+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Score Draw - Is Today The Day?

A Score Draw - Is Today The Day?

Amazingly, Cardiff City have not been involved in a score draw in any of their last 49 competitive fixtures. It's now 47 league games and 2 cup matches since the Bluebirds' last score draw, which occurred when they drew 1-1 with Sheffield United at Bramall Lane on 02/04/2018. No other club in the Premier or Football Leagues has a record even remotely close to that.

Three of the last four clashes between Reading and Cardiff at the Madejski Stadium have ended in score draws, so I reckon today looks as good a day as any for City to finally be involved in one. That said, it won't be at all surprising to see the total of competitive games without a score draw reach 50 today.

Re: A Score Draw - Is Today The Day?

I fancy a win today, German lad to pop a couple in.

Interesting stats which I wasn't aware of, that is indeed quite some remarkable record. I hope it becomes 50 competitive games without a score draw and we get a win today.

I'd much prefer a win over a draw, score or 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I'd much prefer a win over a draw, score or 0-0.
    Good lord

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Amazingly, Cardiff City have not been involved in a score draw in any of their last 49 competitive fixtures. It's now 47 league games and 2 cup matches since the Bluebirds' last score draw, which occurred when they drew 1-1 with Sheffield United at Bramall Lane on 02/04/2018. No other club in the Premier or Football Leagues has a record even remotely close to that.

Three of the last four clashes between Reading and Cardiff at the Madejski Stadium have ended in score draws, so I reckon today looks as good a day as any for City to finally be involved in one. That said, it won't be at all surprising to see the total of competitive games without a score draw reach 50 today.
    That 2017/18 season saw 5 score draws in total. There seems to be a bit of a trend with our score draws that season bar one game.

Fulham (a) 1-1 - Late Danny ward equaliser after being outplayed
    Sheff Wed (h) 1-1 - Bamba equaliser deep into injury time after being outplayed
    Reading (a) 2-2 - Tomlin equaliser deep into injury time after being outplayed
    Sheff Utd (a) 1-1 - Pilkington equaliser deep into injury time after being outplayed
    Millwall (a) 1-1 - no late equaliser

We also managed 5 goalless draws that season, 4 at home. One against the mighty Mansfield town.

There never looked even a remote possibility of a score draw yesterday after Puscas put Reading 1-0 up. A truly abysmal performance from City.

There never looked even a remote possibility of a score draw yesterday after Puscas put Reading 1-0 up. A truly abysmal performance from City.
    That must be the least contentious post you have ever put on here

Had to revisit this post.

It's been exactly 5 months since TLG highlighted our incredible stat of not getting a scoring draw in such a long period of time.

Since then, we've been involved in 12 drawn games, only matched by Stevenage and Macclesfield in the entire top 4 divisions.

More interesting is that we finally broke our score draw hoodoo on August 30 against Fulham. Only Macclesfield Town have managed as many scoring draws in all 4 divisions from that date. We've gone from being the least likely to get a score draw to the most likely in 5 months.

Much of this must be down to our new manager. With Harris at the helm, we've managed 5 score draws in 14 matches in all competitions, ekeing out another 2 goalless draws. Harris' record is 5 wins, 7 draws and 2 defeats. Since winning 3 games on the trot at the end of November/start of December, we've won 2 of the last 10 in all competitions - a good win at Sheffield Wednesday and a 4-3 thriller at Carlisle. 1 win in 8 league games isn't a suggestion of playoff form, though we've only had 2 defeats in that time.

A draw against West Brom would equal City's record run of 5 successive draws at home, set by Jones's Cardiff side in Dec 2006/Jan 2007. That looks to be a firm bet - West Brom have managed just 1 less scoring draw since August 30 than Cardiff!