+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock Out

Warnock Out

No style of play.

Bad against Wigan, worse against Reading.

Weakened the defence.

The midfield gives up possession as if we always have to.

For me he has run his course and I've seen enough. I don't see what him staying this season does for us in a positive way.

Re: Warnock Out

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    No style of play.

Bad against Wigan, worse against Reading.

Weakened the defence.

The midfield gives up possession as if we always have to.

For me he has run his course and I've seen enough. I don't see what him staying this season does for us in a positive way.
    The issue is his legacy on the pitch and i can't see there being one. The next manager is going to have to completely change the style of play and gut the squad. It's year three and it looks like his awful football has been sussed out, we're easy to play against and lack quality. He should have gone at the end of last season and a new manager put in place with the added buffer of the parachute payments. It's going to take a new man atleast a season to change things, that could have been this season. Another concern is Dalman and Choo, i wouldn't trust them to get it right at a lucky dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The issue is his legacy on the pitch and i can't see there being one. The next manager is going to have to completely change the style of play and gut the squad. It's year three and it looks like his awful football has been sussed out, we're easy to play against and lack quality. He should have gone at the end of last season and a new manager put in place with the added buffer of the parachute payments. It's going to take a new man atleast a season to change things, that could have been this season. Another concern is Dalman and Choo, i wouldn't trust them to get it right at a lucky dip.
    You're right there.

You wouldn't trust them to pick their nose.

Just travelling back. Bluebirds

If it carries on like this I can see him retiring early. I love the man and what he's done, but I get the sense that today was a significant thing. Perhaps Watnockball no longer works or perhaps the players we've now got can't do it, but it's very hard indeed to see what can be done about this.

If it's bringing in a freaky foreign manager and buying Portuguese players with strange haircuts and even stranger temperaments I think I'll retire with the manager.
    I liked the honest straightforward English game with a team which was greater than the sum of its parts, and that we could often run rings around teams of expensive pirouetting tossers. Mind you, I also liked it when men only married women and the side which got most votes won, so I'm probably as out of time as Sir Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    If it carries on like this I can see him retiring early. I love the man and what he's done, but I get the sense that today was a significant thing. Perhaps Watnockball no longer works or perhaps the players we've now got can't do it, but it's very hard indeed to see what can be done about this.

If it's bringing in a freaky foreign manager and buying Portuguese players with strange haircuts and even stranger temperaments I think I'll retire with the manager.
    I liked the honest straightforward English game with a team which was greater than the sum of its parts, and that we could often run rings around teams of expensive pirouetting tossers. Mind you, I also liked it when men only married women and the side which got most votes won, so I'm probably as out of time as Sir Neil.
    Turned a bit weird at the end that, proper brexit

This sounds like me over the years - “why bring in these foreign managers when so many good British managers are still out of work”
    Now I have changed my mind. The game has moved on while the Warnocks of this world still believe we are playing on pitches mud splattered from goalmouth to goalmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    This sounds like me over the years - “why bring in these foreign managers when so many good British managers are still out of work”
    Now I have changed my mind. The game has moved on while the Warnocks of this world still believe we are playing on pitches mud splattered from goalmouth to goalmouth.

Thing is though, has it changed in ways we still want to watch ? Is it still a proper sport where people can realistically hope their team will succeed , or is it now some kind of ****ing circus act where a few very rich clubs import the performers and every other club is just a prop in the act ?

Some more quotes from former (current?) Walesonline writer, Scott Johnson:

Cardiff have never been this bad under Warnock before. It’s no one thing either, it’s everything. Still early days, but my god, what the **** just happened?! Some people laughed when I pondered if Cardiff might go through an identity crisis, but here we are. Who/what are they?

That was the sort of performance that makes you want to stay off Twitter for a week. Remain calm people, count to 10 before typing. I will say this though; if you think Tomlin is the solution, you’re barking up the wrong tree with the wrong dog

In a nutshell; Cardiff look nothing like a Neil Warnock side at the moment. There’s no fight or intensity, no shape or evident gameplan. They look like a side that needs Neil Warnock to ride in and save them. I’m a Warnock loyalist though and I back him all the way

Also, I think we all now know just how good Bruno Manga is
    I think that sums it up nicely. What I would say is that the Jacks spent all summer putting in a backroom structure and are still only competing in this division based on the academy pathway, started under Potter last year, and two signings they're still hoping leave before transfer window shuts; we, on the other hand, saw the replacement for Gunnarsson (who effectively left before last season ended) signed almost after the window had shut. It's going to take time to build an off-the-field structure and if we can do that this year, get the training ground sorted and still finish in the top 10 then I would say it's been a successful year and the stability of an extra year of Warnock has worked. Finishing in the top 10 currently seems not inevitable mind.

I think we should look at our record after 10 games and make a judgment then again at Christmas, if we are not in the Top half we say thanks Neil and make the change. However Warnock shouldn’t be involved in choosing his successor, we should go for a Director of Football to sort out the Academy, transfers, long term planning etc and a Head Coach to improve our current players.

I think Sunday just showed how woefully thin we are beyond the first team starters. We looked untroubled and comfortable until Pack went off after 20 mins. That meant we had to shift Bacuna in to a holding role and play an untested centre half at right back.

I do also think we need a plan B, we rely so heavily on the form and energy of our wide men that when they have an off day we are completely toothless in attack.

Why wait 10 games? Neil should do the right thing and step down sooner rather than later.

We are having a shocking start to the season and anyone with a half decent brain would of realised this season was going to be a nightmare with our transfer shambles. Yes Warnock has found some gems and got us promoted last time, but we*had some players of experience such as Gunnarsson who lead by example on the pitch. Mind you he’s also found us some rotten eggs as well.

This has got to be one of the worst starts to a season I have seen. Even under Trollope we had 4 points (1 more ) after the opening 3 games and we all seen what happened then.

Our opening 3 games ;-

Wigan lost 3-2. Wigan have not scored another goal and conceded 5 losing both their following games

Luton we beat them 2-1 with what I may add was a lucky last minute goal which I went crazy when we scored. Luton drew 3-3 in their opening game and lost 2-1 to West Brom last week, so have conceded 7 goals like us.

Reading beat us 3-0 but lost their opening game 3-1 at home to Sheff Wed and 2-1 away at Hull. Neither of these teams are world beaters.

We play Huddersfield on Wednesday – who lost 2-1 to Derby and Fulham (Both clubs will be in the top 6) and drew 1-1 with QPR. I would love us to beat Huddersfield and turn things around but looking at current form, I can see us losing 2-0*or 2-1. The defence is a shambles and yes I’ve been to all 3 games, the hoof ball tactics we play (if you can call them tactics) don’t seem to be working anymore. Decent defenders can defend against hoof ball all day, but we can’t deal with pace. Would Etheridge*have saved some of the goals we conceded – maybe – but it’s the manager’s job to have a decent back up goalkeeper.

I would thank Neil for his services and wish he would of step down and let someone younger with fresh ideas take over the team. We will probable finish the season mid table (not relegated) as we have a few players to come back from injury so give the new manager time to try out some new tactics.

I’ve seen the posts saying what would our fans do if they had to watch us in the 80’s and 90’s, well I was there and witnessed the football, but in those days we didn’t spend stupid money to bring in players who could make the bench as most of them were free signings. Spending £82k on Carl Dale in 91 was unheard of, but he was worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Some more quotes from former (current?) Walesonline writer, Scott Johnson:

I think that sums it up nicely. What I would say is that the Jacks spent all summer putting in a backroom structure and are still only competing in this division based on the academy pathway, started under Potter last year, and two signings they're still hoping leave before transfer window shuts; we, on the other hand, saw the replacement for Gunnarsson (who effectively left before last season ended) signed almost after the window had shut. It's going to take time to build an off-the-field structure and if we can do that this year, get the training ground sorted and still finish in the top 10 then I would say it's been a successful year and the stability of an extra year of Warnock has worked. Finishing in the top 10 currently seems not inevitable mind.
    Warnock didn't agree to do an extra year to finish 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by nearly 40 View Post
    Why wait 10 games? Neil should do the right thing and step down sooner rather than later.

We are having a shocking start to the season and anyone with a half decent brain would of realised this season was going to be a nightmare with our transfer shambles. Yes Warnock has found some gems and got us promoted last time, but we*had some players of experience such as Gunnarsson who lead by example on the pitch. Mind you he’s also found us some rotten eggs as well.

This has got to be one of the worst starts to a season I have seen. Even under Trollope we had 4 points (1 more ) after the opening 3 games and we all seen what happened then.

Our opening 3 games ;-

Wigan lost 3-2. Wigan have not scored another goal and conceded 5 losing both their following games

Luton we beat them 2-1 with what I may add was a lucky last minute goal which I went crazy when we scored. Luton drew 3-3 in their opening game and lost 2-1 to West Brom last week, so have conceded 7 goals like us.

Reading beat us 3-0 but lost their opening game 3-1 at home to Sheff Wed and 2-1 away at Hull. Neither of these teams are world beaters.

We play Huddersfield on Wednesday – who lost 2-1 to Derby and Fulham (Both clubs will be in the top 6) and drew 1-1 with QPR. I would love us to beat Huddersfield and turn things around but looking at current form, I can see us losing 2-0*or 2-1. The defence is a shambles and yes I’ve been to all 3 games, the hoof ball tactics we play (if you can call them tactics) don’t seem to be working anymore. Decent defenders can defend against hoof ball all day, but we can’t deal with pace. Would Etheridge*have saved some of the goals we conceded – maybe – but it’s the manager’s job to have a decent back up goalkeeper.

I would thank Neil for his services and wish he would of step down and let someone younger with fresh ideas take over the team. We will probable finish the season mid table (not relegated) as we have a few players to come back from injury so give the new manager time to try out some new tactics.

I’ve seen the posts saying what would our fans do if they had to watch us in the 80’s and 90’s, well I was there and witnessed the football, but in those days we didn’t spend stupid money to bring in players who could make the bench as most of them were free signings. Spending £82k on Carl Dale in 91 was unheard of, but he was worth every penny.
    Good post.

I was also there in the dark days and it grips my shit when people roll that out as a retort to people wanting a better standard of football. Weve been an established Championship team for the best part of two decades. In the past 11 years weve been to 2 major finals, 2 promotions to the Premier league plus several play off or automatic promotion challenges. We are no longer that Division 3 and 4 yo-yo club we were 30 years ago.

Are we not allowed to want to better be just because we were shit 30 years ago?

It was also a lot cheaper to go back then, and players were paid a lot less, plus off the field it was "eventful" shall we say, so it was easier to put up with the dross that was served up on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Warnock didn't agree to do an extra year to finish 10th.
    There isnt an effective off field structure either. That is quite evident from the transfer dealings.

Another season of Warnock is another season of being stuck in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There isnt an effective off field structure either. That is quite evident from the transfer dealings.

Another season of Warnock is another season of being stuck in the past.
    We need a director of football who is allowed to improve every part of the club. From the youth team to transfers we seem ten years behind a lot of teams at our level.

A structure needs to be put in place so sacking a manager isn't the end of the world and a brand new slate every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    We need a director of football who is allowed to improve every part of the club. From the youth team to transfers we seem ten years behind a lot of teams at our level.

A structure needs to be put in place so sacking a manager isn't the end of the world and a brand new slate every time.
    Whilst I totally agree I think Tans experience with a similar set up under Malky and Moody will mean it wont get implemented.

Ken Choo, lovely man and very decent human being it seems, but what the **** does he know about football?

Same goes for Dalman, (the knowing **** all about football bit), who I think is as slippery as a 2nd hand car salesman.

Weve been taken for a ride by agents for years, and Warnock is no saint either. Only have to look at some of the baffling contracts dished out to players attached to the agency his son works for. Bacuna tops the lot. There was no logic to giving him a 4.5 year deal. None whatsoever.

Then there is the place for his son in the academy, who I am told is garbage, plus the 2 Mckay lads.

Warnock is cleverer than Malky though. He always makes sure he praises Tan, or rather "Vincent" as he likes to call him.

Completely agree, he's done a decent job but he's no saint

I think you all need to be careful what you wish for.

A win tomorrow and all this will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    I think you all need to be careful what you wish for.

A win tomorrow and all this will be forgotten.
    Really? A win would be very welcome but I, for one, won’t be forgetting the second half at Wigan and Sunday’s debacle, even the laboured win against Luton in a hurry.

Good post.

I was also there in the dark days and it grips my shit when people roll that out as a retort to people wanting a better standard of football. Weve been an established Championship team for the best part of two decades. In the past 11 years weve been to 2 major finals, 2 promotions to the Premier league plus several play off or automatic promotion challenges. We are no longer that Division 3 and 4 yo-yo club we were 30 years ago.

Are we not allowed to want to better be just because we were shit 30 years ago?

It was also a lot cheaper to go back then, and players were paid a lot less, plus off the field it was "eventful" shall we say, so it was easier to put up with the dross that was served up on the pitch.
    Agreed. I was saying this 10 years ago.

Think you summed most footy fans of a certain maturity

Whilst I totally agree I think Tans experience with a similar set up under Malky and Moody will mean it wont get implemented.

Ken Choo, lovely man and very decent human being it seems, but what the **** does he know about football?

Same goes for Dalman, (the knowing **** all about football bit), who I think is as slippery as a 2nd hand car salesman.

Weve been taken for a ride by agents for years, and Warnock is no saint either. Only have to look at some of the baffling contracts dished out to players attached to the agency his son works for. Bacuna tops the lot. There was no logic to giving him a 4.5 year deal. None whatsoever.

Then there is the place for his son in the academy, who I am told is garbage, plus the 2 Mckay lads.

Warnock is cleverer than Malky though. He always makes sure he praises Tan, or rather "Vincent" as he likes to call him.
    Id' say Neil is not as arrogant as Malky and a bit more politic and and canny than Milky

Really? I watching Wolves yesterday thinking "that could be us". And I really wish it was. They play good football and they've slotted right into the EPL, more than holding their own. They've gone toe-to-toe with Man U and others with no fear whatsoever. Why wouldn't any City fan want that for us? We looked petrified every time we came up against a top-six club last year except for the last game of the season when we were already relegated. Now we're back struggling in the Championship and still playing shit football.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Really? I watching Wolves yesterday thinking "that could be us". And I really wish it was. They play good football and they've slotted right into the EPL, more than holding their own. They've gone toe-to-toe with Man U and others with no fear whatsoever. Why wouldn't any City fan want that for us? We looked petrified every time we came up against a top-six club last year except for the last game of the season when we were already relegated. Now we're back struggling in the Championship and still playing shit football.
    👍