+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Conveyancing - Recommendation needed

Conveyancing - Recommendation needed

HI All, need recommendations for good conveyancing firm in Cardiff.
    Any suggestions?

Re: Conveyancing - Recommendation needed

Howard M. James & Co.
    5 St. Andrews Crescent
    CF10 3HJ

Used him when buying and selling a Post Office. He's very thorough and will protect your interests. Probably semi-retired now but I also found his son very good.

Good luck

I have bought and sold 3 properties in Cardiff using different solicitors/conveyancers. Conveyancing by solicitors is often given to the lowest junior clerk and the standard of service reflects the fact the people concerned didn't have a clue. On one of the properties, for future CGT purposes, I even asked in writing and verbally that the sole owner should be my wife and when the documentation arrived found that the property was titled in joint ownership as well as discovering parts of the conveyancing document not making any sense. The solicitor had to remedy the situation retrospectively but it shouldn't have happened especially as most people don't bother to read the legal documentation. In contrast I used an online firm - Abode Conveyancing.

http://www.abodeconveyancing.co.uk/

Every time they did anything I received a text followed up by e mail and they were easy to talk to and very very quick. The cost was roughly 2 thirds of that using a solicitor and the service was 100% better.

Of course I may have been lucky as not all solicitors are the same but I can only speak as I find. You are right in seeking recommendations especially if you don't want to use an online solicitor.

My only advice is to keep on their backs, they handle loads of transactions at the same time and they can and will go weeks without touching your file if you let them. I used to be a nightmare customer because after watching a sale almost fall through because our solicitor was so slow, I would call up every day or so to force them to prioritise my deal if only to get me off their backs. We now use someone my wife used to work with because she's a total bulldog and hounds all the other parties to do their stuff. The other parties don't always appreciate it but I certainly did and it's the only time I've gone from offer to completion in a matter of weeks not months.

These were great for me, and very reasonably priced...

https://www.hekjones.com/

Apologies for diverting the thread a bit, but it is related. I want to extend the lease on our Cardiff flat. Any recommendations for this sort of work. We used a Cardiff-based solicitors to buy it and they were awful so I won't be going back to them.

I used this bloke three times in the last couple of years while I was looking for a new house. His reports were done very quickly (in fact, almost too quickly on one occasion) and I had no reason to complain at all about the job he did each time.

https://www.reallymoving.com/surveyo...ouse-surveyors