+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City Stadium

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I'd pay for it to be named Ninian Park....
    How about Ninian Stadium? Ninian Park feels like it should be left as a memory of what that place was. Ninian Stadium keeps tradition and is modern day

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    How about Ninian Stadium? Ninian Park feels like it should be left as a memory of what that place was. Ninian Stadium keeps tradition and is modern day
    I hate the word 'Stadium' not sure why! How about The New Ninian? Does sound like a pub though

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I hate the word 'Stadium' not sure why! How about The New Ninian? Does sound like a pub though
    Ok fair enough. Not into New Ninian for the same reason as you just mentioned.

I've got it...

Sloper Park

Ok fair enough. Not into New Ninian for the same reason as you just mentioned.

I've got it...

Sloper Park
    Winner!

Remember when people used to pretend that Ninian Park had always been known as The Old Lady? What a bunch of shite.

Seeing as the decent people of Cardiff seem to have lost the battle vis a vis the Caroline Street/Chippy Lane thing to the students and the mouth-breathers, I guess the name "Caroline Street" is going spare so we could always call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Remember when people used to pretend that Ninian Park had always been known as The Old Lady? What a bunch of shite.

Seeing as the decent people of Cardiff seem to have lost the battle vis a vis the Caroline Street/Chippy Lane thing to the students and the mouth-breathers, I guess the name "Caroline Street" is going spare so we could always call it that.
    Sorry Nick, you might not have seen - this thread is actually over, the best name possible has been suggested

Sorry Nick, you might not have seen - this thread is actually over, the best name possible has been suggested
    Fair enough. Sloper Park it is. Although I preferred the Leckwith Thunderdome. Perhaps it could have a nickname too? The Young Lady, to keep up the invented tradition?

Fair enough. Sloper Park it is. Although I preferred the Leckwith Thunderdome. Perhaps it could have a nickname too? The Young Lady, to keep up the invented tradition?
    Young Lady is to boring. How about Big Barbara?

There's a recall, sorry. I love Nick's idea about calling it Caroline Street but the Leckwith Thunderdome is brilliant. Could you imagine them introducing the summariser on Sky with that name! Maybe we could use Sloper Park for the training facility-Sorry Delm...

I don't think it was that bad, but people did start referring to "her" (cringe) as that towards the very end.