+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What was our net spend this window?

What was our net spend this window?

Out

Manga 3 mil
    Zohore 8mil

Total 11 mil

In

Pack 4 mil (I saw undisclosed but I’ll go with the figure bandied about on here)
    Vassell 3 mil
    Vaulks 2 mil ?
    Glatzel 5.5 mil

14.5 mil

Meaning a total spend of 3.5 million

I’m sure I’m wrong and someone will point it out for me, a reason I love this board, but I’ve just been curious about it this morning.

Not really a bad thing is it?

Re: What was our net spend this window?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Out

Manga 3 mil
    Zohore 8mil

Total 11 mil

In

Pack 4 mil (I saw undisclosed but I’ll go with the figure bandied about on here)
    Vassell 3 mil
    Vaulks 2 mil ?
    Glatzel 5.5 mil

14.5 mil

I’m sure I’m wrong and someone will point it out for me, a reason I love this board, but I’ve just been curious about it this morning.

It all depends on whether Bobby D-R signs permanently, at the end of the season. If he does, we should make a 7 M profit.

I don’t know what the figure is but I would also allow for agent and signing on fees for free transfers and the impact of the summer changes on the wage bill.

I think Neil Warnock in a recent interview said the club had made a profit on the summer dealings and that was unusual for the Championship. I’m not sure that is right on either count.

My back of a fag packet calculation suggests we paid out more than we got back, and I have seen several newspaper reports showing most Championship clubs received more in fees than they paid out (although that was before Reading opened their cheque book in the last few days - like a few other clubs)!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Out

Manga 3 mil
    Zohore 8mil

Total 11 mil

In

Vassell 3 mil
    Vaulks 2 mil ?
    Glatzel 5.5 mil

14.5 mil

Major flaw in figures - You appear to have forgotten our man Flint from Middlesborough - £6m ? Plus anything that Nelson cost from Oxford.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Major flaw in figures - You appear to have forgotten our man Flint from Middlesborough - £6m ? Plus anything that Nelson cost from Oxford.
    Major flaw in figures - You appear to have forgotten our man Whyte from Oxford - £2m ? Plus Nelson cost nothing from Oxford.

I did say I’d miss a few 😂

4 million.

6 if we go up and stay up.

So 4.

Haven't we saved a fortune on wages though?
    I seem to remember we had a plan to insure against relegation by putting clauses in the players contracts should we be relegated. Add to that, parachute payments, spending next to feck all when we went up last season, record season ticket sales this season and the already mentioned income from player sales this summer...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I seem to remember we had a plan to insure against relegation by putting clauses in the players contracts should we be relegated. Add to that, parachute payments, spending next to feck all when we went up last season, record season ticket sales this season and the already mentioned income from player sales this summer...
    The money men will be happy. Shame the squad has been left bereft of any creative spark whatsoever.

So much for giving it a "Real go" this year. God help when we start making cuts.

Warnock may well have included the £11m or whatever we are due from Fulham for Reid when he said net profit.. or may have included Pack at £750k which was the original price reported

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    We spent around £35m on transfers last year, not including the Sala deal and not including signing on fees or agents fees. So over £40m definitely - not really 'feck all' but peanuts compared to what Fulham and Villa spent I suppose. It appears our 'net spend' this summer is about £10m. However, I think that the parachute payment this season is around £55m, so that with the season ticket sales this season is all quite healthy but basically we will be trading at a loss in the Championship, so any surplus will be keeping us going month on month and guaranteeing our future, which is the right way to do it really.

Pack was only 4 if we go up, 1 million down wasn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Pack was only 4 if we go up, 1 million down wasn’t it?
    750 K initial payment was reported in the bristol press

I saw £750,000 for Pack as well

We spent around £13m and brought in around £11m (not counting Reid)

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    It all depends on whether Bobby D-R signs permanently, at the end of the season. If he does, we should make a 7 M profit.
    Any fee for Reid would be if a permanent transfer takes place in 12 months time and would therefore be credited to the Summer 2020 window accounts and not this summer.

StT.
    <><