+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where can tickets for a Serie A game most easily be purchased?

Where can tickets for a Serie A game most easily be purchased?

After recent forays into Spain, Germany and The Netherlands to watch top-flight football in those countries I want to attend a Serie A game this season - and without having to take a flight on the off-chance of a ticket at a booth somewhere a day or two before a game (which seems to be one of the options).

Has anyone found an alternative that works weeks or months in advance so that cheap flights can be booked with the knowledge that they won't be wasted?

And a club within spitting distance of a Ryanair or Easyjet route from Bristol/Exeter would do e.g. Naples, Turin, Rome, Milan, Bergamo etc.

Re: Where can tickets for a Serie A game most easily be purchased?

Just go there mate, there'll be plenty spare in the trattorias beforehand

I went to see fiorentina play a few years ago and it wasn't as easy as you might think. I had to go to their office in town with my passport to get a ticket, their very strict on sales because of the hooligan problem. I think it's like here where it's illegal to resell tickets.

That said you may be able to get one off a tout but I don't know what the risks are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I went to see fiorentina play a few years ago and it wasn't as easy as you might think. I had to go to their office in town with my passport to get a ticket, their very strict on sales because of the hooligan problem. I think it's like here where it's illegal to resell tickets.

That said you may be able to get one off a tout but I don't know what the risks are.
    Thanks but my post was an acknowledgement of the problems concerned and my question was about finding out if anyone knows of an alternative to jumping through hoops and depending on illegal sources..............

Hi TBG

no idea on Italy sorry but I'm interested in your Spanish experience

I was thinking of booking a flight to Madrid as there are 3 teams there so should be pretty easy to get to a match....just wondering what you did for the Spanish match, where etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post
    Hi TBG

no idea on Italy sorry but I'm interested in your Spanish experience

I was thinking of booking a flight to Madrid as there are 3 teams there so should be pretty easy to get to a match....just wondering what you did for the Spanish match, where etc etc
    Hi Nicerino
    The procedure was easy as pie. I just went on the Barcelona website and purchased tickets without further ado. Very disappointingly, the atmosphere at the game, a league game, was flat as a pancake and if felt that a huge proportion of the crowd were neutrals or not real football fans as polite clapping seemed to greet the goals rather than a roar from the crowd. The 'ultras', many of whom weren't watching the game or whose vision was blocked by waving flags, appeared to cheer on behalf of the crowd. In addition, the away fans, tiny in number, were secreted in a plexi-glass pen in the gods and almost out of sight. I was obviously disappointed with the experience.

On the other hand, I have attended a number of German games in the last year (in both divisions of the Bundesliga) and I consider the experience to be far more authentic. Less hyped than the Premier League, far better atmospheres than at the Nou Camp, tickets cheap as chips (and the public transport to the ground and back is included in the price), a good turnout of away fans and non-exploitative prices all round.

You should be able to buy directly from most club’s websites. I’ve been to Milan, Genoa and Turin by buying a few weeks before the game. Also, although you don’t want to risk it, many games don’t sell out and have bought tickets at the ground on match day for quite a few Serie A games

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    You should be able to buy directly from most club’s websites. I’ve been to Milan, Genoa and Turin by buying a few weeks before the game. Also, although you don’t want to risk it, many games don’t sell out and have bought tickets at the ground on match day for quite a few Serie A games
    Cheers. Having poked around on various clubs' websites it seems that it's not possible to purchase tickets months in advance, which would keep the flight costs down. I may purchase cheap flights for a destination where the home club rarely sells out - and try to obtain match tickets subsequently.

Hi TBG, I went to the Milan Derby (it was a AC Milan game), and I became a member of AC Milan's Cuore Rossonero. This allowed me to be pretty much guaranteed tickets provided I was early enough on the uptake. Italian games change with fairly short notice though, and you can't buy them that far in advance. If you're going to watch one of the Milan clubs, I think it is fairly easy and you should be able to get tickets. When I went last year, I had to bring my driving license to the game, so that it got matched up against my ticket my the police at the turnstile.

Italy I would've thought - awfully sorry, but I couldn't resist it.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/seri...saison_id/2018

Been to a couple of Italian games including a Serie B end-season promotion match between Hellas Verona and Napoli where I was able to get tickets on the day. Number of years ago. Don't know if it is helpful but the attached gives an indication of the average attendance to capacity last year. Juve looks challenging and Rambo is sure to put more on the gate!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/seri...saison_id/2018

Been to a couple of Italian games including a Serie B end-season promotion match between Hellas Verona and Napoli where I was able to get tickets on the day. Number of years ago. Don't know if it is helpful but the attached gives an indication of the average attendance to capacity last year. Juve looks challenging and Rambo is sure to put more on the gate!
    Thanks, I did the same sort of thing albeit from two different sources (so you trumped me there!). Apart from Juventus (which was my preferred choice) it seems that most clubs in Italy will have tickets to spare when games are not derbies or against the biggest clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Hi Nicerino
    The procedure was easy as pie. I just went on the Barcelona website and purchased tickets without further ado. Very disappointingly, the atmosphere at the game, a league game, was flat as a pancake and if felt that a huge proportion of the crowd were neutrals or not real football fans as polite clapping seemed to greet the goals rather than a roar from the crowd. The 'ultras', many of whom weren't watching the game or whose vision was blocked by waving flags, appeared to cheer on behalf of the crowd. In addition, the away fans, tiny in number, were secreted in a plexi-glass pen in the gods and almost out of sight. I was obviously disappointed with the experience.
    This is the usual Barca experience with the exception of the RM game. It isn't really case of too many neutrals, it's the locals treating the game more like the theatre than a football match. Too accustomed to winning!

Hi tbg. Haven’t you raised the issue here. More tourist fans = less atmosphere. Discuss..

Also if you are making a weekend of it and are heading to one of the northern clubs, then you should be able to catch a Serie B game as these mostly take place on Saturday’s, the day before the majority of the Serie A games.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    Hi tbg. Haven’t you raised the issue here. More tourist fans = less atmosphere. Discuss..
    I stated that "if felt that a huge proportion of the crowd were neutrals" not that they necessarily were. Blue Dwr's post above is interesting on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Hi TBG, I went to the Milan Derby (it was a AC Milan game), and I became a member of AC Milan's Cuore Rossonero. This allowed me to be pretty much guaranteed tickets provided I was early enough on the uptake. Italian games change with fairly short notice though, and you can't buy them that far in advance. If you're going to watch one of the Milan clubs, I think it is fairly easy and you should be able to get tickets. When I went last year, I had to bring my driving license to the game, so that it got matched up against my ticket my the police at the turnstile.
    Cheers, Pedro. Ideally, I didn't want to go to the San Siro as I have been there before to see Italy v Wales. However, I'm thinking about hedging my bets and flying into Bergamo/Milan airport when Atalanta (based in Bergamo) are at home so that if tickets aren't available for their game one at the San Siro will be available. With any luck, Sky TV will make is possible to make both games by rescheduling one of them for broadcast.

By the way, I have a ticket for me and my lady for Valencia v Getafe next month but don't tell her as she doesn't know where we are flying off to for a 5 day break............

Went to the Rome Derby a few years ago. Bought a ticket a few days before from an official outlet in the city centre without any problem. Passport required when buying and then again when entering the stadium.

Also went to a Serie B game in Latina just outside of Rome. Passport again required but ticket bought on the day. Wouldn't quite recomend going there though. Mad fans monkey chanting their own players and singng Mussolini songs.