+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bury situation

Bury situation

Decent article about the situation written by a Bury fan.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...ink-extinction

Sad times for the fans and those owed money. Had the owner on talkSPORT saying the debt should have been written off and a clean slate when he took over. Sounded a bit of an idiot.

Considering they still had a good squad last season it's hard to feel too much sympathy for him personally, he knew what he was taking over.

Re: Bury situation

No fit and proper test of mid-season takeovers? As ever, it's always the fans and local community that suffers when bad owners get involved.

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status...30968604237824

What a shocking example of journalism, politics and spin. Clearly there is a bad situation going on but this interview is why people are now paying for the The Athletic. Few of my favourite, paraphrased, examples:

Jim White: "He (Steve Dawson, Bury midfielder) is going to lose his house and can't pay his family." (both of these real examples coming out of the blue)
    Steve Dale: "Do you really believe that?"
    Jim White: "I believe he's in financial crisis."

Jim White: "Thank you Steve (Steve Dale, Bury owner) for coming on and trying to explain what's going on."
    Martin Keown: "Do you own the land the club ground is on? Do you set to gain financially if the club dies by selling the land?"

Steve Dawson: "He's lied for 6 months. He hasn't paid us, he doesn't have the money to pay us."
    Steve Dale: "Ask him if I paid him in full last month."
    Steve Dawson: We've got one month. We've been paid one month"

The owner needs to have a chat with Huw Jenkins. The expert on football club liquidation only to re start with a clean slate a week later (debts cleared)

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The owner needs to have a chat with Huw Jenkins. The expert on football club liquidation only to re start with a clean slate a week later (debts cleared)
    They have done that , but , the football league want a bond of 1.5 million to show they can make it through the season. It would appear the current owner has a lot of chat but not quite enough money.
    I listened to him on Talksport the other day and felt he was slightly detached from reality. He promised to produce the 1.5 million then the following day said he had had enough and wanted to sell the club. I believe his health isn't good either.

It is going tits up at Macc Town too. The owner is also a deluded twat akin to the bloke at Bury. PLayers have taken the club to the point of a widning up hearing to get wages that are owed and yesterday the manager, Sol Campbell, walked out over money issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    It is going tits up at Macc Town too. The owner is also a deluded twat akin to the bloke at Bury. PLayers have taken the club to the point of a widning up hearing to get wages that are owed and yesterday the manager, Sol Campbell, walked out over money issues.
    Was he a good manager ? Comes across as slightly deluded to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Was he a good manager ? Comes across as slightly deluded to me.
    It was hard to tell. He inherited a shite team, brought in a couple of average players and was saved by the fact that Durrell came back from injury with a few games left. Durrell was instrumental in Macc getting some points from games. What saved Macc really was the fact that the other teams in the relegation fight were worse than them - not necessarily Macc were better than them if that makes sense. This season Sol has put together a team he has chosen and in fairness they looked good on Saturday beating Leyton Orient 3-0 and beat Blackpool in the cup on Tuesday on penalties. But it is probably too soon to judge if he was a good manager. I didn't like him personally and his attitude to fans stunk. Ignoring requests for autographs/selfies with young kids.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49414602

What a sad, sad update to the story. Unfortunately it looks like this isn't going to end well for Bury.