+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Stadium

Re: Cardiff City Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    How much is a Championship club stadium naming sponsorship worth - anyone know?
    Are you planning on starting a go fund me for the thunderdome ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think we've gone beyond Thunderdome now, sorry.
    There's life beyond the Thunderdome.....how Mad is that??

CardiffCitySince1927

City McCityFace?
    Always the safe bet

CardiffCitySince1927

One end called Whitts End easily

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Aren't most Premier League stadiums not sponsored?
    I think only 4 have sponsored stadiums. Man City, Arsenal, Brighton and Bournemouth

International

Then why are people so concerned that ours isn't?

I got the impression they thought we were missing out on some form of revenue that other clubs were benefiting from.
    I don't get it.

I’d like it if it was just called ‘The City’, it’s been that way forever, I never heard anyone say in the past ‘I’m going down Ninian Park’ or even now saying ‘I’m going down The Cardiff City Stadium’. It always ‘I’m going down The City’. Are we the only ‘City’ whose fans put a ‘The’ in front? Seems unique to us, a big, massive sign outside the ground THE CITY would please me.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d like it if it was just called ‘The City’, it’s been that way forever, I never heard anyone say in the past ‘I’m going down Ninian Park’ or even now saying ‘I’m going down The Cardiff City Stadium’. It always ‘I’m going down The City’. Are we the only ‘City’ whose fans put a ‘The’ in front? Seems unique to us, a big, massive sign outside the ground THE CITY would please me.
    Oh, and it’s always ‘down The City’ never, ever heard ‘I’m going up The City’

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Does this mean that the 'Thunderdome' is off?
    Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    How much is a Championship club stadium naming sponsorship worth - anyone know?
    Not much. Our estimated worth for naming rights in the EPL last year was only £200,000.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/p...-rights-values

Do we get any money from our shirt sponsor? Whoever that actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    One end called Whitts End easily
    You are forgetting Gary Bell....

International

Agree with this 100%. We've had this discussion on here before.
    when I was a kid if anyone said "I'm going down the City" you never asked why or where or anything. It was understood you were going to watch the football. It never meant anything else!!

And yes it was always down, never up!! Just like if you were going out drinking you went 'down town' never up. You might go up the pub but never ever up the town or up the City!

I could be wrong but it seems that local fans won't necessarily use the sponsored stadium names but they would be quoted by the media. Similarly, what football fan ever referred to the Barclays Premier League? However, sponsors do seem to have made an impact with what used to be called the League Cup...........

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Agree with this 100%. We've had this discussion on here before.
    when I was a kid if anyone said "I'm going down the City" you never asked why or where or anything. It was understood you were going to watch the football. It never meant anything else!!

And yes it was always down, never up!! Just like if you were going out drinking you went 'down town' never up. You might go up the pub but never ever up the town or up the City!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I could be wrong but it seems that local fans won't necessarily use the sponsored stadium names but they would be quoted by the media. Similarly, what football fan ever referred to the Barclays Premier League? However, sponsors do seem to have made an impact with what used to be called the League Cup...........
    It's called the Milk Cup now. Come on, get with the times.

This 'Old Lady' nonsense - I've heard that once or twice over the years but mainly by posh sods coming for the thrill of rubbing shoulders with the common man of a Saturday morning. "Oh, they were terrifically ghastly, Edward!".

In any case, don't Everton refer to Goodison as the 'Grand old Lady'?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    This 'Old Lady' nonsense - I've heard that once or twice over the years but mainly by posh sods coming for the thrill of rubbing shoulders with the common man of a Saturday morning. "Oh, they were terrifically ghastly, Edward!".

In any case, don't Everton refer to Goodison as the 'Grand old Lady'?
    They do. I associate "The Old Lady" more with Juventus. I think that's the first time I heard it used in association with a football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Delmbox, the true ITK LeAdEr: Confirmed.
    After my time, I am

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    are you suggesting they call the stadium 'the city'
    Yep, why not? That’s where we all go, ‘Down The City’. In effect it’s an abbreviated version of what it’s called now ‘The Cardiff City Stadium’. Please don’t say that you’ve never said ‘I’m going down The City’.

Yep, why not? That’s where we all go, ‘Down The City’. In effect it’s an abbreviated version of what it’s called now ‘The Cardiff City Stadium’. Please don’t say that you’ve never said ‘I’m going down The City’.
    Actually I go "off to the football" so I think it should be called The Football

I just say I'm going out, so maybe it should be called "out"

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I say I'm off to the thunderdome. So I think we should call it the thunderdome.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    "We're a long way from home
    Welcome to the Thunderdome
    On our way home
    Going where lovers roam
    Long way from home
    Welcome to the Thunderdome"...

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    yeah! but are you out, out?