+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sterling surging back to the levels it was at when the BBC announced its demise

Sterling surging back to the levels it was at when the BBC announced its demise

Nothing from the BBC.
    They are too busy stoking up trouble in Ireland on border issues.

Establishment in full on stop Brexit mode.

HILARIOUS.

Re: Sterling surging back to the levels it was at when the BBC announced its demise

Since the initial furore over his gun tattoo, his stock has been on a constant up slope since. His hat trick last weekend saw it rise even more.

Re: Sterling surging back to the levels it was at when the BBC announced its demise

Good, he's in my fantasy team

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?f...to=EUR&view=5Y

Yeah, Brexit has been a roaring success for the pound

Football Index also shows his price is continuing to rise. Should have got in early.

The pound is currently worth 1.10 euros, if you're painting this as a success you're either a moron or have an invested interest in a weak pound.

And the only reason for the slight rise is beacsue of the pact of the other parties to not allow a no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Nothing from the BBC.

HILARIOUS.
    If the £ hits €1.20 by the end of the day....that's roaring back. As it has recovered by a cent or so from a very low base, hardly a roar. More of a "we've got a pulse".

Thought the first 2 posters nailed it.

Shame on the rest of you...

Walked past one of the currency places in St David's arcade today, they're selling 1.05 Euro. Doesn't seem a headline worthy recovery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Walked past one of the currency places in St David's arcade today, they're selling 1.05 Euro. Doesn't seem a headline worthy recovery to me.
    Never mind, roll on 31st Oct when we can put ✌ to EU 😉. Boris is the man, and if he ****s up like Theresa the remoaner, Nigel will sort it 😊

He's gone up £0.5 million since last week as well, if you want to do a straight swap it has to be for Salah. Big decision

Banned

Nothing from the BBC.

HILARIOUS.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-49297158

Glad I could help you

£1 = $1.21 - back to the level it was at last Thursday.

It is still 27c lower than in 2016 pre-Turkeys voting for Christmas and 32 c lower than when the referendum was passed into law.

But, yeah, you've convinced me. The effects of Brexit are purely fear mongering from the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-49297158

Glad I could help you

£1 = $1.21 - back to the level it was at last Thursday.

It is still 27c lower than in 2016 pre-Turkeys voting for Christmas and 32 c lower than when the referendum was passed into law.

But, yeah, you've convinced me. The effects of Brexit are purely fear mongering from the BBC.
    Great, but what does that have to do with his ability to score goals, and will this impact his price?

Nothing from the BBC.

HILARIOUS.
    I don't understand when the establishment are supposed to be in stop Brexit mode. The establishment need Brexit to carry on being able to avoid taxes and to slash workers' rights and wages. Why would the establishment want to remain in the EU when they have begged the EU to continue doing the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't understand when the establishment are supposed to be in stop Brexit mode. The establishment need Brexit to carry on being able to avoid taxes and to slash workers' rights and wages. Why would the establishment want to remain in the EU when they have begged the EU to continue doing the above?
    How has Brexit assisted tax avoidance for "the establishment"?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    How *will* Brexit assist in tax avoidance for "the establishment"?

Sorry, I thought we were playing the "poke holes in their statement without actually backing up your point of view" game.

Sterling seems to be a player who has matured despite/alongside the incredible amount of wealth he's been given. So many players seem to go the other way if their early years/teenage years are more complex. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thought the first 2 posters nailed it.

Shame on the rest of you...
    It could have been a beautiful thing

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Because of the law the EU are introducing/have introduced regarding offshore accounts and tax havans and the potential for the UK to become a tax havan for corporations (Singapore on Thames).

This has been a major talking point since before the referendum.

‘AlwaysAway Takes a Pound....ing Over Poor Spelling’😱😱

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It could have been a beautiful thing
    It had potential.

Then the sensible spoilers popped in for a nose and couldn’t resist being all serious.

It’s great when you don’t give life to these negative types of thread and turn them on their heads...

Nothing from the BBC.

HILARIOUS.
    What percentage of the BBC hierarchy do you think went to Eton and Oxford?

Nothing from the BBC.

HILARIOUS.
    Look at the bigger picture.
    22BC9F93-5C63-4005-87C0-D97DBAEA03E4.jpg995EBFCE-C5B8-46B1-BA08-A570A0DF2FD7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Because of the law the EU are introducing/have introduced regarding offshore accounts and tax havans and the potential for the UK to become a tax havan for corporations (Singapore on Thames).

This has been a major talking point since before the referendum.
    I was going to say the say ,the comparisons to Singapore have been well aired throughout this debate by Europe and opposition parties not wanting this option to became reality .

Its a mute point for me if ut bought genuine wealth and benefits to our country why not ,it seems to me Eire ,Luxembourg, and the Swiss manage it with little criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was going to say the say ,the comparisons to Singapore have been well aired throughout this debate by Europe and opposition parties not wanting this option to became reality .

Its a mute point for me if ut bought genuine wealth and benefits to our country why not ,it seems to me Eire ,Luxembourg, and the Swiss manage it with little criticism.
    Moot point mate.

And while it would benefit the rich it would be shite for society as a whole. Just look at Ireland now, fine if you’ve got a degree over inflated prices for everything.

The pound is still very weak to the euro compared to 2005 where I think it was around 1.50 euro to the pound