation have made a mess of things in so many ways, I'm thankful that some youngsters appear to have more sense than we do.
    I can understand why people in fossil fuels, or even politicians or journalists who are lobbied by or in the pay of fossil fuel giants, are attacking her.

But normal people? The type who usually call the young generation lazy and self obsessed? That I do not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Your/My generation hasn't made a total mess. The Science that drives much of these campaigns was at best in its early stages or non existent back when we were churning shite into the atmosphere with glorious abandon. Yes for sure we should have paid heed to warnings far more quickly than we did but its not a single generation issue. And as this thread shows there are still many out there that are willing to throw abuse around to those trying to make a difference, but making sure they put nothing on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    Your/My generation hasn't made a total mess. The Science that drives much of these campaigns was at best in its early stages or non existent back when we were churning shite into the atmosphere with glorious abandon. Yes for sure we should have paid heed to warnings far more quickly than we did but its not a single generation issue. And as this thread shows there are still many out there that are willing to throw abuse around to those trying to make a difference, but making sure they put nothing on the line.
    I had other things on my mind besides global warming when I said that.

Want to make a bet? Not that im a prick. That I am. Just bought myself a Turkish fender jazz bass to hang in my hall. Name your wager on me not being who I say I am, and I’m on 👌how much? 1000? 100? Or maybe a 5’er, so you can afford it?
    No class.

I am one that critises this girl and the rebellion .

I rather them be in work than interrupting hard working folks lives just because they can.

I recycle 4 ways and plant trees and flowers .

Intelligent folk don't need the lecture and let's be fair they are more likely be the ones to recycle.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I am one that critises this girl and the rebellion .

I rather them be in work than interrupting hard working folks lives just because they can.

I recycle 4 ways and plant trees and flowers .

Intelligent folk don't need the lecture and let's be fair they are more likely be the ones to recycle.
    I think there's a generation of people who like being lectured to, whether about what to eat, what to say, how to travel and how often, what to wear, what to think, and what to say. The big problem is, they're 'right' and everyone else is 'wrong', and heaven help you if you criticise them. The reaction on here to my comments about her suggests as much..

The resentment of some towards young people with hopeful aspirations and bit of fire in their belly is very odd tbh.

I think there's a generation of people who like being lectured to, whether about what to eat, what to say, how to travel and how often, what to wear, what to think, and what to say. The big problem is, they're 'right' and everyone else is 'wrong', and heaven help you if you criticise them. The reaction on here to my comments about her suggests as much..
    I think there's a breed of person who believes, with no real justification, that they're an expert in everything.