+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: Man City 2 -2 Spurs. VAR

FT: Man City 2 -2 Spurs. VAR

VAR denied Man City an injury time winner.

Re: FT: Man City 2 -2 Spurs. VAR

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    VAR denied Man City an injury time winner.
    IT also denied me 12 of 12 in betting.. *****..

VAR again.

I absolutely hate it.

There is one thing checking for infringements but it has basically taken ball to hand out of the game.
    Are players now to dive out of the way of the ball in the fear it might brush his arm?

This is a pure example of technology royally making a sport worse.

This was a clear case of accidental handball being given as handball, presumably because of the silhouette-thingy rule. All these rule changes have turned the game into an absolute nonsense. I just wish we could all go back to the Laws of the Game as they were 30 years ago. 'Progress,' has taken us backwards.

StT.
    <><

We might as well all play FIFA 2025 !!!

Football is ruined ???

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    This was a clear case of accidental handball being given as handball, presumably because of the silhouette-thingy rule. All these rule changes have turned the game into an absolute nonsense. I just wish we could all go back to the Laws of the Game as they were 30 years ago. 'Progress,' has taken us backwards.

StT.
    <><
    Where Laws were once applied they are now being interpretted and it's got us into a right pickle.

StT.
    <><
    Last edited by Steve the Tea; 17-08-19 at 19:26. Reason: 8

This is what happens when you leave the worlds greatest talent on the bench.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 17-08-19 at 19:29. Reason: 6a

works both ways if VAR was introduced last season in the prem pretty sure we would have had 4 cast iron penaltys which in effect could have kept us in the prem ( if we had scored them of course )

swings and roundabouts

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We might as well all play FIFA 2025 !!!

Football is ruined ???
    Well, if we'd have had VAR last season then we would have surely stayed up (according to some on here) Were you one of them? Personally, i don't like it. I don't care that officials get things wrong, or players, managers and owners. It's why i watch football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well, if we'd have had VAR last season then we would have surely stayed up (according to some on here) Were you one of them? Personally, i don't like it. I don't care that officials get things wrong, or players, managers and owners. It's why i watch football.
    Yep, blaming the ref is the best reason for not winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yep, blaming the ref is the best reason for not winning.
    Agree entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    works both ways if VAR was introduced last season in the prem pretty sure we would have had 4 cast iron penaltys which in effect could have kept us in the prem ( if we had scored them of course )

swings and roundabouts
    Those penalties last season didn't need VAR. It just needed refs who were not partial. Just a look at the Mitrovic foul on Morrison at Craven Cottage would tell you that. Are you saying a ref needed help in giving that one? Perhaps someone could post a pic of it. He's having a piggy back on Mozza with both arms around his neck!

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Those penalties last season didn't need VAR. It just needed refs who were not partial. Just a look at the Mitrovic foul on Morrison at Craven Cottage would tell you that. Are you saying a ref needed help in giving that one? Perhaps someone could post a pic of it. He's having a piggy back on Mozza with both arms around his neck!

StT.
    <><
    Have a look at Mozz at the next game, he constantly fouls players in the penalty box but gets away with it because he's cute. I'm not defending Mitrovic, but we can't have it all ways. Peltier is another, watch him hold onto players at set pieces. If they can get away with it then good luck, and that goes for the other team in my book.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a Premier league table for last season if VAR had been used.
    We finished 17th, 4 points ahead of Brighton.

steve the tea the game has moved on whether we like it or not . VAR is just another extension of change and like most things in life people get sceptical when it does !

there are very fine margins in top flight football now and with so much money involved VAR seems the logical choice . as for us last season as well as the penalty decisions against us i can recall quite a few dodgy off sides too ! only if we had VAR last season

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I saw a Premier league table for last season if VAR had been used.
    We finished 17th, 4 points ahead of Brighton.

What a load of bollocks that obviously was. Utter cobblers. After all, nobody could possibly know what would or would not have happened during a game after a VAR decision was awarded, so how could they possibly know what the final score would have been?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

What a load of bollocks that obviously was. Utter cobblers. After all, nobody could possibly know what would or would not have happened during a game after a VAR decision was awarded, so how could they possibly know what the final score would have been?
    Obvd
    Just like Sliding Doors innit

I'm worried about the "accidental handball" rule.
    It states that if the ball touches an arm IN ANY PHASE that leads to a goal, then the goal is not allowed.

What if a keeper clears a ball, kicks it against his defenders arm, it bounces to another defender, a dozen or so passes later it gets to the other pen area and a goal is scored.
    Under the letter of the law, play would have to be brought back to the keeper's kick.
    This will ruin the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    steve the tea the game has moved on whether we like it or not . VAR is just another extension of change and like most things in life people get sceptical when it does !

there are very fine margins in top flight football now and with so much money involved VAR seems the logical choice . as for us last season as well as the penalty decisions against us i can recall quite a few dodgy off sides too ! only if we had VAR last season
    I agree with you that the game has moved on but not for the better. I can recall Warnock saying, when he faced the FA/PL charge last season, that he argued 14 match changing decisions went against City. My point is that once upon a time everyone knew what offside and handball were.

Today's situation was always going to happen because:
    - the VAR process still has not been refined and
    - the meddling with the Laws has now also brought interpretation into the equation. This is a bad step.

They need to be applied, as they were a generation ago. Offside is offside whether interfering with play or not and needs to be given when the offence occurs and not delayed. Handball is only handball if the player deliberately handles to gain an advantage. The present situation is, I think you'll agree, is a morass of ...

StT.
    <><

The future of football is going to see attackers aim for defenders rather than the goal, the resulting penalties being easier to score, while defenders running away from attackers rather than protecting their net and fans refusing to celebrate any goal until 5 minutes after it's been scored. It's going to be weird.

Spot on imagine a world of football so clean in its decisions,
    you'd have no reason to rant and moan .

Can they rewind back to when joe jordan handled the ball at anfield

VAR was brought in to correct "obvious errors" only - that lasted a long time didn't it! It's added to the drama, but at the expense of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    VAR was brought in to correct "obvious errors" only - that lasted a long time didn't it! It's added to the drama, but at the expense of the game.
    Yep. That’s the intention. To create chaos that only people watching on tv will have any idea what’s going on.

Those at the ground will be left scratching their heads. Were it not for their smart phones the majority of people at the ground would have left the ground yesterday with no idea why the goal was disallowed. Just the way the tv companies wanted.

The tv people are being quite blatant in their support for it. Surely their first reaction would have been “this is ****ing stupid” after what happened yesterday. Yet they are calmly like well I guess it did brush his hand so by the letter of the new law (introduced for VAR by the way) I supppse it’s worked.

Who’s going to be the first team to have a goal disallowed for offside, because a player got “big ears” ???

Ear, your offside !!!! (Can’t put a laughing smiley, as the tinternet bullies don’t like ‘um)