+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is nuts, why does this guy keep getting let out?

Re: This is nuts, why does this guy keep getting let out?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    shoplifting is a crime, lets not forget that

If i was caught accidentally shoplifting twice, i know i would be very careful to pay for my stuff, infact i might write myself a note " I must pay for my shopping "
    Is this the worst take of 2019? Have you ever considered critically thinking about something?

If i was caught accidentally shoplifting twice, i know i would be very careful to pay for my stuff, infact i might write myself a note " I must pay for my shopping "
    A life sentence. A LIFE SENTENCE for that? Doesn't it seem disproportionate?

As was suggested with speeding, no one lives 100% within the law 100% of the time. Would you really want to live in a country that operates like that? If so, perhaps there are some in the middle east you might like.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    In the US you can get life in prison from shoplifting 3 times it’s a shite law designed to fill their for profit prisons with poor people.
    Maybe don’t shoplift then.

I agree the American prison system is all geared towards filling their cells with as many poor people as possible (the ones that commit petty crimes but can’t afford the absurd bail money and end up staying in for an age) but the three strike law can work.

If someone is shoplifting because they are poor then they need to engage brain and seek financial help. The likelihood is that most of the shoplifters with 3 strikes are drug addicts...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

I agree the American prison system is all geared towards filling their cells with as many poor people as possible (the ones that commit petty crimes but can’t afford the absurd bail money and end up staying in for an age) but the three strike law can work.

If someone is shoplifting because they are poor then they need to engage brain and seek financial help. The likelihood is that most of the shoplifters with 3 strikes are drug addicts...
    So you think it's ok to have life in prison if you caught shop lifting 3 times then?

If someone is shoplifting because they are poor then they need to engage brain and seek financial help.
    This is what priviledge sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So you think it's ok to have life in prison if you caught shop lifting 3 times then?
    Don’t recall saying that.

Jesus Christ is critical thinking and empathy beyond every member of ccmb or what?

Don’t recall saying that.
    Oh sorry it's ok if they're drug addicts!

So people who have drug addictions should get life in prison for shop lifting 3 times then?

Jesus Christ is critical thinking and empathy beyond every member of ccmb or what?
    I think it’s absurd that it can happen yes, but it’s not like it’s a big huge secret they surprise you with after being caught 3 times.

You’d have to be a right ****ing idiot to knowing keep on doing it once you know the law.

And keep your poor people story and nappies etc. There is help out there for these struggling mothers, as I keep finding out on reddit when I see stories (usually fakes looking to get money off soft touches) about single mothers being ashamed they had to steal to feed their kids.. comment section is then littered with charities and govt help schemes.

So yeah.. steal 3 times and you’re a ****ing brain dead idiot.

Ok mate anyone committing a crime is only doing it because they're stupid and deserve life in prison.

I think it’s absurd that it can happen yes, but it’s not like it’s a big huge secret they surprise you with after being caught 3 times.

You’d have to be a right ****ing idiot to knowing keep on doing it once you know the law.

And keep your poor people story and nappies etc. There is help out there for these struggling mothers, as I keep finding out on reddit when I see stories (usually fakes looking to get money off soft touches) about single mothers being ashamed they had to steal to feed their kids.. comment section is then littered with charities and govt help schemes.

So yeah.. steal 3 times and you’re a ****ing brain dead idiot.
    At least they haven’t caught you yet then

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's not that simple though is it, personally I don't think that a single mother shoplifting nappies for her baby because she can't afford them deserves life in prison

No of course it isnt, and of course i dont think that either, and to be honest you have to have a line, you used the single mother and nappies, i know a number of people in the US and that single mother would get help ( mainly from churchy types, but thats got to be better than prison ? ? ? ) I know a High school teacher who spent the summer taking " extra lessons " in his school and buying 9 pupils lunch everyday, the " lunch service " ( which is free for these pupils ) had stopped as its the summer holidays , these pupils had no interest in the lessons, but they came to school to be fed, so help is around

the likely shoplifter will be the junkie who " steals " to fund his / her habit, i know this will open up another discussion about " they are addicts / they have a illness etc etc "

No of course it isnt, and of course i dont think that either, and to be honest you have to have a line, you used the single mother and nappies, i know a number of people in the US and that single mother would get help ( mainly from churchy types, but thats got to be better than prison ? ? ? ) I know a High school teacher who spent the summer taking " extra lessons " in his school and buying 9 pupils lunch everyday, the " lunch service " ( which is free for these pupils ) had stopped as its the summer holidays , these pupils had no interest in the lessons, but they came to school to be fed, so help is around
    What a country relying on the church or your teacher to provide basic neccesities and getting life in prison for committing a petty crime 3 times.

Even if it isn't an illness, do you think drug addicts deserve life in prison?

The attitude of Blue Matt and Dembethewarrior is pretty depressing isn't it? Can't just be me that thinks that.

Speeding is a crime as well, should someone go to prison if they do that three times?
    from my knowledge not in a alot of US states, most minor traffic violations are " misdemeanours " of course it varies from state to state

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    A life sentence. A LIFE SENTENCE for that? Doesn't it seem disproportionate?

As was suggested with speeding, no one lives 100% within the law 100% of the time. Would you really want to live in a country that operates like that? If so, perhaps there are some in the middle east you might like.
    See above, Did i say i wanted to live in a country like that ? ? ?

you might have missed the content i used it in, here it is, just below for you to read again, 46 offences inc 5 sexual offences

Ms Lane told the court John had 46 offences on his record including five sexual offences and 15 breaches of sexual offence orders.

We knock the US penal system, but in this case, the idea of 3 strikes and you are out surely must work

He should never see the light of day as a free man
    If you are referring to my post below, i was pointing out shoplifting is a crime, my 2nd sentence was purely tongue-in-cheek about " accidentally shoplifting " apologies if my tongue-in-cheek caused you to be offended, but last time i checked humour wasnt banned on the internet

I think the guy discussed in the OP should be in prison for life.

I don't think we should have a US 3 strikes policy in the UK because it unfairly targets the most vulnerable members of society.

I think the guy discussed in the OP should be in prison for life.

I don't think we should have a US 3 strikes policy in the UK because it unfairly targets the most vulnerable members of society.
    Why not a 3 strikes system for the serious crimes ? ? ? as the guy in the OP, should he have got past 3 sexual offences ? ? ?

or 15 times breaching his sexual offence order ? ? ? 15 times , its crazy

Why not a 3 strikes system for the serious crimes ? ? ? as the guy in the OP, should he have got past 3 sexual offences ? ? ?
    Why not just judge it on a case by case basis like now? For me the 3 strikes can be abused and misused too easily.

What's a crime that's not serious enough for life in prison straight away but is serious enough after 3 times but not 2?

What a country relying on the church or your teacher to provide basic neccesities and getting life in prison for committing a petty crime 3 times.

Its not perfect, but the guy i used as a example is doing his best to make it work

oh and it has disney world, so its not all bad

Even if it isn't an illness, do you think drug addicts deserve life in prison?
    They deserve help ( which they are given ) and the chance to be clean

Do you think these addicts deserve the rights to shoplift and rob people to fund the habit ? ? ?? as if they are not in prison that is what they are doing

Why not just judge it on a case by case basis like now? For me the 3 strikes can be abused and misused too easily.

What's a crime that's not serious enough for life in prison straight away but is serious enough after 3 times but not 2?
    but the current setup isnt working, this bloke proves that, this guy in the OP we must all agree shouldnt have been allowed out a long time ago

See above, Did i say i wanted to live in a country like that ? ? ?

you might have missed the content i used it in, here it is, just below for you to read again, 46 offences inc 5 sexual offences

The original post is about a guy who certainly shouldn't be allowed to roam the streets. The post of yours I quoted is about shoplifting from first word to last.

"shoplifting is a crime, lets not forget that

If i was caught accidentally shoplifting twice, i know i would be very careful to pay for my stuff, infact i might write myself a note " I must pay for my shopping ""

------

The point is, shoplifting is a crime that you and others probably don't do. So you're in favour of zero tolerance. But why should there be tolerance for all the crimes that you do? A speeding car/window cleaning van can kill someone. Pocketing something in a shop probably won't.

If you are referring to my post below, i was pointing out shoplifting is a crime, my 2nd sentence was purely tongue-in-cheek about " accidentally shoplifting " apologies if my tongue-in-cheek caused you to be offended, but last time i checked humour wasnt banned on the internet

Apologies for offending you by saying you wanted to live in a middle east country. That's how it works, right?

Exactly the point I was trying to make, speeding is a crime whichever way you paint it.

It’s funny how there should be zero tolerance for certain crimes but not ones Matt could commit.

That’s without ignoring all the societal reasons people do minor crimes.

Matt is a working class tory, worse than that chloroform lad in the link. At least he wants to only **** kids, Matt wants to **** the whole country.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, speeding is a crime whichever way you paint it.

It’s funny how there should be zero tolerance for certain crimes but not ones Matt could commit.

That’s without ignoring all the societal reasons people do minor crimes.

Matt is a working class tory, worse than that chloroform lad in the link. At least he wants to only **** kids, Matt wants to **** the whole country.
    That's the slippery slope. If you don't speak up about things that don't affect you, don't expect anyone to speak on your behalf when things do affect you.

You see it all the time with brexit. There's too many foreigners doing our jobs, oh but my cousin's daughter in law is different because...

At least they haven’t caught you yet then
    At this point you just don’t reply fella. Then we all get on with our days.