+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cetlic and Rangers

Re: Cetlic and Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The size of them means if they were in the premier league with premier league incomes they would easily survive.

Whether their current teams would is another matter. I think Celtic would easily stay up, Rangers would struggle.
    I agree with the majority of posters. Both current teams would not survive a season in the Premiership and are not better than Newcastle, Brighton, West Ham or other likely relegation candidates.
    In fact their current squads would probably be mid table championship.
    However, given PL money I am sure they would invest and build to clubs who might make the top 10 in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The novelty of Celtic and Rangers in a more UK league would see some immediate investment for both as the financial rewards would be far greater. They'd earn more TV money in the Championship than in the SPL while the amount they'd get in TV money for being in the top flight would see them easily compete with the big teams given time. In the Premier League demand for tickets would rise and questions would be asked of whether, at 60k and 50k, home grounds belonging to Celtic and Rangers would be big enough.

Could either break the monopoly of the top 6 given time? I believe so. Trying to speculate how both would do based on their current status is pointless as they are both given limited opportunities in a small league that offers peanuts. They both have the potential to be among the best supported PL sides, highly attractive to backers and both would eventually be capable of Champions League qualification.
    A sensible post from someone who understands how football works these days . The team that spends the most amount of money (they have to have the money ) will win the league ... where they come from is immaterial.

The constant debate about Rangers and Celtic is somewhat amusing , I doubt Welsh sides,playing in the Welsh league, other than perhaps TNS in Kilmarnock rarely get a mention in Scotland....
    Cardiff possibly get a mention occasionally as my mates know I watch them

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The size of them means if they were in the premier league with premier league incomes they would easily survive.

Whether their current teams would is another matter. I think Celtic would easily stay up, Rangers would struggle.
    Rangers are impressive this season with a far smaller budget than Celtic. Steve G has done a top job .Recruited well.

Both would be reasonably good Championship teams. Nothing more

Would actually really like to see the bigger teams from the scottish league absorbed into the EFL/Prem, and the Scottish league merging with the welsh system.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Give Celtic a few years & they'd be up with the big boys in the Premier. They’re nigh on world wide on a Man U/Liverpool type scale and Premier League football would give them the final push. Anyone just catch that Las Vegas programme tonight, 2000 Celtic fans attending a Celtic themed holiday there. The whole hotel pandering to them, some clubs could only dream of that. Investors would most probably be clamouring to get involved.
    Imagine being there with a hotel full, Cardiff prison would be nicer to stay at.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Rangers are impressive this season with a far smaller budget than Celtic. Steve G has done a top job .Recruited well.
    Nothing like blind faith. Let's see how long that lasts.

I think Celtic and Rangers will be absorbed into the PL in the future, I’d imagine probably in the next 10 years if this European Super League thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Nothing like blind faith. Let's see how long that lasts.
    Neill Lennon is doing a fantastic job this season . Another fantastic result today .
    Watched the European game in the week , was thoroughly entertained . Xx

Neill Lennon is doing a fantastic job this season . Another fantastic result today .
    Watched the European game in the week , was thoroughly entertained . Xx
    Hey Billy, game isn't over yet. E /Time being played. Keep up.

The constant debate about Rangers and Celtic is somewhat amusing , I doubt Welsh sides,playing in the Welsh league, other than perhaps TNS in Kilmarnock rarely get a mention in Scotland....
    Cardiff possibly get a mention occasionally as my mates know I watch them
    I hear there was some talk up in Scotland of Connah's Quay Nomads booting Kilmarnock out of the Europa League.