+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emiliano Sala investigation update

Re: Emiliano Sala investigation update

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not all light aircraft have de-icing systems fitted, which may suggest that they are optional. One of the ways to defeat icing conditions is to climb to a higher altitude of around 25,000ft into commercial airspace, but the pilot didn't have the correct rating to take that course of action, hence he requested a decent to a lower altitude. However, the cause and timing of the carbon monoxide exposure is still unknown (to us), so all possible avoidance strategies may have been futile. It sounds like a case of whatever could go wrong, did go wrong on this flight.
    This aircraft did have de-icing equipment fitted according to the engineer who said it wasn't fit to fly (other than short distance for repairs). At that time the de-icing wasn't functioning. The aircraft then went to a second engineer who carried out repairs. Let's hope he did a good job to repair the malfunction. If not, the aircraft may have got through its annual inspection only to fly without de-icer functioning correctly. From memory, it has been reported that the aircraft log book went down with the plane. What happened regarding repairs and subsequent flights would certainly be of interest to AAIB.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    You can't smell or taste carbon monoxide . You simply feel tired and go to sleep .
    This re opens the possibility of foul play of course, since the inflow of carbon monoxide could have been engineered.
    Who on earth would want to kill them?

You can't smell or taste carbon monoxide . You simply feel tired and go to sleep .
    This re opens the possibility of foul play of course, since the inflow of carbon monoxide could have been engineered.
    Foul play? What a bizarre thing to say. Bit tasteless too tbh

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    This aircraft did have de-icing equipment fitted according to the engineer who said it wasn't fit to fly (other than short distance for repairs). At that time the de-icing wasn't functioning. The aircraft then went to a second engineer who carried out repairs. Let's hope he did a good job to repair the malfunction. If not, the aircraft may have got through its annual inspection only to fly without de-icer functioning correctly. From memory, it has been reported that the aircraft log book went down with the plane. What happened regarding repairs and subsequent flights would certainly be of interest to AAIB.
    The point I was making is perhaps the de-icing system isn't part of the annual inspection, as it is an optional extra and not a requirement for light aircraft. Although you do need it if you want to fly IFR in icing conditions, it should be noted that the pilot requested a decent into warmer air when he met with such conditions.

Club Statement: 15/08/19

"Cardiff City Football Club agrees with calls to salvage the wreckage of the aircraft which crashed whilst transporting Emiliano Sala.

"The AAIB’s report raises significant questions and more detailed analysis must be done to establish what caused the accident and resulted in the loss of two lives.

"No blame should be attributed to anyone, until the final report is published."

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Foul play? What a bizarre thing to say. Bit tasteless too tbh

Perhaps you don't know that these things have to be considered when investigating a sudden death. It can't any longer be ruled out in light of this new information and whether or not you find it upsetting I can assure you that the police will be considering it, as in fact they did at an early stage.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Who on earth would want to kill them?

Well I don't know . You'll recall that Emilanos girlfriend was convinced that he'd been killed by the French Mafia. I do also happen to know that the French police were deeply suspicious at first due to the serious criminal associations of one of the figures involved in the transfer. I'm not going to name him here, but it was on that side of the channel and he's not a British national .
    I was told by a French detective that they let it go because they couldn't see how it could have been done, but perhaps this changes things on that front.

I'm not saying that anything like that happened of course, merely that it throws a bit of a spanner into the works as far as ruling out foul play is concerned .

Perhaps you don't know that these things have to be considered when investigating a sudden death. It can't any longer be ruled out in light of this new information and whether or not you find it upsetting I can assure you that the police will be considering it, as in fact they did at an early stage.
    Nothing can be ruled out at the stage, especially after the latest surprising twist, but if we apply Occam's razor, I don't think we will be far off what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The aircraft hit the water at several hundred mph. At that speed hitting the water would have the same effect as hitting a layer of concrete, with excessive deceleration. Put it this way...a body is not what was out there. Even less after 8 months at sea.
    I unfortunately saw the leaked photo of Sala, there wasn’t much left of the poor young mans body so the likelihood is that the pilots body was in a similar condition or even worse. Just awful.

Well I don't know . You'll recall that Emilanos girlfriend was convinced that he'd been killed by the French Mafia. I do also happen to know that the French police were deeply suspicious at first due to the serious criminal associations of one of the figures involved in the transfer. I'm not going to name him here, but it was on that side of the channel and he's not a British national .
    I was told by a French detective that they let it go because they couldn't see how it could have been done, but perhaps this changes things on that front.

I'm not saying that anything like that happened of course, merely that it throws a bit of a spanner into the works as far as ruling out foul play is concerned .
    Were you discussing the case with a French detective involved in the Sala investigation - or some other French detective with no direct connection, but a detailed understanding of the police decision-making processes?

Told by a 'French Detective' oh come on....

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Were you discussing the case with a French detective involved in the Sala investigation - or some other French detective with no direct connection, but a detailed understanding of the police decision-making processes?
    I wonder if he'll give us more of a Clouseau clue who the detective was.

Even by his standards that's pretty shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Doesn't matter, he was French, they all know eachover and share all information on the specifics of a case.

Actually I've got a reasonable understanding of that myself and for your information a lot of different people were investigating it

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He had a berm😁
    Amazing who you meet at Morrisons checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Told by a 'French Detective' oh come on....

Yes, it's quite impossible that anyone could know or speak to a French detective isn't it ? That's impossible !
    French detectives are only in films and on the news aren't they ?

Far too lofty and important to talk to the likes of us eh !

It makes me deeply sad that people have such a low opinion of themselves and their "place" that they don't think it's possible that anyone of any account would speak to them, then when someone does they can't cope with it and throw their own dung at the offending interloper .

It makes me deeply sad that people have such a low opinion of themselves and their "place" that they don't think it's possible that anyone of any account would speak to them, then when someone does they can't cope with it and throw their own dung at the offending interloper .
    Keep going.......

What? Wtf are you going on about, you spoke to a French detective? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What? Wtf are you going on about, you spoke to a French detective? Why?
    Just someone I knew and we spoke about the matter. Wish I hadn't mentioned it here now.

Just someone I knew and we spoke about the matter. Wish I hadn't mentioned it here now.
    600 posts in a month Ronnie......my detective hat is on and something don’t smell right......

Probably goat shit. Have they dited you out recently ?

Hey shall we get back to the matter and hand and try and avoid this becoming another Wales-Bales/RonnieBird show?