+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emiliano Sala investigation update

Re: Emiliano Sala investigation update

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    He certainly did not. To be fair, did anyone actually?
    Well, no, that's why i said at the time that people should pipe down a bit as they haven't got a ****ing clue what happened. In the nicest possible way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Did you think that i was referring to you?
    It doesn't matter who you are referring to, I am just pointing out that the presence of carbon monoxide is an extra layer of mystery, that doesn't necessarily explain the previous request for descent to a lower altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They were right next the island of Guernsey.
    Makes you wonder why they didn't ask for an emergency landing-maybe something happened to them very quickly and neither of them could react, although i shouldn't speculate.

It doesn't matter who you are referring to, I am just pointing out that the presence of carbon monoxide is an extra layer of mystery, that doesn't necessarily explain the previous request for descent to a lower altitude.
    Who knows?

Well, no, that's why i said at the time that people should pipe down a bit as they haven't got a ****ing clue what happened. In the nicest possible way though.
    We know the weather was bad, the pilot requested a descent, and the plane disappeared off the radar without making a mayday call.

We know the weather was bad, the pilot requested a descent, and the plane disappeared off the radar without making a mayday call.
    Yup, but not the other bit, which i quite important in the scheme of things.

Taggart was ace, especially the early episodes. I can't see foul play being the cause, obviously i can't be 100% but i reckon it's more to do with the piece of shit plane that Sala and the pilot ended up in.
    You are probably right, but that begs the question why something like this is so rare ?

Makes you wonder why they didn't ask for an emergency landing-maybe something happened to them very quickly and neither of them could react, although i shouldn't speculate.
    That is what I am saying, they were continuing towards the UK at a lower altitude, so it could have been an accumulation of events that led to the tradegy.

Yup, but not the other bit, which i quite important in the scheme of things.
    It was mentioned that the accident investigators were in contact with the aircraft manufacturers about the exhaust system, and it is possible that the icing conditions at 5,000ft may have played a part, as events unfolded in a fairly short timeframe without any request for an emergency landing.

So what the hell happened to Ibbotson? If he had suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, he would hardly have been in a position to have jumped ship, so to speak. Was his body washed out of the aircraft by the tide? If Sala was at the rear of the plane, would he have been in a worse position for inhaling CO? Had he passed out before the aircraft went into freefall? Did Ibbotson shit himself realising his passenger was in dire trouble and bailed out? The whole carbon monoxide revelation makes Ibbotson's disappearance more odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So what the hell happened to Ibbotson? If he had suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, he would hardly have been in a position to have jumped ship, so to speak. Was his body washed out of the aircraft by the tide? If Sala was at the rear of the plane, would he have been in a worse position for inhaling CO? Had he passed out before the aircraft went into freefall? Did Ibbotson shit himself realising his passenger was in dire trouble and bailed out? The whole carbon monoxide revelation makes Ibbotson's disappearance more odd.
    I think it all boils down to when and how the exhaust system stopped functioning properly. It seems that the pilot was unaware of any carbon monoxide problem, since there was no emergency request to land. Could the prior icing conditions have caused the damage? They may need to have access to the wreckage to find out what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Or was purposely made ‘not fit for purpose ‘

I’ve never ruled out foul play - especially when you look at the backgrounds of some of the characters involved in the deal.

Easy to think for example that McKay might have upset someone even more vile than he is, given his debt situation and how it’s alledged the debts were incurred.

£1.5m riding on this deal for him.

Hopefully not true, but also not beyond the realms of possibility
    I'm not sure how helpful this sort of speculation is.

Just found this..

Emiliano Sala's doomed plane was so riddled with faults that engineer refused to repair it saying it 'was not fit to be flown'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...repair-it.html

Just found this..

Emiliano Sala's doomed plane was so riddled with faults that engineer refused to repair it saying it 'was not fit to be flown'

So a Faye Kelly owns the plane and willie boy hired it on the cheap to get his cut? Not giving a monkeys about the state of it or who flew it, he only cared about the dollar apparently, as he said in his lovely email to Sala.

So what the hell happened to Ibbotson? The whole carbon monoxide revelation makes Ibbotson's disappearance more odd.
    Does it? We haven't seen the damage to the aircraft, isn't it more than likely that the sea took him away?

Just found this..

Not fit to be flown but did go elsewhere for repairs. The original engineer noted that the de-icing equipment wasn't functional. Whether subsequent repairs permanently fixed this issue will/should be investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Not fit to be flown but did go elsewhere for repairs. The original engineer noted that the de-icing equipment wasn't functional. Whether subsequent repairs permanently fixed this issue will/should be investigated.
    In all probability all the issues were fixed as the plane passed its annual inspection in November/December. Of course there is fixing and fixing via a botch. However without raising the aircraft no one will ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    As usual the jacks have got it all sussed....

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...lane-crash/#23

Incredible you can get so many stupid people together on one thread....
    If a Jack ordered a new caravan for £13k, and the seller arranged it to be transported on a dodgy truck with a half blink truck driver who wasn’t insured- and when it was then involved in a crash and written off - would they still pay for the caravan.

Christ you’re lucky to get 1p in the £1 from them on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    If a Jack ordered a new caravan for £13k, and the seller arranged it to be transported on a dodgy truck with a half blink truck driver who wasn’t insured- and when it was then involved in a crash and written off - would they still pay for the caravan.

Christ you’re lucky to get 1p in the £1 from them on a good day.
    There's a lot of bollocks spoken in that thread but they're absolutely right in saying the club should give something to the family. Even if we're holding back on paying the transfer (which to be honest I wish we weren't doing) then a gesture to show that we'll look after his family would go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    In all probability all the issues were fixed as the plane passed its annual inspection in November/December. Of course there is fixing and fixing via a botch. However without raising the aircraft no one will ever know.
    AAIB state they have enough footage to make it unnecessary to raise the aircraft. With the new CO details I presume they will review the footage and take it from there. They may be able to match up what repairs were made with records of those repairs. From reading the Mail article it sounds like the bill (£10,000) for repairs undertaken was less than that originally estimated. Parts for a 1984 aircraft might be hard to come by so something that "would do the job" may have been the case. I fear a bit of cost cutting may come into play, too. "Enough to get it through its MoT" thinking. This really is a sad combination of events.

The aircraft hit the water at several hundred mph. At that speed hitting the water would have the same effect as hitting a layer of concrete, with excessive deceleration. Put it this way...a body is not what was out there. Even less after 8 months at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Not all light aircraft have de-icing systems fitted, which may suggest that they are optional. One of the ways to defeat icing conditions is to climb to a higher altitude of around 25,000ft into commercial airspace, but the pilot didn't have the correct rating to take that course of action, hence he requested a decent to a lower altitude. However, the cause and timing of the carbon monoxide exposure is still unknown (to us), so all possible avoidance strategies may have been futile. It sounds like a case of whatever could go wrong, did go wrong on this flight.

The levels of CO in his body would indicate that he had been breathing the gas for a while, that's not a quick snort of gas. He was still alive though when he hit the water as IIRC the cause of death was given as multiple injuries consistent with a crash. I think it's safe to assume that the pilot was exposed to the same levels - unless he had access to an alternative source of air, and went down with the plane. It's a tragedy all round and sounds like it was a series of errors/negligence compounded by the next one.

I think He asked if they could decrease the altitude because of clouds not a descent.

You can't smell or taste carbon monoxide . You simply feel tired and go to sleep .
    This re opens the possibility of foul play of course, since the inflow of carbon monoxide could have been engineered.