+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emiliano Sala investigation update

Emiliano Sala investigation update

Re: Emiliano Sala investigation update

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/pi...obroforweb.pdf

I thought of Payne Stewart when I saw the opening post, but he didn't die of Carbon Monoxide poisoning did he?

This changes everything.
    If the pilot had a similar level of carboxyhaemoglobin to Emiliano , which seems certain , then he'd probably have passed out at the controls or at least been unable to co ordinate his movements. Thus, all the other factors become superfluous to the actual cause of the accident, and are relegated to free standing potential criminal offences and health and safety infringements.

In the absence of toxicology for the pilot, it cannot be absolutely proven though, and so I'd anticipate an open verdict at the inquest.

The legal argument now will be between the alternatives of poor maintainance and some " act of God" such as a rupture in an exhaust system which couldn't have been anticipated. It doesn't make a finding of some liability on the part of the club impossible , but it makes that less likely.

It just further paints a horrible picture of Emliano's and Dave Ibbotson's last moments culminating in the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It just further paints a horrible picture of Emliano's and Dave Ibbotson's last moments culminating in the crash.
    Well, perhaps we can take some tiny comfort from the likelihood that they were probably both unconscious by the time control of the aircraft was lost. It doesn't bear thinking about does it ?

It also reinforces the feeling that the plane wasn’t fit for purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Awful news. I'm not sure our resident Aeronautical Engineer predicted that one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/pi...obroforweb.pdf

I thought of Payne Stewart when I saw the opening post, but he didn't die of Carbon Monoxide poisoning did he?
    No. The plane in his case never pressurised. Suffocating all on board.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    This changes everything.
    If the pilot had a similar level of carboxyhaemoglobin to Emiliano , which seems certain , then he'd probably have passed out at the controls or at least been unable to co ordinate his movements. Thus, all the other factors become superfluous to the actual cause of the accident, and are relegated to free standing potential criminal offences and health and safety infringements.

In the absence of toxicology for the pilot, it cannot be absolutely proven though, and so I'd anticipate an open verdict at the inquest.

The legal argument now will be between the alternatives of poor maintainance and some " act of God" such as a rupture in an exhaust system which couldn't have been anticipated. It doesn't make a finding of some liability on the part of the club impossible , but it makes that less likely.
    I’d say whoever owns the plane might be in a spot of bother.

As usual the jacks have got it all sussed....

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...lane-crash/#23

Incredible you can get so many stupid people together on one thread....

Two points

Payne Stewart died of Hypoxia lack of oxygen at altitude. The private jet did not pressurise. You get happier and pass out.

The pilot on Emilianos flight had contact with ATC not too long before the crash I recall.
    I want to read the report before tryi g to figure this latest revelation out.

If the pilot did have verbal contact with the ATC not too long before the crash, surely it rules out carboxyhaemoglobin in his body , surely he'd display orvsay something in the conversation ,would the younger fitter man (Sala ) be less effected ,did or could the pilot have left the plane before Sala , If the court excepts Sala was effected surely if the pilot was on the same small space it doesn't need his body as evidence ,it's about the carbon being in the plane , and being the cause , not how many bodies that have been found ??

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

As biased as the stupider members of this board. I don't know how you can read it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

It seems to me that the point they are missing is that the Mackay clan were working for Nantes as well as Sala in this matter. If Nantes or their representative arrange a flight that turns out to be unsafe due to inappropriate pilot/inappropriate plane or whatever it is no wonder we do not wish to pay irregardless of the contractual situation. I am sure that Swansea would do the same if they were in our position.

I would also guess that both clubs would like to make a financial provision for the Sala family but to do so at this stage might imply liability. When the legal wrangling has been sorted then something may happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    It also reinforces the feeling that the plane wasn’t fit for purpose.
    Or was purposely made ‘not fit for purpose ‘

I’ve never ruled out foul play - especially when you look at the backgrounds of some of the characters involved in the deal.

Easy to think for example that McKay might have upset someone even more vile than he is, given his debt situation and how it’s alledged the debts were incurred.

£1.5m riding on this deal for him.

Hopefully not true, but also not beyond the realms of possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I’ve never ruled out foul play - especially when you look at the backgrounds of some of the characters involved in the deal.

Easy to think for example that McKay might have upset someone even more vile than he is, given his debt situation and how it’s alledged the debts were incurred.

Have you been watching Miss Marple again?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Have you been watching Miss Marple again?
    I was always told to keep an open mind about stuff I don’t totally understand.

Would you 100% write off foul play knowing how murky football can be ?

Anyway I’m more Taggart 🙂

I was always told to keep an open mind about stuff I don’t totally understand.

Would you 100% write off foul play knowing how murky football can be ?

Anyway I’m more Taggart ��
    Taggart was ace, especially the early episodes. I can't see foul play being the cause, obviously i can't be 100% but i reckon it's more to do with the piece of shit plane that Sala and the pilot ended up in.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...estigated.html

What's that supposed to mean? It doesn't affect anything that is already known about the pilot requesting a controlled decent of the aircraft to a lower altitude. If it was a medical situation, the pilot would have requested an emergency landing. Sometimes you are too clever by half.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What's that supposed to mean? It doesn't affect anything that is already known about the pilot requesting a controlled decent of the aircraft to a lower altitude. If it was a medical situation, the pilot would have requested an emergency landing. Sometimes you are too clever by half.
    An emergency landing in the middle of the channel?

The idiot reporter on Sky news reported the fact that, while the two occupants of the plane probably died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, implied that was more or less the end of the matter. While Carbon monoxide is clearly now the front runner she failed to report the fact that Ibbotson was not licensed to fly the plane at night and Henderson - the pilot who gave Ibbotson the job - had been arrested but not charged for his perceived role in the tragic flight.

Today's revelation might have moved things forward but the roles of Ibbotson and Henderson remain to be concluded as there are likely to be some murky issues that have yet to be revealed. How Carbon Monoxide got into the cockpit remains a mystery that can only be resolved by recovering the plane and that is unlikely to happen or so we are told. However, given the fact the plane was only serviced/overhauled 2 months prior to the accident suggests that everything was functioning correctly and was fit for purpose (although possibly not suitable) which only adds to the mysterious set of circumstances that surround this tragic event. No doubt further facts will become known when the CAA produce their final report before January next year although without examining the aircraft much of what they say about Carbon Monoxide getting into the fuselage will be speculative.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Did you think that i was referring to you?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    An emergency landing in the middle of the channel?
    They were right next the island of Guernsey.

He certainly did not. To be fair, did anyone actually?