+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How far will Warnock set us back?

How far will Warnock set us back?

We’ve all said how Ole nearly set us back x amount of years, and Trollope.
    But after Warnock’s farewell tour of the U.K. what state will Cardiff City be in?

Early days still and I could still eat humble pie, but 3 performances now with no fight, the football is painful and let’s be honest always has been under Neil, but we owe him don’t we?

Re: How far will Warnock set us back?

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    We’ve all said how Ole nearly set us back x amount of years, and Trollope.
    But after Warnock’s farewell tour of the U.K. what state will Cardiff City be in?

Early days still and I could still eat humble pie, but 3 performances now with no fight, the football is painful and let’s be honest always has been under Neil, but we owe him don’t we?
    There can't be too many managers whose side have started the season with two dismal away showings and a so, so home performance on the back of a relegation who has supporters saying that they owe him. Not having a go at you, because I'm sure there are plenty of City fans who feel that way, but our performances at Wigan and Reading would have supporters of other clubs calling for a manager's head.

Think this is very harsh. In terms of how far will he set us back, I see us being much further forward than when before he was here.

Everyone is bound to be critical after the last few performances but I do think we should stick with him. It s all well and good complaining what the next manager wants to do when he comes in but we are all assuming the next manager is going to want to play a particular way. For me everyone is trying to be a carbon copy of each other .

Yes it was shit but generally the players do work hard and do keep a good shape.

I think we need to go back to basics so concentrate on clean sheets because we will make enough opportunities with set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I think we need to go back to basics so concentrate on clean sheets because we will make enough opportunities with set pieces.
    Sounds exciting. Has Warnock been reading Russell Slade's book of tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You can say that again

You can say that again
    It’s what our Neil calls Total Football