+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock Out

Re: Warnock Out

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Really? A win would be very welcome but I, for one, won’t be forgetting the second half at Wigan and Sunday’s debacle, even the laboured win against Luton in a hurry.
    Agreed. I've been very critical of our manager lately, but I will concede that it was some achievement to get a club that has so much wrong with it in terms of player recruitment, youth development and general football expertise promoted two seasons ago - unfortunately, the fact that we are almost back to where we were when he took over while having spent over £50 million on new players means that all of that credit he built up has been lost as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed. I've been very critical of our manager lately, but I will concede that it was some achievement to get a club that has so much wrong with it in terms of player recruitment, youth development and general football expertise promoted two seasons ago - unfortunately, the fact that we are almost back to where we were when he took over while having spent over £50 million on new players means that all of that credit he built up has been lost as far as I'm concerned.
    I agree. I watched Wigan last night and they were shocking and scored 3 goals past us. They had 1 shot on target against a very poor Middlesbrough team. Again they have not scored another goal since they beat us and have a goal difference of -5.

If Wigan can hit us for 3 then we are going to be cannon fodder for all teams unless we sort the defence out.

Maybe Etheridge out injured is the missing link but Smithies is a £4 million keeper so should be adequate cover. Like I said previously I would love Warnock to wave his magic wand and keep us up, but i seriously can't see that happening.

Exactly. I don't even know why there's any debate over this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Really? I watching Wolves yesterday thinking "that could be us". And I really wish it was. They play good football and they've slotted right into the EPL, more than holding their own. They've gone toe-to-toe with Man U and others with no fear whatsoever. Why wouldn't any City fan want that for us? We looked petrified every time we came up against a top-six club last year except for the last game of the season when we were already relegated. Now we're back struggling in the Championship and still playing shit football.
    In fairness they have got a great team and manager but that's mostly because they're basically owned by Jorge Mendes

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    In fairness they have got a great team and manager but that's mostly because they're basically owned by Jorge Mendes
    Someone who understands football. Another thing I'd like for us. Good for them.

Someone who understands football. Another thing I'd like for us. Good for them.
    Also someone with a ridiculous amount of money who can get players to move where ever he wants, their situation is comletely different to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Also someone with a ridiculous amount of money who can get players to move where ever he wants, their situation is comletely different to ours.
    It is. We have someone with a ridiculous amount of money who doesn't know what he's doing.

Seems unlikely to me that someone with that much money doesn't know what they're doing.

Really? I watching Wolves yesterday thinking "that could be us". And I really wish it was. They play good football and they've slotted right into the EPL, more than holding their own. They've gone toe-to-toe with Man U and others with no fear whatsoever. Why wouldn't any City fan want that for us? We looked petrified every time we came up against a top-six club last year except for the last game of the season when we were already relegated. Now we're back struggling in the Championship and still playing shit football.
    And apparently their Director of Football is a Welshmen!

If results go against us tonight we'll also end up right back where we were when he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Seems unlikely to me that someone with that much money doesn't know what they're doing.
    I think he meant in a footballing sense.

What has surprised me is that a good businessman who doesn't know an area of business will usually look to recruit somebody who does know that area in depth. He hasn't seemed to have done it.in his football branch of enterprises.

Dalman and Choo, as hard as they work, are not that.

Forget the fact that Warnock saved us from relegation two and a half years ago, forget that he got us promoted to the Prem fifteen months ago and nearly kept us in it against all the odds, what Warnock has really done for this club is that he has given it back its pride and reconnected the team to the fans. He has also in the process got the club on a sound financial footing to move onward.

The usual morons who have contributed to this thread so far completely fail to grasp this and all they are doing is (deliberately ?) undermining the progress that has been made and making themselves look stupid in the process. Thank god I am one of the other twenty odd thousand or so who go to the stadium regularly and live in the real world, who will be sad to see him pack it in next summer and am very grateful for what he has done for is in the three years he has been here.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Forget the fact that Warnock saved us from relegation two and a half years ago, forget that he got us promoted to the Prem fifteen months ago and nearly kept us in it against all the odds, what Warnock has really done for this club is that he has given it back its pride and reconnected the team to the fans. He has also in the process got the club on a sound financial footing to move onward.

The usual morons who have contributed to this thread so far completely fail to grasp this and all they are doing is (deliberately ?) undermining the progress that has been made and making themselves look stupid in the process. Thank god I am one of the other twenty odd thousand or so who go to the stadium regularly and live in the real world, who will be sad to see him pack it in next summer and am very grateful for what he has done for is in the three years he has been here.
    I appreciate what he’s done, it’s been a great ride but football moves on, yesterday’s heroes & all that. I question your ‘sound financial footing’ remark though, he’s pissed a fair few bob up the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Some more quotes from former (current?) Walesonline writer, Scott Johnson:

I think that sums it up nicely. What I would say is that the Jacks spent all summer putting in a backroom structure and are still only competing in this division based on the academy pathway, started under Potter last year, and two signings they're still hoping leave before transfer window shuts; we, on the other hand, saw the replacement for Gunnarsson (who effectively left before last season ended) signed almost after the window had shut. It's going to take time to build an off-the-field structure and if we can do that this year, get the training ground sorted and still finish in the top 10 then I would say it's been a successful year and the stability of an extra year of Warnock has worked. Finishing in the top 10 currently seems not inevitable mind.
    I think Bacuna was the Gunnar replacement to be honest.

I’m not a Warnock out type, I don’t think he should have stayed (made it public even saying he may not last the season, makes us weaker imo) but I don’t feel comfortable calling for a managers head it just causes negativity and ends up festering into something awful tbh. Takes away the good feeling that was built up.

I do think he needs to stop with the lone striker and 2 wingers though. With the work load he shafts on them we might as well go 442/4411 with support for the striker and L/RM alongside the 2 CM.

Yeah yeah armchair manager etc, but something has to give. Stop being a stubborn bastard and change it up please Neil, ****ing please.

mOrOn aM i and I undersTood thIs thIng tHat we Is BetTer noW ofF wiTh PosiTiOn We iN now bEcAuse WE gOt GoOd man Who iS mAnaGer

Oh **** off you condescending fool. We all understand. We just have different opinions. Try and understand that you effing wally.

So at what point will you put to one side what Warnock has done for the club and realise he should go before next summer? Bottom 3 at xmas? Bottom 6?