+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match day subscription for Ex-pats...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Match day subscription for Ex-pats...

I've watched the first two league games and the friendly and it's got better each time. It appears they've ironed out the issues from the friendly.

The only problem that I have is that even though I'm outside the UK I stll need to use a VPN because my country blocks a lot of international web traffic, which makes logging in stall.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I've watched the first two league games and the friendly and it's got better each time. It appears they've ironed out the issues from the friendly.

The only problem that I have is that even though I'm outside the UK I stll need to use a VPN because my country blocks a lot of international web traffic, which makes logging in stall.

As you know Shute, I'm in China too. If I try to log in it says I need to complete the captcha, however, there is NO captcha. When I use my VPN I am able to log in without any issues and without the need to complete captcha.
    I had a nightmare experience trying to watch the Luton game though. I am not kidding you, I must have only been able to view a total of 7-8 minutes of the first half (I gave up trying for the second half!) there was constant buffering. I had even upgraded my Internet speed to 270.0Mbps, seemed worse than ever! I ended up watching the whole recorded game the following day.
    One further point, didn't they promise there would be something like FOUR cameras in operation? It seemed like just the one to me..

Just for my pennies worth. I’m an expat living in Cyprus although currently on a 10 week jolly in Malaysia. I took out my subscription about a week before the season started whilst on my jolly and had no problem at all in the process. Ok the commentary issues against Wigan were crap but they seem to have been resolved thus far.

So no complaints from me...............football could be better tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    As you know Shute, I'm in China too. If I try to log in it says I need to complete the captcha, however, there is NO captcha. When I use my VPN I am able to log in without any issues and without the need to complete captcha.
    I had a nightmare experience trying to watch the Luton game though. I am not kidding you, I must have only been able to view a total of 7-8 minutes of the first half (I gave up trying for the second half!) there was constant buffering. I had even upgraded my Internet speed to 270.0Mbps, seemed worse than ever! I ended up watching the whole recorded game the following day.
    One further point, didn't they promise there would be something like FOUR cameras in operation? It seemed like just the one to me..
    I did get some buffering in the Wigan game but it was better for me against Luton. I think once or twice I had to hit pause and play, possibly only missing 10 seconds or so. I'm using Astrill VPN on America supercharged servers. I think one of the issues seems to be that we play our games at the peak time when a lot of people are streaming content in the building I am living in. I usually get a more reliable connection when people are at work or sleeping.

About the cameras I'm not sure how many they used. There were some weird zooms going on. At least it's better than iplayer was. Replays and commentary help.