Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

Speeding is a crime as well, should someone go to prison if they do that three times?
from my knowledge not in a alot of US states, most minor traffic violations are " misdemeanours " of course it varies from state to state

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
A life sentence. A LIFE SENTENCE for that? Doesn't it seem disproportionate?

As was suggested with speeding, no one lives 100% within the law 100% of the time. Would you really want to live in a country that operates like that? If so, perhaps there are some in the middle east you might like.
See above, Did i say i wanted to live in a country like that ? ? ?

you might have missed the content i used it in, here it is, just below for you to read again, 46 offences inc 5 sexual offences

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
Ms Lane told the court John had 46 offences on his record including five sexual offences and 15 breaches of sexual offence orders.

We knock the US penal system, but in this case, the idea of 3 strikes and you are out surely must work

He should never see the light of day as a free man
If you are referring to my post below, i was pointing out shoplifting is a crime, my 2nd sentence was purely tongue-in-cheek about " accidentally shoplifting " apologies if my tongue-in-cheek caused you to be offended, but last time i checked humour wasnt banned on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
shoplifting is a crime, lets not forget that

If i was caught accidentally shoplifting twice, i know i would be very careful to pay for my stuff, infact i might write myself a note " I must pay for my shopping "