Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
On the one hand, we're told this is the biggest peace time crisis the United Kingdom has faced in a century, but then when push comes to shove and there is a greater need for a Government of National Unity than at any time in my lifetime, party politics comes first. Whether it's the likes of Amber Rudd, Matt Hancock and Nicki Morgan putting their own career above the principles they were espousing only weeks ago or the anti no dealers now arguing about who'll be temporary Prime Minister, the politicians involved are complete hypocrites - if the consequences of no deal are as dire as they've been telling us, then they should act in what they see as the national interest.

If Jeremy Corbyn is genuine in what he says, then what does it matter if he becomes a temporary Prime Minister who calls a General Election within days or weeks? Trouble is, would that General Election be delayed because of "unforeseen problems" which only come to light when he took office? Labour, in particular their leader, have given me the impression that, first and foremost, they see Brexit as opportunity to get into power, so it's understandable in a way for some in other parties to have doubts about him I suppose.
If you take the words genuine,
and then add your last para about using Brexit as an opportunity for power , enough is said , about the man .