+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clarke, Harman or Corbyn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Clarke, Harman or Corbyn

Well votes of no confidence generally result in a General Election. No need for any " government of national unity" ( complete misnomer), or for anyone to declare themself to be Prime Minister in the mean time.

Let's just dissolve Parliament in early September when it reconvenes and have a General Election in mid November, which is the normal period for an election campaign .

There's a "deal" for you, and I tend to think it's the most likely outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well votes of no confidence generally result in a General Election. No need for any " government of national unity" ( complete misnomer), or for anyone to declare themself to be Prime Minister in the mean time.

Let's just dissolve Parliament in early September when it reconvenes and have a General Election in mid November, which is the normal period for an election campaign .

There's a "deal" for you, and I tend to think it's the most likely outcome.
    Hmm, is anything scheduled to happen between early September and mid November? Nah can't think of anything important.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Hmm, is anything scheduled to happen between early September and mid November? Nah can't think of anything important.

Quite. I think that's probably the strategy.

The interesting thing here is that both sides must gamble their own political future to gain the outcome they want.