Why wait 10 games? Neil should do the right thing and step down sooner rather than later.

We are having a shocking start to the season and anyone with a half decent brain would of realised this season was going to be a nightmare with our transfer shambles. Yes Warnock has found some gems and got us promoted last time, but we*had some players of experience such as Gunnarsson who lead by example on the pitch. Mind you he’s also found us some rotten eggs as well.

This has got to be one of the worst starts to a season I have seen. Even under Trollope we had 4 points (1 more ) after the opening 3 games and we all seen what happened then.

Our opening 3 games ;-

Wigan lost 3-2. Wigan have not scored another goal and conceded 5 losing both their following games

Luton we beat them 2-1 with what I may add was a lucky last minute goal which I went crazy when we scored. Luton drew 3-3 in their opening game and lost 2-1 to West Brom last week, so have conceded 7 goals like us.

Reading beat us 3-0 but lost their opening game 3-1 at home to Sheff Wed and 2-1 away at Hull. Neither of these teams are world beaters.

We play Huddersfield on Wednesday – who lost 2-1 to Derby and Fulham (Both clubs will be in the top 6) and drew 1-1 with QPR. I would love us to beat Huddersfield and turn things around but looking at current form, I can see us losing 2-0*or 2-1. The defence is a shambles and yes I’ve been to all 3 games, the hoof ball tactics we play (if you can call them tactics) don’t seem to be working anymore. Decent defenders can defend against hoof ball all day, but we can’t deal with pace. Would Etheridge*have saved some of the goals we conceded – maybe – but it’s the manager’s job to have a decent back up goalkeeper.

I would thank Neil for his services and wish he would of step down and let someone younger with fresh ideas take over the team. We will probable finish the season mid table (not relegated) as we have a few players to come back from injury so give the new manager time to try out some new tactics.

I’ve seen the posts saying what would our fans do if they had to watch us in the 80’s and 90’s, well I was there and witnessed the football, but in those days we didn’t spend stupid money to bring in players who could make the bench as most of them were free signings. Spending £82k on Carl Dale in 91 was unheard of, but he was worth every penny.