+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Stadium

Re: Cardiff City Stadium

Warnockball Stadium??

Listen, I'm a reasonable man and if it's The Leckwith Thunderdome then The Leckwith Thunderdome it is

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    It's a nice idea, but let's be honest that is an absolutely massive "if".

The benefit of the leckwith thunderdome is that it is accurate. It is in leckwith. it's not really a dome but dome is a bit like Dom which is German for cathedral and it's certainly a cathedral. and obviously we do get thunder in leckwith, sometomes over the thunderdome itself. It's perfect. Can someone give Vinny a call and get it sorted?
    Don't get him started on Cathedrals

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Listen, I'm a reasonable man and if it's The Leckwith Thunderdome then The Leckwith Thunderdome it is

We can call the next one Sloper Park. Promise.

We can call the next one Sloper Park. Promise.
    hopefully it'll have cashless vegan kiosks and gender neutral toilets and be entirely solar powered

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    hopefully it'll have cashless vegan kiosks and gender neutral toilets and be entirely solar powered
    No white men over 55 allowed imo

Remember when people used to pretend that Ninian Park had always been known as The Old Lady? What a bunch of shite.

Seeing as the decent people of Cardiff seem to have lost the battle vis a vis the Caroline Street/Chippy Lane thing to the students and the mouth-breathers, I guess the name "Caroline Street" is going spare so we could always call it that.
    I don't think it was that bad, but people did start referring to "her" (cringe) as that towards the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    No white men over 55 allowed imo
    Great shout. Instead of some youngsters or fans having some fun on the pitch at half time, i'd scrap that and the Birthday dedications etc.. i'd replace it with somebody from the local LGBT community reading passages from the Equality Act 2010. Educate some of these fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Great shout. Instead of some youngsters or fans having some fun on the pitch at half time, i'd scrap that and the Birthday dedications etc.. i'd replace it with somebody from the local LGBT community reading passages from the Equality Act 2010. Educate some of these fools.
    Why are you limiting it to LGBT community members who can read?

Remember when people used to pretend that Ninian Park had always been known as The Old Lady? What a bunch of shite.

Seeing as the decent people of Cardiff seem to have lost the battle vis a vis the Caroline Street/Chippy Lane thing to the students and the mouth-breathers, I guess the name "Caroline Street" is going spare so we could always call it that.
    I remember two idiots referring to NP as The old lady. Dicks.

CCS is grand, may it long continue. If not, Fenian Park sounds good.

Heisenberg

It couldn't hurt. I would probably also say anyone who has ever used the term "virtue signal" unironically has to sit in the grand stand.

The Etien Velikonja Arena

Why are you limiting it to LGBT community members who can read?
    If i allow some homeless people to pitch their tents on the pitch during the game, then will that be enough to offset my obvious discrimination? We could arrange the tents in a 442 formation.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The Etien Velikonja Arena
    Wash yer mouth out. Our humble abode isn't enough to honour Etien.

If i allow some homeless people to pitch their tents on the pitch during the game, then will that be enough to offset my obvious discrimination? We could arrange the tents in a 442 formation.
    5 at the back with strong defensive in-tent

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It couldn't hurt. I would probably also say anyone who has ever used the term "virtue signal" unironically has to sit in the grand stand.
    Free tickets for minorities and rename the Canton 'The Snowflake'

Crichton-Stuart Stadium :)

I hadn't realised this!

In 1910, Cardiff City Football Club had secured the lease of a plot of land in order to build a new stadium. During development, one of the guarantors for the club pulled out and Crichton-Stuart instead offered his support of the project and acted as a guarantor for the £90 annual rent that the club had agreed to. In recognition of his role in the building of the ground, the club dropped the original planned name of the ground, Sloper Park, and instead named it Ninian Park.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I hadn't realised this!

In 1910, Cardiff City Football Club had secured the lease of a plot of land in order to build a new stadium. During development, one of the guarantors for the club pulled out and Crichton-Stuart instead offered his support of the project and acted as a guarantor for the £90 annual rent that the club had agreed to. In recognition of his role in the building of the ground, the club dropped the original planned name of the ground, Sloper Park, and instead named it Ninian Park.
    Delmbox, the true ITK LeAdEr: Confirmed.

How much is a Championship club stadium naming sponsorship worth - anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Delmbox, the true ITK LeAdEr: Confirmed.
    Does this mean that the 'Thunderdome' is off?

Heisenberg

Does this mean that the 'Thunderdome' is off?
    I think we've gone beyond Thunderdome now, sorry.

International

I think it's good that we haven't taken a sponsor. The name is the club name so I don't understand why fans would want to get rid of it. It is entirely possible Vinny has been approached and rejected offers because he thinks it should be named after the club too.

In these days it is almost unique not to be sponsored. Long may it continue!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think it's good that we haven't taken a sponsor. The name is the club name so I don't understand why fans would want to get rid of it. It is entirely possible Vinny has been approached and rejected offers because he thinks it should be named after the club too.

In these days it is almost unique not to be sponsored. Long may it continue!
    Aren't most Premier League stadiums not sponsored?