+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: That bonkers Scandinavian child GT

Re: That bonkers Scandinavian child GT

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think there's a generation of people who like being lectured to, whether about what to eat, what to say, how to travel and how often, what to wear, what to think, and what to say. The big problem is, they're 'right' and everyone else is 'wrong', and heaven help you if you criticise them. The reaction on here to my comments about her suggests as much..
    When it comes to climate change they are right and the others are wrong. Why are you taking it do personally ?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    When it comes to climate change they are right and the others are wrong. Why are you taking it do personally ?

Because it's being said by a schoolgirl with autism. The ego can't take it.

I think there's a generation of people who like being lectured to, whether about what to eat, what to say, how to travel and how often, what to wear, what to think, and what to say. The big problem is, they're 'right' and everyone else is 'wrong', and heaven help you if you criticise them. The reaction on here to my comments about her suggests as much..
    Or there's a generation of people who realise that things aren't perfect the way they are and have the balls to try and change things rather than be terrified of anything that risks things not staying the same

There seems to be a generation who like to think they can't be wrong and won't listen to experts in any field and rather think they're the experts in everything.

This board is full of people like that who won't listen to any evidence or opinion if it's contrary to theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I am one that critises this girl and the rebellion .

I rather them be in work than interrupting hard working folks lives just because they can.

I recycle 4 ways and plant trees and flowers .

Intelligent folk don't need the lecture and let's be fair they are more likely be the ones to recycle.
    Putting the recycling out once a fortnight and keeping the garden tidy doesn't offset your carbon footprint, but good on you for trying so hard.

Those getting so worked up about her now are probably from the generation that was preaching peace, love and understanding when they were her age.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My generation have made a mess of things in so many ways, I'm thankful that some youngsters appear to have more sense than we do.

Your/My generation hasn't made a total mess. The Science that drives much of these campaigns was at best in its early stages or non existent back when we were churning shite into the atmosphere with glorious abandon. Yes for sure we should have paid heed to warnings far more quickly than we did but its not a single generation issue. And as this thread shows there are still many out there that are willing to throw abuse around to those trying to make a difference, but making sure they put nothing on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Sometimes i get a brief reminder why i make more money in a few months than the average Welsh citizen do in a year.. Ohhh dear..

That makes you look and sound a proper w@nking sock.

Made me laugh mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    Your/My generation hasn't made a total mess. The Science that drives much of these campaigns was at best in its early stages or non existent back when we were churning shite into the atmosphere with glorious abandon. Yes for sure we should have paid heed to warnings far more quickly than we did but its not a single generation issue. And as this thread shows there are still many out there that are willing to throw abuse around to those trying to make a difference, but making sure they put nothing on the line.
    I had other things on my mind besides global warming when I said that.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Or there's a generation of people who realise that things aren't perfect the way they are and have the balls to try and change things rather than be terrified of anything that risks things not staying the same

I wonder how many of the pro Greta comments are actually making a difference or did they need a 16 privliged girl to kick start their concerns , there are lots of youngsters doing this week in and out in Cardiff recognise that .

An articulate and intelligent young person probably doing more to further publicise the world's environmental problems than most of us (if not all of us) posters on here put together - and of the generation who will feel the effects quite starkly. Strange why it can elicit such anger. It's no wonder that God is hiding his light behind a bushel these days....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    An articulate and intelligent young person probably doing more to further publicise the world's environmental problems than most of us (if not all of us) posters on here put together - and of the generation who will feel the effects quite starkly. Strange why it can elicit such anger. It's no wonder that God is hiding his light behind a bushel these days....
    Well how poor of us all to reach this point where a 16 year old points out the obvious.

Why don't the adults do something ,vote green ,pertion ones MP, make a difference locally .

🤔🤔🤔

Well how poor of us all to reach this point where a 16 year old points out the obvious.

Why don't the adults do something ,vote green ,pertion ones MP, make a difference locally .

������
    Is that you Greta?

樂樂樂
    The reason that a 16-year old can make the points she has is because lots of people (including myself) have spent a lot of time providing the background information that enables us to understand what is going on.

Why one person's voice can suddenly be heard much clearer than others is often down to being in the right place, at the right time, with a unique angle that gets attention. I have no problem with GT becoming the face of the unease that many feel about what is prioritised by politicians and business.

The final point to be made is that nothing changes until life is made uncomfortable for those charged with providing leadership. Politicians are interested only in their careers and will try and ensure they are seen to be supportive of the bulk of the population's concerns. If you think the status quo is fine then you are lucky to live in a country where you can start up your own campaign to do nothing so we can see the points you want to make in support of not changing.

For what it is worth I am uneasy about the vilification of a number of things by extreme groups that are linked to climate change e.g. eating meat, but know that there needs to be a conversation about the compromises that might need to be made regarding the production of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    The reason that a 16-year old can make the points she has is because lots of people (including myself) have spent a lot of time providing the background information that enables us to understand what is going on.

Why one person's voice can suddenly be heard much clearer than others is often down to being in the right place, at the right time, with a unique angle that gets attention. I have no problem with GT becoming the face of the unease that many feel about what is prioritised by politicians and business.

The final point to be made is that nothing changes until life is made uncomfortable for those charged with providing leadership. Politicians are interested only in their careers and will try and ensure they are seen to be supportive of the bulk of the population's concerns. If you think the status quo is fine then you are lucky to live in a country where you can start up your own campaign to do nothing so we can see the points you want to make in support of not changing.

For what it is worth I am uneasy about the vilification of a number of things by extreme groups that are linked to climate change e.g. eating meat, but know that there needs to be a conversation about the compromises that might need to be made regarding the production of meat.
    ( production of meat.)

Worth giving Morrisey a ring , he has some views on Meat ,pehaps a Greta and Morrisey tour is what the world needs.

Or we could all just cut back on our excessive consumption of material goods and services.

Or is it just hip to 'listen with Greta ' we all have a choice and a voice .

Surprised that Mogwyn Moggis hasn't already shunted this thread to the Russian Front that's formally known as CCMB II - The Alternative Forum.

To ensure he does I'll address his shiny bald dome which is a subject he's extremely touchy about.

Information suggests his decades long quest to acquire the perfect wig has yet again met with crushing disappointment. His recent purchase of a deluxe, non-slip version of one advertised as a John Lennon-style circa 1966 mop top from a Lithuanian-based eBay seller meant he wasted another £3.99 as, I understand, he slung it in a bin within a minute of opening the parcel. The word is a hedgehog ironed by a tractor's tyre perched on his bonce would look more convincing than what he received.

How many in this thread applauding this young girls effort would be willing to vote green in the next GE?

The young girl spoke very well to the press today before being motored out by petrol engine powered tender to her multi million pound yacht.
    Then the 87 press correspondents packed up and transported themselves back home in their individually polluting vehicles. Total success not.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    The young girl spoke very well to the press today before being motored out by petrol engine powered tender to her multi million pound yacht.
    Then the 87 press correspondents packed up and transported themselves back home in their individually polluting vehicles. Total success not.
    Its about raising awareness, the amount of travel done by those you’ve mentioned is less than 0.001% of the carbon emissions for the day. The awareness it’s raised is invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How many in this thread applauding this young girls effort would be willing to vote green in the next GE?
    Why do people who are concerned about climate change have to vote for the greens?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    That's the absolute bottom of the barrel you're at there. What do you expect her to do? Swim the oceans?

She doesn't like air pollution but she's breathing air!

https://twitter.com/Arron_banks/stat...47086616010752

When even Julia Hartley-Brewer thinks you have gone too far you know you must be a right twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    https://twitter.com/Arron_banks/stat...47086616010752

When even Julia Hartley-Brewer thinks you have gone too far you know you must be a right twat.
    They’re both awful human beings in fairness. He edges it though, the day he gets his comeuppance will be a sweet one.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I voted Green in the European elections and would have no problem in doing so again in a General Election.