+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Players Impressive

New Players Impressive

I only got the chance to see longer video of the Luton game and I was delighted with Glatzel , Pack and Flint.

All three of them showed real quality in their roles and that was clear even in a game where we couldn't expect them to have settled in yet.

Glatzel will score more goals than any recent player - he's like Mad Ken on a very good day but can also head the ball.

Flint is a proper defender who'll reach new heights in a team playing Warnockball, and score lots from set pieces.

Pack will become a Cardiff City icon in the image of Ian Gibson or Don Murray, and he'll bring Vaulks on too.

Another thing I noticed in the short time that he was on was Vassel's blistering speed which combined with the fact that he can obviously connect might be the biggest surprise of the season .

As this lot settle into a unit I really think they'll tear the division to bits and I wonder why this isn't obvious to some here.

Re: New Players Impressive

Think a fair few have said this in fairness. Just didn’t get it’s own thread, but plenty of comments mirroring what you’ve said here.

Agree with your assessments, I was happy with Pack on the extended highlights not seen the full 90 yet but might make time tonight.

Yes I do think we have made some very wise accusations and we have a bloody good squad .

Bamba , Patterson , Richards and Etheridge still not fully fit bodes us well, as they are potential first team squad players or first eleven .

Tomlin ,Ward, not if injured?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Think a fair few have said this in fairness. Just didn’t get it’s own thread, but plenty of comments mirroring what you’ve said here.

Agree with your assessments, I was happy with Pack on the extended highlights not seen the full 90 yet but might make time tonight.

Fair comment , but I thought it deserved a thread because I was so delighted when I saw the longer video and was able to look at the technical abilities of the individuals.
    I don't think there's any need for anyone to be down in the dumps about the dissapointment of rat man going to Fulham because we've got some solid boys here.

The flash types come and go and at times not try , the steady consistent lads like Pack, Flint or the hunger of Vassell, Vaulks are the lads you need , let's see where they are come December, deep down I think Neil has done some good business.

Let's prey I'm right 🥴

We’ve looked a bit disjointed at times so far, but there are a lot of players bedding in and I think it’ll take a while for Warnock to find his best 11.
    Squad does seem to have some depth in most areas now.

Full backs and creative midfielder are my worry. Not a lot of options there

I think we'll look better when Warnock goes back to the 4-3-3, with a midfield three of Pack, Vaulks and Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I only got the chance to see longer video of the Luton game and I was delighted with Glatzel , Pack and Flint.

All three of them showed real quality in their roles and that was clear even in a game where we couldn't expect them to have settled in yet.

Glatzel will score more goals than any recent player - he's like Mad Ken on a very good day but can also head the ball.

Flint is a proper defender who'll reach new heights in a team playing Warnockball, and score lots from set pieces.

Pack will become a Cardiff City icon in the image of Ian Gibson or Don Murray, and he'll bring Vaulks on too.

Another thing I noticed in the short time that he was on was Vassel's blistering speed which combined with the fact that he can obviously connect might be the biggest surprise of the season

As this lot settle into a unit I really think they'll tear the division to bits and I wonder why this isn't obvious to some here.
    I was happy with all of our new signings especially Pack and i'm looking forward to seeing more of Vassell. As you're making comparisons with Glatzel and Zohore then i reckon that Ken would've got around that last defender who very kindly placed the ball into Glatzels stride early in the first half although i'm not sure that he'd have finished it off. My main concern is pace at the back, or the lack of, especially if we come up against sides who press high or like to play quickly in the final third.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think we'll look better when Warnock goes back to the 4-3-3, with a midfield three of Pack, Vaulks and Ralls
    I'd agree with that although that formation is massively dependent on our wide players performing as the central three all hold to a certain degree. Maybe Vaulks can push into that position between striker and midfield when we're attacking although i don't really know anything about him!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd agree with that although that formation is massively dependent on our wide players performing as the central three all hold to a certain degree. Maybe Vaulks can push into that position between striker and midfield when we're attacking although i don't really know anything about him!
    Ralls got forward a lot more on Saturday due to the presence of Pack.
    Did leave a few holes mind as Paterson was doing his usual random ( but often effective ) stuff and Pack was fairly deep.

Also, watching the clubs video showing all Pack’s touches, he seems to link regularly with Ralls. I can see that partnership blossoming.
    It’s just who plays alongside ( or in front of) them is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Ralls got forward a lot more on Saturday due to the presence of Pack.
    Did leave a few holes mind as Paterson was doing his usual random ( but often effective ) stuff and Pack was fairly deep.

Also, watching the clubs video showing all Pack’s touches, he seems to link regularly with Ralls. I can see that partnership blossoming.
    It’s just who plays alongside ( or in front of) them is the question
    Lets hope so. Pack looked good, something we haven't had in a long time, maybe Mc Phail was the closest we've seen. I'd like to see Ralls kick on, i'm not his biggest fan but i do appreciate what he offers when he's playing well. Maybe Pack being around him can lift him a bit and give him that bit of confidence that he has a good player around him.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Fair comment , but I thought it deserved a thread because I was so delighted when I saw the longer video and was able to look at the technical abilities of the individuals.
    I don't think there's any need for anyone to be down in the dumps about the dissapointment of rat man going to Fulham because we've got some solid boys here.
    Of course it deserves its own thread. It’s a good discussion to have.

I enjoyed talking about our possible midfield combination of Vaulks pack and Ralls and think Pack will make Ralls look a bit more steady, someone else said they think he could help Vaulks settle etc. I think losing the 10 and having 3 in the middle is the way to go.

I think that Pack is a solid signing and Glatzel and Vassell could surprise us and do very well.

Vassell not only showed unbelievable speed but also some lovely touches

Vaulks.. jury is still out. I wonder if fans would be as positive as they are if he wasnt Welsh?

Flint looks a good signing, although him and Morrison as a combination looks incredibly slow... and Morrison has been in pretty poor form... I wonder if Warnock would be brave enough to change it when Sol is back?

However... I still think the transfer window was poor. We have no available / fit back-up left or right-back... that is absolutely crazy! At a stretch maybe Paterson could play right back but who can play left back if Bennett gets injured?

I'd be happy to see youngsters on the bench but that isn't really Neil is it?

Also, playing an unfit paterson in the number 10 role shows we are lacking quality in there.

So while the new signings look decent enough the gaps of quality in the squad are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    See what you mean, but not entirely.

What did Paterson offer us at 10 in an attacking sense that we will miss? I’d get your point if we were talking a creative 10 who supports the attack.

All it requires is runners from midfield, Pack made a hell of a run into the area on the weekend and Ralls is capable of doing this too. Not seen enough of Vaulks to comment.

When up to speed Paterson will win the headers and provide the flick on's and potentially weigh in with double digit number of goals for the season
    Just needs time to get fully match fit

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes Warnock used 3 midfielders and 3 attackers but formationwise we played almost exclusively 4141/4411 last season.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Yes Warnock used 3 midfielders and 3 attackers but formationwise we played almost exclusively 4141/4411 last season.

StT.
    <><
    I think this may be a league thing.

We’re a big team in this league, but we were little Cardiff city in the PL.