+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WALES No 1 Team in WORLD!

WALES No 1 Team in WORLD!

Surprised no one has mentioned that our Rugby Team is officially No 1 in the World after beating England in Cardiff! Love to see our Football team also being No 1! Not bad for a country with a population of only 3million.

Re: WALES No 1 Team in WORLD!

No 1 on the planet according to WOS headline.
    Needless to say I didn't buy the useless rag.

They must have forgotten that New Zealand also play rugby

There's only about 10 teams play the game.

Rankings bear no resemblance to reality in sport , I remember Welsh football being ranked soooo high it made me fall off my chair in laughter .

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    There's only about 10 teams play the game.
    Spot on.

Someone has to be no1 so why not us.

Would've been the 3rd best though if England had scored a late converted try and drawn the game.

I have to apologise, there are more than 10 countries that play rugby.

Wales have played 22 other countries since they were formed in 1881.

Mind you, the Welsh football team have played 78 countries since they were formed in 1876.

Mind you, the Welsh football team have played 78 countries since they were formed in 1876.
    Is that right?! Only 22 other countries?!

It is even more of a joke that I thought it was!

That'd be a tough pub quiz tiebreaker. Name all 22.

can't you lot be happy about anything

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned that our Rugby Team is officially No 1 in the World after beating England in Cardiff! Love to see our Football team also being No 1! Not bad for a country with a population of only 3million.
    It's almost as if a country with a similar population size hasn't dominated the sport for as long as living memory stretches

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Is that right?! Only 22 other countries?!

It is even more of a joke that I thought it was!

There have been 21 football World Cup finals, with only 8 different winners.
    Only 7 rugby union World Cup finals with 4 different winners. That’s a better way to look at it, except if your a bitter City fan, who doesn’t like rugby. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    There have been 21 football World Cup finals, with only 8 different winners.
    Only 7 rugby union World Cup finals with 4 different winners. That’s a better way to look at it, except if your a bitter City fan, who doesn’t like rugby. ��
    That's an amazing stat. But Wales have played in 8 rugby World Cups. England have hosted 2 of those 8 finals.

There are probably 6 teams with a hope in hell of winning the rugby world cup and about 8 teams with a hope in hell of winning the next football world cup.

According to worldcupweb.com the reason it took so long to have a Rugby World cup was the opposition of Wales, England, Scotland and Ireland to having such a competition. It was first suggested in 1950.

In 1983 the IRB dismissed the idea. There was a meeting again in 1985 to see if a Rugby World Cup could be started, and Wales, England, Scotland and Ireland were opposed to it until one of the England delegates voted for, with the Welsh vote following.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Someone has to be no1 so why not us.

Would've been the 3rd best though if England had scored a late converted try and drawn the game.
    I just love the fact that journos and ex players from New Zealand are eying hysterical about Wales knocking them off the top spot.
    Wales do not make up the rules.
    New Zealand are second for a while. I am sure they will return to top spot in the next few weeks.

Our small country are top of the world rankings at something, how is that not a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Our small country are top of the world rankings at something, how is that not a good thing
    It's great our country is top of the rankings. Wish people would stop bleating on about how we are 'small' though, yes, it is a fact but Welsh people like to say it as if it's a shield in case we start doing poor at a given sport.

Wales didn't lose in rugby from 25th of February 2018 until 11th of August 2019 having played every major side at least once, except New Zealand who weren't played at all. It might only be 22 teams who play the sport but that's impressive whatever the game.

I think everyone realises that if Wales have peaked on the 17th of August 2019 then that massively impressive record will be bittersweet at best.

They have done superbly. Fingers crossed with injuries. England will go to the World Cup thinking they can win it. They are no better than Wales. We have seen Ireland, South Africa and Australia beat New Zealand. We can beat them too. We can win the World Cup.
    **** the media.

Exactly. If any other nation had taken top spot they'd crow about it.

But we aren't allowed.

Eddie Jones is loving it.
    Saying that we're now favourites for the World Cup just to take the pressure off his own squad. He loves trying to wind up Gatland.

There are over 100 International Rugby teams and 200 International Football Teams, however Rugby is so physical that if the Top Teams played the bottom teams it would be dangerous! Whereas although the top football teams beat the SAN Marinos 6-0 physically there’s no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Only in Wales this would happen. You must know by now, your not supposed to like RU if your a City fan! It’s the siege mentality innit!!!